Hi-tech dairies help Israeli cows produce twice as much milk as Australian cows

Drought in Africa is not assuaged by the US growing maize for fuel alcohol.

You still don't get it, do you? The population explosion is going to be the most dire thing in the future.

Read the series and maybe you will start understanding.

You still don't get it, do you? The population explosion is going to be the most dire thing in the future.

He can't fathom what will be ahead. With luck, I won't still be around to see it.

He can't fathom what will be ahead. With luck, I won't still be around to see it.

I know. He doesn't seem to realize that the food supply (no matter how much is being done to increase it) will not be able to keep up with the population explosion in the future. There will be just too many mouths to feed and not enough food.

In which case forcing dairy cattle into food production slavery is cruelty of the worst kind.

In which case forcing dairy cattle into food production slavery is cruelty of the worst kind.

>>Air conditioning for the cows, constant measuring of the quantity and quality of their milk, and even pedometers to judge if the animal is getting fidgety have led Israel to export its science and technique to 50 countries where farming is still more traditional.<<

That is not cruelty, that is pampering to their needs.

That is more like a cow spa than a farm.

You want to be a vegan, just do it, but I like my milk. If we don't take milk or meat from cows, why have them. Just get rid of 99% and see if the other 1% can live in the wild without grown feed and no one to care for them. All the cattle farms can be converted into housing or factories. No more leather, we will have to make do with chemical made fabrics instead, more big bad oil.

Babies will die for lack of nutrition or mother will have to be paid to stay home and nurse, if they can. Babies without mothers will have to be euthanized because there is no to feed them ............................

No cows, no sheep, no goats, no pigs, etc. Shame to get rid of all those animals, but we have no use for them as a food source.....
No, I think we should keep our cows for milk and meat and leather.

They have no need to be a milk factory.

Are you going to provided all the milk needs for babies, children and adults in the world without animals? Not everyone can consume bean or seed milks, they are also expensive to process. So how are you going to going to meet everyone's needs? What of the need for yogurt and cheese? I guess we all have to give up on ice cream, lattes and boba teas. No more smoothies, chocolate, puddings, cream sauces, real butter or new england clam chowder. No more cheese for pasta or pizza. No more cheese on sandwiches or for mac and cheese.

Female animals like cows and sheep are milk factories, that is the way god made them. They produce milk to feed their offspring. They continue to produce as long as they are milked regularly. They are in pain if they are not milk on time, much as women when their infants actually sleep long in the night or stop wanting to nurse.

What of pet food? Are they to do without meat?

If we don't need animals for food, when should we destroy them all? Do we bury them, cremate them? Let them rot and become feed for the wild animals? If we don't need animals for food then we don't need animals of any kind, we can just get rid of all animals in the world. Then we can get rid of all the fish. Then all the birds? What next the insects? Maybe we should just get rid of all mankind while we are at it since women produce and children need milk. Women are milk factories as well

8000 yrs of drinking or eating milk because you don't think cows should be milk factories. This because they should not have climate control shelters or indicators to tell us when they need exercise.

Lay off the BB3 and try ac/dc instead. Your head will be clearer.

I admire any cow which can produce large quantities of milk--------I failed. I hope Israel
shares this technology with the USA---I have
noticed that the price of milk and milk products in the USA has reached the point that kids
will probably get rickets

Are you going to provided all the milk needs for babies, children and adults in the world without animals?
I see you have resiled from the position that dairy cattle need to be a milk factory and moved to the position that humanity needs them to be a milk factory.

Are you going to provided all the milk needs for babies, children and adults in the world without animals?
I see you have resiled from the position that dairy cattle need to be a milk factory.

That is why milk cows are raised, to provide milk.
Without them or other animals, were would the milk come from for everyone's needs?

Without them or other animals, were would the milk come from for everyone's needs?
As I say, you now recognise the uninterrupted exploitation is not being done for the cows' needs.

I admire any cow which can produce large quantities of milk--------I failed.
I think you just needed to be kept permanently breast feeding in a cooled installation. That would have done the trick.

