High time to revamp the Supreme Court

It's obvious the Court has become political in nature as they chip away at our Constitution.....therefore we need to change the Court's parameters....

some suggestions....

1) enlarging the Court to say....19 members...

2) changing tenure to maybe 10 or 20 years...

3) allow for smart non-lawyer appointees....

4) insist that members adhere to the letter of the Constitution or be subject to dismissal....

agree or disagree....?

:rofl:

It's obvious the Court has become political in nature as they chip away at our Constitution.....therefore we need to change the Court's parameters....

some suggestions....

4) insist that members adhere to the letter of the Constitution or be subject to dismissal....

agree or disagree....?

what's so freakin' funny about attempting to limit judges who think they are smarter than the law.....? :mad:

Are there Constitutional limits to Federal government taxing authority?
Yes the authority to tax is limited to Congress.

OK. I should rephrase.

Are there Constitutional limits to Congress' taxing authority?

i thought there were only certain kinds of federal taxes allowed.....like income tax and taxes for the common defense.....

since i believe this is neither......i'm wondering what type of tax was Roberts referring to.....?

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

Agree. I do not like any office where people stay for life. No government office should be without term limits.

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

what's so freakin' funny about attempting to limit judges who think they are smarter than the law.....? :mad:

What's funny is you acting like YOU'RE such a legal expert and the fact that you're only saying this because of extreme butthurt over yesterday's ruling.

It's obvious the Court has become political in nature as they chip away at our Constitution.

Yeah, because John Roberts is probably a big personal supporter of the health care law.

That idea worked well for FDR.

That's a great idea. The court will be even more inclined to swing with the politics of the times.

There's no requirement that a person be a lawyer to become a Justice of the court. It just so happens that people with a law degree happen to be infinitely more qualified on interpreting the law.

The Judiciary is granted by the constitution with the power and duty to interpret the laws, including the constitution. The Supreme Court is, therefore, constitutionally endowed as being virtually inerrant. Thus, your insinuation that Justices don't already adhere to the constitution is absurd. I think what you mean is that you would want to establish a litmus test to make sure that Justices would rule on cases based on the politics that you personally like.

What's funny is you acting like YOU'RE such a legal expert and the fact that you're only saying this because of extreme butthurt over yesterday's ruling.

what's even funnier is you thinking that i'm acting like a legal expert......:D

it doesn't take much for a lay person to grasp the basics here.....Roberts contorted logic in order to find a way for Obamacare to suck air for a few months longer....and i bet he is patting himself on the back for being such a bright judge...:eusa_hand:

It's obvious the Court has become political in nature as they chip away at our Constitution.

Yeah, because John Roberts is probably a big personal supporter of the health care law.

so a penalty is the same thing as a tax....?

already addressed this.....add them over several administrations....

That's a great idea. The court will be even more inclined to swing with the politics of the times.

so what....it does now....

There's no requirement that a person be a lawyer to become a Justice of the court. It just so happens that people with a law degree happen to be infinitely more qualified on interpreting the law.

yes....you would THINK so....

The Judiciary is granted by the constitution with the power and duty to interpret the laws, including the constitution. The Supreme Court is, therefore, constitutionally endowed as being virtually inerrant. Thus, your insinuation that Justices don't already adhere to the constitution is absurd. I think what you mean is that you would want to establish a litmus test to make sure that Justices would rule on cases based on the politics that you personally like.

INTERPRET the existing law......not make NEW ONES......

so a penalty is the same thing as a tax....?

already addressed this.....add them over several administrations....

so what....it does now....

yes....you would THINK so....

But the Constitution does not give the Court the power to interpret the laws and decide if they fit the Constitution. The Court simply took that power for its very own in 1803 in the most famous court case to date, Marbury vs. Madison.

Sounds dumb to me... It's already their job to "adhere to the letter of the Constitution" and they don't... But that's why they say "in your opinion." Both sides we demand anyone that does not vote how they like gets removed.

The best thing people can do at this point is revolt, this does not need to be violent, but maybe it will be. Government should have never pushed people that a point where violence is an option but it seems the US wants it.

I declare NASA unconstitutional (find it in the Constitution). Well, there goes satellite TV and the Internet.

Hope you don't like stealth bombers or clean air. They aren't there either.

I agree, get rid of NASA. What were you talking about stealth bombers and internet? Oh, you’re the “educated liberal” that lacks any education on the subject you are talking about… Seen that quite a few times.

MORE GOVERNMENT OR YOU WILL DIE!!! lol... Good stuff.

A strict reading of the constitution will get rid of all of the above. Sorry. Facts are stubborn things. You? You're just idiotic.

Supreme Court justices should be elected and have term limits. These life time appointments are bull shit.

I expect old Ruthie to keel over and crook off any time. She has no business being on that court. Neither does radical partisan hacks like Sotomayer and Kagan.

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

If you admit that you are bat shit crazy ...I will agree to it.

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

Why? we allowed this too happen I have come too grips with what Roberts said. and it's a bitter pill to swallow all I can say if we don't vote every cock sucker out of office will we enslave ourselves

Says an ignorant mind. Courts have been making law for a thousand years. It's an inherent part of judicial power. Court's make common law (case law) and legislature's make statutory law. The founder's understood this when they wrote the constitution and charged the Judiciary with the judicial powers of the government.

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

It’s not a matter of ‘agreeing’ or ‘disagreeing,’ as the proposal is idiocy.

What you’re advocating is a second legislative branch, and it will only succeed in destroying judicial independence.

As for:
insist that members adhere to the letter of the Constitution or be subject to dismissal....

Who would have the authority to do the ‘insisting’ and ‘dismissing’?

Chief Justice Warren experience the same hate and inane ‘reforms’ after the Brown decision, invalidating segregation and striking down ‘separate but equal.’ Needless to say history proved Warren correct and his detractors extreme; the same will be true for Chief Justice Roberts.

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?

Disagree...

some suggestions....

agree or disagree....?
Disagree on all but #2. or at least set a mandatory retirement age.

Forum List

Back