Hi - I'm Annie looking for smart people

Hello all:

I am Annie. I am looking for a forum that isn't run by 12 y/o trolls. Finding such a political forum is no easy task.

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. I'm in medicine, private contractor, and that's all I can think of. Oh, I'm an independent.

Hope I like it here and I sincerely hope to meet new people.

Congratulations, you found me.

:lol: Great!

Smart people?

Here?

Well ...

Welcome nonetheless.

HA! Well, anything is better than Y/A!

Hello all:

I am Annie. I am looking for a forum that isn't run by 12 y/o trolls. Finding such a political forum is no easy task.

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. I'm in medicine, private contractor, and that's all I can think of. Oh, I'm an independent.

First, you must run 'The Gauntlet'.

What is the average land air speed velocity of a Mexican swallow?

Hello all:

And, what is the average land speed of a Mexican fleeing the Border Patrol?

Hello all:

Averaging the numbers and plugging them in to the Strouhal equation for cruising flight (fA/U = 7 beats per second * 0.18 meters per beat / 9.5 meters per second) yields a Strouhal number of roughly 0.13. :razz:

Toro is fairly smart too.
Quit lying to the Newby's, USC!:evil:

:cool:

Not nice, not nice at all! :tongue:

Hello all:

Unfair question.

Depends, what kind of shoes is he wearing, how many # of marijuana in his back pack and are we talking desert or cotton fields?

Hello all:

Averaging the numbers and plugging them in to the Strouhal equation for cruising flight (fA/U = 7 beats per second * 0.18 meters per beat / 9.5 meters per second) yields a Strouhal number of roughly 0.13. :razz:

Not nice, not nice at all! :tongue:

Unfair question.

Depends, what kind of shoes is he wearing, how many # of marijuana in his back pack and are we talking desert or cotton fields?
LMAO!:lol:

So, what area are you in?.......Dealing with any of the BS going on down there, being an RN and all?

The wife and I used to go down to Cabo every year or so, but don't even bother thinking about it any more......Just not worth the risk.

Hello all:

Good News: This place isn't "run" by 12 y/o trolls

Bad News: This place is filled with the little fuckers though

Hope ya stay anyway, because I'm interested to see if you have any luck finding these so-called "smart people".

:welcome:

So, what area are you in?.......Dealing with any of the BS going on down there, being an RN and all?

The wife and I used to go down to Cabo every year or so, but don't even bother thinking about it any more......Just not worth the risk.

Baja California but NOT even close to TJ. I actually live in an industrial/medical town.

You know, the BS really isn't all that bad here, not where I live. It's not the entire country that is bad, it's not even all border cities. It's specific cities. Tijuana, Juarez, Monterrey... really bad. I wouldn't go to any of those cities. The police run and hide in Monterrey (Not kidding, hid out for three days when the Monterrey leader of the Los Zetas was arrested.) but where I live it is very similar to Phoenix down to the weather and attitude of people. Well, kinda.

My neighbors are fantastic, matter of fact I have a damn MOUSE I can't kill. The fugly thing won't DIE! My neighbor just came over and put more 'stuff' down for him to eat. Either I have more than one or that is one mighty mouse. My neighbor is an exterminator, thankfully. They have really taken me under their wing, their 16 year old daughter is teaching me Spanish, I'm learning the language, the culture, the food, the politics... it's all good.

I'm learning Spanish through my neighbor and reading a political magazine here, Zeta. (Not related to Los Zetas, the cartel.) It's all very intriguing to me.

I am a nurse and for the sake of privacy all I'll say is that there are many Mexicans here with either money or fantastic insurance that cannot get medical procedures done in Mexico. Either there is no verrrry specialized equipment needed in their city or they just prefer to pay cash and have it done in the US. So, I find those people and find their US medical care.

Seriously, how many bigots are here? A minority or majority? I don't like illegals either but what people don't realize is that the majority of Mexico doesn't want to go to the US. They are well educated and working and doing well right where they are. The US is seriously undereducated as a whole, about countries outside of the US. :(

Well...if the replies here didn't put you off.....

1099834hix95m99ef.gif

Truly, there are some good folks here. Hope you'll stick around and get to know some of us!

Hello all:

Good News: This place isn't "run" by 12 y/o trolls

Bad News: This place is filled with the little fuckers though

Hope ya stay anyway, because I'm interested to see if you have any luck finding these so-called "smart people".

:welcome:

Well, YOU seem to be able to spell and you know what a troll is and you seem pretty realistic. This just might work!

Well...if the replies here didn't put you off.....

1099834hix95m99ef.gif

Truly, there are some good folks here. Hope you'll stick around and get to know some of us!

No, not at all. To be honest I intentionally put in my opening post that I am an American living in Mexico for a reason. See? Told you I am smart. It's a fast way to weed out the 12 y/o's.

Thank you for the welcome!

Last edited:

Baja California but NOT even close to TJ. I actually live in an industrial/medical town.

You know, the BS really isn't all that bad here, not where I live. It's not the entire country that is bad, it's not even all border cities. It's specific cities. Tijuana, Juarez, Monterrey... really bad. I wouldn't go to any of those cities. The police run and hide in Monterrey (Not kidding, hid out for three days when the Monterrey leader of the Los Zetas was arrested.) but where I live it is very similar to Phoenix down to the weather and attitude of people. Well, kinda.

