Hi - I'm Annie looking for smart people

Welcome. We have a lot of people here, of all stripes. Some smart, some not so smart, some bigots some not, some moderates, some not so moderate, some liberals, some conservatives, some with intellectual honesty and some not so much.

You're going to have to make your own call about who is what. But remember this, none of us is perfect. Sometimes a little slack is in order. And yes, there is an ignore button. My advice: don't use it. Everyone has a right to their opinion,even if it's really ridiculous.

Perhaps you are correct. While I fully agree everyone has a right to their opinion, and I would defend their right to state that opinion, it doesn't mean I want to waste my time with it.

I fully admit, I am one to block. Sometimes life is just too short. I like to read and learn, it's what I do for down time. To relax and kick back. Heck, I even read medical journals that do not relate to my field of medicine just because I like them. Nerdy, I know. But it's what I like.

Sooooo much to read and learn, soooo little time!

Welcome Annie,I won't comment re trolls but if you tire of Mexico or this USmessageboard,You would be Very Welcome here in Australia but remember the sign as you enter our wonderful country "NO BULL SHITTERS ALLOWED" I think you'd pass with flying colours,Australia Great one day,Brilliant the next..........but NO Bull:eusa_whistle:
theliq:cool:
Welcome. We have a lot of people here, of all stripes. Some smart, some not so smart, some bigots some not, some moderates, some not so moderate, some liberals, some conservatives, some with intellectual honesty and some not so much.

You're going to have to make your own call about who is what. But remember this, none of us is perfect. Sometimes a little slack is in order. And yes, there is an ignore button. My advice: don't use it. Everyone has a right to their opinion,even if it's really ridiculous.

Perhaps you are correct. While I fully agree everyone has a right to their opinion, and I would defend their right to state that opinion, it doesn't mean I want to waste my time with it.

I fully admit, I am one to block. Sometimes life is just too short. I like to read and learn, it's what I do for down time. To relax and kick back. Heck, I even read medical journals that do not relate to my field of medicine just because I like them. Nerdy, I know. But it's what I like.

Sooooo much to read and learn, soooo little time!

Hello all:

I am Annie. I am looking for a forum that isn't run by 12 y/o trolls. Finding such a political forum is no easy task.

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. I'm in medicine, private contractor, and that's all I can think of. Oh, I'm an independent.

Hope I like it here and I sincerely hope to meet new people.

Sorry... this board is filled with Republicans.

Hello all:

I am Annie. I am looking for a forum that isn't run by 12 y/o trolls. Finding such a political forum is no easy task.

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. I'm in medicine, private contractor, and that's all I can think of. Oh, I'm an independent.

How are you? welcome. hah you been to hotwire I take it..lol

Hello all:

Sorry... this board is filled with Republicans.

Good! I like repubs and dems. Everyone has something to offer.

Hello all:

How are you? welcome. hah you been to hotwire I take it..lol

No, answers.yahoo.com OMG!

Welcome Annie,im shure you will like it here :)

Thank you!

Hello all:

There are a few smart people here. Are you looking for smart on the left or the right?

Hello all:

There are a few smart people here. Are you looking for smart on the left or the right?

Both, honestly. I am socially liberal and financial conservative.

Being "socially liberal" is going to ruin your conservative finances.

Hello all:

Pleasure to meet you. I used to live on the beach in Las Playas Tijuana, back when it was clean(er) and safe(r).

This place is pretty nice. There are a few patterns that are noticeable.
1. If a thread starts with the word Lib, Libtards, Tea Baggers, NeoCons etc... it's usually pretty stupid out of the gate and isn't going to get any better.
2. The more intelligent threads can be interesting for a while but inevitibly, the folks who refer to others as Tea Baggers or Libtards start going at it and it's time to unsubscribe.
3. If you disagree with a Liberal, they will argue the points and may even call you stupid or something. If you disagree with a Conservative, they will immediately assume you are a Liberal (after all, who else would dare disagree with the self-righteous!) and label you as such. There are exceptions to both sides.
4. I never insult anyone unless thay have insulted me first. Which means I'll have fun with a lot of people because there are some real whackjobs who just can't argue a point or engage in a debate, without insulting others. I think it's because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. So either just ignore them, or poke some fun and keep your humor.
5. You have to work pretty hard at it to learn anything here but it happens. I've learned a LOT from the Tea Partiers and Libertarians of the non-whackjob variety and have changed some views accordingly. I've also learned a few things from the Liberals which would have never occured to me.
6. It's easy to tell the people worth talking with - see my signature below :)

Beinvenidos!

Hello all:

Modbert is a smart guy, he's liberal. Midcan is another intelligent poster.

For the right wingers, hmm. I'll get back to you.

Annie, Foxfyre...

Last edited:
Hello all:

Yeah, well you said you are an expat.

Being "socially liberal" is going to ruin your conservative finances.

Nahhh... I don't think so. It hasn't been true for me for the last 25-30 years. I'm pretty comfortable I'm on the right track. I've just never been one that can sit by and have someone dictate to me what I believe due to party affiliation, that always seemed like a weak position to me. Same holds true for religion.

Hello all:

Pleasure to meet you. I used to live on the beach in Las Playas Tijuana, back when it was clean(er) and safe(r).

You are absolutely right! TJ is no longer a fun place to go for the day. Not without a bullet proof vest and the rest of your body armor along with an armed body guard. I am told it is getting better but I'm not convinced enough to go there. :eusa_angel:

This place is pretty nice. There are a few patterns that are noticeable.
1. If a thread starts with the word Lib, Libtards, Tea Baggers, NeoCons etc... it's usually pretty stupid out of the gate and isn't going to get any better.
2. The more intelligent threads can be interesting for a while but inevitibly, the folks who refer to others as Tea Baggers or Libtards start going at it and it's time to unsubscribe.
3. If you disagree with a Liberal, they will argue the points and may even call you stupid or something. If you disagree with a Conservative, they will immediately assume you are a Liberal (after all, who else would dare disagree with the self-righteous!) and label you as such. There are exceptions to both sides.
4. I never insult anyone unless thay have insulted me first. Which means I'll have fun with a lot of people because there are some real whackjobs who just can't argue a point or engage in a debate, without insulting others. I think it's because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. So either just ignore them, or poke some fun and keep your humor.
5. You have to work pretty hard at it to learn anything here but it happens. I've learned a LOT from the Tea Partiers and Libertarians of the non-whackjob variety and have changed some views accordingly. I've also learned a few things from the Liberals which would have never occured to me.
6. It's easy to tell the people worth talking with - see my signature below :)

Beinvenidos!

Seems like sound board advice! Thank you! Your signature is on the money. When the feetie stomping starts, and the balling up of little fisties you know that tiny lip will begin to stick out as well. Then you know you have a point that cannot be refuted by that particular person.

Modbert is a smart guy, he's liberal. Midcan is another intelligent poster.

For the right wingers, hmm. I'll get back to you.

Annie, Foxfyre...

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to see if I can find a con I can like to add to your list. Extreme right wingers... not my cup of tea. We have to battle sometimes just like extreme lefties. Extremes just don't seem to have much room left for critical thinking. Wouldn't you agree?

Hello all:

Welcome. I'm a big fan of Zihuatanejo ...where you hangin out?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWU-SXcLPXI]james taylor - Mexico - Live - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back