Not all women can nurse their children. Some infants even reject the taste or feel of the nipple. Some women just don't produce enough milk.

Frozen milk, that is collected, only last one year in the freezer and the texture is not as smooth as fresh breast milk.

Even women that do nurse might need to supplement the feeding with a bottle from time to time.

If a mother become sick or in need of surgery or extended health care, they cannot nurse their child. If there is an emergency or some delay in returning home on time the child might need to be bottle fed.

What is the birth involved complications and the child is too small to nurse or the mother needed surgery or died because of the birth. Who is going to proved milk for the infant?

What is there are multiple births, maybe the mother can not nurse the infants all at the same time and some might need to be bottle fed from time to time.

You will only get a few ounces of expressed milk at a time. Beyond the needs of the infant, women do not make good milk factories.

Women that produce too much milk can have extreme breast pain and develop debilitating deformity and back pain from the weight and size of the breasts, especially if they are small bones to begin with.

Ideally infants should be nursed for the first three months, but we do not live in an ideal world 24/365

I can't believe this has to be explained to anyone.

hummmm.jpg

As I say, you now recognise the uninterrupted exploitation is not being done for the cows' needs.

Cows provide milk, we provide care and feed for the cow as well as protection from predators.
Symbiotic relationships
It is not exploitation. Cow that get pampered produce more milk

Keeping dairy cows continually in production is exploitation. It never happens in nature.

Who is going to proved milk for the infant?
Other women, as it used to be done. Or dairy animals not exploited so ruthlessly.

[...] women do not make good milk factories.
That's only because they're not kept in the right scientifically designed conditions. I bet they could produce milk all the year round if put to it under a proper programme. Perhaps with appropriate cooling...

They have no need to be a milk factory.

Are you going to provided all the milk needs for babies, children and adults in the world without animals? Not everyone can consume bean or seed milks, they are also expensive to process. So how are you going to going to meet everyone's needs? What of the need for yogurt and cheese? I guess we all have to give up on ice cream, lattes and boba teas. No more smoothies, chocolate, puddings, cream sauces, real butter or new england clam chowder. No more cheese for pasta or pizza. No more cheese on sandwiches or for mac and cheese.

Female animals like cows and sheep are milk factories, that is the way god made them. They produce milk to feed their offspring. They continue to produce as long as they are milked regularly. They are in pain if they are not milk on time, much as women when their infants actually sleep long in the night or stop wanting to nurse.

What of pet food? Are they to do without meat?

If we don't need animals for food, when should we destroy them all? Do we bury them, cremate them? Let them rot and become feed for the wild animals? If we don't need animals for food then we don't need animals of any kind, we can just get rid of all animals in the world. Then we can get rid of all the fish. Then all the birds? What next the insects? Maybe we should just get rid of all mankind while we are at it since women produce and children need milk. Women are milk factories as well

8000 yrs of drinking or eating milk because you don't think cows should be milk factories. This because they should not have climate control shelters or indicators to tell us when they need exercise.

Lay off the BB3 and try ac/dc instead. Your head will be clearer.

As you can see, Aris, you are spinning your wheels with him. He will go on and on with this and has nothing else to contribute to this forum. Let him worry about the cows and you and I will worry about the human beings because we both realize what the enormous population explosion in the future means when there is not enough food for everyone. Why does he think the rich Arabs are buying fertile farm land? They are smarter than he is and are planning for what happens down the road.. Maybe he had a wet nurse as a child' however, he should look at some of the pictures of starving people in Somali and ask himself how such malnourished women as these can even have the milk to breast feed their infants.. Perhaps he can get a job in Japan massaging those Kobe beef cows and then moo, moo, moo them to sleep each night.

Apparently it will mean battery farming all animals without remorse. Good for productivity and profits I guess, in the short term at least.

But I'm a little curious. Either of you ever actually been on a dairy farm or in a milking shed? Touched a cow?

Last edited:
Apparently it will mean battery farming all animals without remorse. Good for productivity and profits I guess, in the short term at least.

But I'm a little curious. Either of you ever actually been on a dairy farm or in a milking shed? Touched a cow?

Forum List

Back