My neighbors are fantastic, matter of fact I have a damn MOUSE I can't kill. The fugly thing won't DIE! My neighbor just came over and put more 'stuff' down for him to eat. Either I have more than one or that is one mighty mouse. My neighbor is an exterminator, thankfully. They have really taken me under their wing, their 16 year old daughter is teaching me Spanish, I'm learning the language, the culture, the food, the politics... it's all good.

I'm learning Spanish through my neighbor and reading a political magazine here, Zeta. (Not related to Los Zetas, the cartel.) It's all very intriguing to me.

I am a nurse and for the sake of privacy all I'll say is that there are many Mexicans here with either money or fantastic insurance that cannot get medical procedures done in Mexico. Either there is no verrrry specialized equipment needed in their city or they just prefer to pay cash and have it done in the US. So, I find those people and find their US medical care.

Seriously, how many bigots are here? A minority or majority? I don't like illegals either but what people don't realize is that the majority of Mexico doesn't want to go to the US. They are well educated and working and doing well right where they are. The US is seriously undereducated as a whole, about countries outside of the US. :(

So you specialize in abusing the US medical system for your own benefit. Nice.

Pretty judgemental for a troll. Ever wonder where all the money came from your "customers" spend? You belong in a jail.

So you specialize in abusing the US medical system for your own benefit. Nice.

Pretty judgemental for a troll. Ever wonder where all the money came from your "customers" spend? You belong in a jail.

Oh my goodness you really are a twatwaffle. These people bring cash money, pay cash dollars, and pay US citizens for US services boosting the US economy. Do you understand the significance of this in comparison to a US welfare person or an illegal?

Yes, I know full well where the money came from. Idiot Americans buying drugs and sending their money to Mexico. I'm getting it back.

Is there an ignore or block feature within this software? I really didn't come here to communicate with the idiots.

Last edited:

Right on.

We've got about five or six hardcore racists that spout off up here. They're harmless, and quite entertaining. We've got about three hardcore black racists. They too are harmless, and quite entertaining.

I'm against gay marriage, and feel it's a states issues, which causes a couple of the boards resident lesbians to accuse me of being a bigot. But then, I just throw up the definition of bigot and that usually shuts 'em up, when they see they are one in the same.

All in all, it's a cool board. You'll get a lot of good laughs up here, for many reasons. Some of these people are so stupid it's amazing. And then we have the hardcore Obamabots who are just going out of their minds these days. It's friggin' comical.

how do we know YOU aren't the troll

I'm the smart one.

Thank you!

Let's see, I bring Mexican dollars to the US. How many dollars do YOU bring back to the US?

I'm so sorry your family isn't better educated. Perhaps your next generation can do better. :tongue: As if it is anyones business, I am an RN, BSN as a matter of fact.

Many bigots here, sorry to see that. It's an embarrassment to the US.

Another embarrassment.

I chose both. I have a home in Phoenix and one in Mexico. You got a problem with that?

Yessssss, I'm seeing that already. Thank you *very* much for the warm welcome.

Welcome!....If you're looking for smart people, stay away from the lib's up here.

They're like one big rock collection occupying a single box.

Don't know yet who the libs and cons are but so far I'm only about 50% impressed with the intelligence level. Yes, I agree... some certainly do seem like the infamous rock collection you refer to. Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome, Annie We do have our share of idiots here and even a 12 year old troll called BDBoop. You'll get to know who they are soon enough. Don't get too harsh on the folks that dissed Mexico, there are a lot of amateur comedians here, some with no hope of going pro.

Last edited:

Right on.

We've got about five or six hardcore racists that spout off up here. They're harmless, and quite entertaining. We've got about three hardcore black racists. They too are harmless, and quite entertaining.

I'm against gay marriage, and feel it's a states issues, which causes a couple of the boards resident lesbians to accuse me of being a bigot. But then, I just throw up the definition of bigot and that usually shuts 'em up, when they see they are one in the same.

All in all, it's a cool board. You'll get a lot of good laughs up here, for many reasons. Some of these people are so stupid it's amazing. And then we have the hardcore Obamabots who are just going out of their minds these days. It's friggin' comical.

It's just really annoying to see such sheer ignorance. It goes to prove we rate what... #17 in education of all countries? It was never really embarrassing to me until I moved out of the country and experienced the US in a different way.

Welcome, Annie We do have our share of idiots here and even a 12 year old troll called BDBoop. You'll get to know who they are soon enough. Don't get too harsh on the folks that dissed Mexico, there are a lot of amateur comedians here, some with no hope of going pro.

Ahhhh, I see. Well, as I wrote above after experiencing the US from the other side of the border, sometimes it's just plain embarrassing. :laugh2:

Welcome. We have a lot of people here, of all stripes. Some smart, some not so smart, some bigots some not, some moderates, some not so moderate, some liberals, some conservatives, some with intellectual honesty and some not so much.

You're going to have to make your own call about who is what. But remember this, none of us is perfect. Sometimes a little slack is in order. And yes, there is an ignore button. My advice: don't use it. Everyone has a right to their opinion,even if it's really ridiculous.

Hi.

If that is your goal, disconnect your computer from the internet and go hang out in a library.

HA! I will consider your advice.

What is it about political forums that bring out the twatwaffle-ness of people? Seriously, some of these people really can't be that stupid, can they? While also knowing how to turn on a computer and breathe 16x a minute? All at the same time? Tell it it isn't so!

Forum List

Back