High school baseball game ends 82-0

If the winning team really wanted to stop it, they could have just intentionally struck out or something like that. I wonder why the losing coach didn't just forfeit when it got ridiculous? There's nothing wrong with a team losing, but 82-0 is just too far. :p

That's horseshit. When my son was playing, if we had a team in trouble, hitters were instructed to strike out. There is no purpose in extending games like that other than the ego of the winning coach.

And another thing, how many pitches did the losing pitcher throw? 150? 200? He gave up 92 hits. The winning coach and losing coach need to be reprimanded by the league. That's not baseball. Don't give me that "Oh I had my guys hitting 300 foot shots jogging to first". What an asshole.

"If God didn't want them sheared; he wouldn't have made them sheep" I'm practicing being a conservative; was that bloodthirsty enough to qualify?

Nah, seriously the 82-0 drubbing is all the fault of the winning coach. You can limit damage by striking out. I've tried hard to find the box score to see when the runs were scored and how many innings it went. No luck. It was something like 32-0 after 2 innings.

"If God didn't want them sheared; he wouldn't have made them sheep" I'm practicing being a conservative; was that bloodthirsty enough to qualify?

Nah, seriously the 82-0 drubbing is all the fault of the winning coach. You can limit damage by striking out. I've tried hard to find the box score to see when the runs were scored and how many innings it went. No luck. It was something like 32-0 after 2 innings.

The article mentioned the game going 8 innings. "Cristo Rey's pitcher gave up 92 hits and pitched all eight innings."

This is nuts!

Winning pitcher tossed a no-hitter and went 15-17 batting.

Losing pitcher tossed a complete game giving up 92 hits and his team committed 22 errors.

Coach of the winning team tried to stop game

High school baseball game ends with a score of 82-0, even though the winning coach tried to stop it

Listen, those poor losing baseball players may feel bad but they can still make the Major Leagues if they are willing to lower their self respect even further by joining the Reds.

The article mentioned the game going 8 innings. "Cristo Rey's pitcher gave up 92 hits and pitched all eight innings."
OK that is really bizarre, the high school mercy rule should have ending the game at 5 innings. If a team is down by 15 or more runs after 5 innings the game is over.

The winning coach should have instructed his players to purposely strike out or get out to end the game.

No call for this kind of score..............Not to mention the game should have been called.

Forum List

Back