High School

What were you in high school?

• Total voters
I wasn't a cheerleader, I was a pom (I think they are called dance squads now).

I was what we called "soshe" - the social folks. I was also a good girl, which sometimes got me called a tease. A good girl in the sense that I would not go "all the way", but I certainly partied. Alcohol, no drugs.

(I was also a brain, but kept that on the down-low - bad for image.)

I voted good girl because I never got into trouble.....always did my work....was a perfect student, excellent grades, perfect attendance......but....I got married when I was 15......so I quit after my freshman year.
But I went back and took a few classes and I got my GED :)

I voted good girl because I never got into trouble.....always did my work....was a perfect student, excellent grades, perfect attendance......but....I got married when I was 15......so I quit after my freshman year.

I could have corrupted you Dabs. ;) Si too. Maybe both at the same time. :lmao:

Last edited:
I would never go to a high school reunion. None of the kids I hung with would go and I wouldn't know anyone else.

I went to my first high school reunion last summer....it was my 40TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I decided i'd do it. What helped too was i have Facebook (of course) and someone set up a facebook page for our reunion. So others joined and we were able to actually see what everyone looks like now. So when we went to the reunion, most of them i didn't have to look at name tags to know!! Lol! But i had sooooo much fun. People change...and i was very impressed with some, had a lot of fun with people that i probably wouldn't have talked to in school, and was surprised at some that i THOUGHT would have gone far and didn't. Lol! I was really glad i went...........

My 40th is in four years. I might go, just to hug one of the jocks that turned out to be an amazing man. I friended him on FB. We don't talk often, but when we do it's just like he was a like-minded sibling.

I'm an "other". I started working at 14 and have been employed ever since. That didn't leave a lot of time for school although I made honor roll and nailed a couple of scholarships. My parents still couldn't cover the cost of college after the scholarships applied, so I joined the Army and traveled the world instead. I can think of one or two people from HS I'd like to see again, but not any others.

I could have corrupted you Dabs. ;) Si too. Maybe both at the same time. :lmao:
Tag team corruption!

What were you? List/poll to follow.

I was the loner who fit in with everyone..... all groups claimed me as one of theirs..(which was sorta weird) I hung with everyone...and no one... at the same time......

I went to a HS on the North Shore in the burbs north of Chicago...lots of snobby kids. Think John Hughes, who grew up in the area, and movies like Ferris Bueller (I got to watch parts of it being filmed at my school) and Breakfast Club (Emilio and Judd hung out at our school for a day, mostly in the weight room talking to the guys). There were the Sportos (jocks/cheerleaders/preps), Freaks (rebels/rockers), Fritos (liked to think they were a combo of both), Bandies (band geeks) and everyone else. I have always hated being labeled, and while I had friends across the spectrum, I mostly hung with freaks. Those guys were cool because they drove the muscle cars and cranked good tunes. I fucking LOVED HS!!:cool:

I went to a HS on the North Shore in the burbs north of Chicago...lots of snobby kids. Think John Hughes, who grew up in the area, and movies like Ferris Bueller (I got to watch parts of it being filmed at my school) and Breakfast Club (Emilio and Judd hung out at our school for a day, mostly in the weight room talking to the guys). There were the Sportos (jocks/cheerleaders/preps), Freaks (rebels/rockers), Fritos (liked to think they were a combo of both), Bandies (band geeks) and everyone else. I have always hated being labeled, and while I had friends across the spectrum, I mostly hung with freaks. Those guys were cool because they drove the muscle cars and cranked good tunes. I fucking LOVED HS!!:cool:

LOL !!!! I went to A high school oppset of this
country school in sw Nebraska
we all new are burfdays en sech
I is a country boy now sirs

as fer the cheerleaders ---we fed them bails of hay ta keep them grazing on our foosball field and all

I would never go to a high school reunion. None of the kids I hung with would go and I wouldn't know anyone else.

I went to my first high school reunion last summer....it was my 40TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I decided i'd do it. What helped too was i have Facebook (of course) and someone set up a facebook page for our reunion. So others joined and we were able to actually see what everyone looks like now. So when we went to the reunion, most of them i didn't have to look at name tags to know!! Lol! But i had sooooo much fun. People change...and i was very impressed with some, had a lot of fun with people that i probably wouldn't have talked to in school, and was surprised at some that i THOUGHT would have gone far and didn't. Lol! I was really glad i went...........

My 40th is in four years. I might go, just to hug one of the jocks that turned out to be an amazing man. I friended him on FB. We don't talk often, but when we do it's just like he was a like-minded sibling.

:eusa_hand:.... you could not pay me enough to go to a reunion. I did not want to know them then... why on earth would i want to catch up with them. Its one of the reasons i hate facebook.... if i had wanted to keep up with these people i would have... i sure as hell dont want them crawling out of the wood work....or expecting me to be their oldest newest best friend.

I loved HS. I loved college more, but HS leaves me with mostly great memories.

I hated HS... such a wast of my time. I would have preferred skipping it and going straight to college.
As I get older, I think I am one of the few who loved HS.

The summer between my junior and senior year was the absolute best and I went to freaking summer school. LOL.

One of the local schools was offering a new sort of class...not AP, but something more rigorous than that. I had already been early accepted into my university, so I signed up for it. It was in advance calculus - like second semester calc at university - and I knew I was going to need that class at university.

So I took it. In the mornings for three hours I was in the class with a a bunch of geeks. Total geeks. There were 12 of us there.

So, after the class, I would go straight to our club to hang at the pool. I would get there about 10:30 in the AM...well before my friends would show up. They usually got there at 1ish. So, I studied for two hours at the pool, then spent the rest of day goofing with the non-geek friends, and had my nights free to party with them

Then, next morning the same thing....three hour class.

Ten weeks of that, but, damn, I loved it.

And, when I got to Purdue for my freshman year, I tested out of an entire year of math and started right into dif EQ and linear algebra.

So, as an engineer undergrad, I was all done with my math in one year.

And, the funny thing was, I got such satisfaction of my other friends not even knowing I was in the geek class.

It was awesome. LOL.

Forum List

Back