Hey...

Frank Apisa

Jul 30, 2016
...glad to be joining a new forum.

I've been participating in these things for the last two decades...discussing mostly politics, religion, and philosophy...the kind of stuff you are not supposed to discuss in non-cyber life.

I'm an Independent who champions a very progressive agenda.

I'm an agnostic who prefers not to use descriptors like "agnostic" except as a shortcut. My "agnosticism" is best expressed as...

I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods;
I do not know if there are no gods;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that they are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

Looking forward to discussions here.

:welcome:

upload_2016-7-30_8-0-39.png

There is one God how rules in universum and he is English or Jew what I wonder. Or there is only The Devil our God. The only how exist by good and evil or.

Morning Frank. I think you need to reevaluate your label of independent, because you sound incredibly liberal in your views. Not to worry, understanding your situation is the first step to recovery.

Oh goody, someone with more ideas do darn good, they have to be mandatory. Tells us, is there anything you support that doesn't require compulsory compliance? Not that you don't know what's best for everyone else, of course...

Morning Frank. I think you need to reevaluate your label of independent, because you sound incredibly liberal in your views. Not to worry, understanding your situation is the first step to recovery.

I am a registered Independent...so I am definitely an independent. I am NOT, nor have I suggested, that I am impartial...nor am I non-biased.

I champion a progressive agenda. I want the safety net programs now in place to be protected and expanded. (Greatly expanded!)

If you find it necessary to label me a "liberal" I will argue that I am not...but I will not take offense. If you label me an American conservative because I am close to them on certain issues...I will be extremely offended.

I sooner be know as a thief than an American conservative.

Oh goody, someone with more ideas do darn good, they have to be mandatory. Tells us, is there anything you support that doesn't require compulsory compliance? Not that you don't know what's best for everyone else, of course...

You sound stressed in that reply, Ef.

I support and champion a progressive agenda...because I realize the only way for the issues I want tended to will ever get a decent break...is if the federal government is the agency for it.

I am assuming you disagree.

I am a registered Independent...so I am definitely an independent. I am NOT, nor have I suggested, that I am impartial...nor am I non-biased.

I champion a progressive agenda. I want the safety net programs now in place to be protected and expanded. (Greatly expanded!)

If you find it necessary to label me a "liberal" I will argue that I am not...but I will not take offense. If you label me an American conservative because I am close to them on certain issues...I will be extremely offended.

I sooner be know as a thief than an American conservative.

Good start on the thief part. :thup:

You sound stressed in that reply, Ef.

I support and champion a progressive agenda...because I realize the only way for the issues I want tended to will ever get a decent break...is if the federal government is the agency for it.

I am assuming you disagree.

Anyone that isn't desperate to be told what to do disagrees

statism.preview.jpg

statism.preview.jpg

Oh, good grief. If I had known you speak for EVERYONE...I would never have replied to you.

Come to think of it...I seriously doubt you do speak for EVERYONE.

And..."being told what to do" (or what not to do)...is an essential and indispensable part of society and civilization. In fact, without a great deal of it...society and civilization COULD NOT EXIST.

You ought not to be so down on it, Ef.

statism.preview.jpg

Oh, good grief. If I had known you speak for EVERYONE...I would never have replied to you.

Come to think of it...I seriously doubt you do speak for EVERYONE.

And..."being told what to do" (or what not to do)...is an essential and indispensable part of society and civilization. In fact, without a great deal of it...society and civilization COULD NOT EXIST.

You ought not to be so down on it, Ef.

A logical fallacy from a Leftist, how shocking. No darling, I didn't say or imply I speak for anyone but me. You keep moving those goalposts though, works every time...

A logical fallacy from a Leftist, how shocking. No darling, I didn't say or imply I speak for anyone but me. You keep moving those goalposts though, works every time...

You wrote: "Anyone that isn't desperate to be told what to do disagrees."

That IS speaking for everyone.

If you have more to say about this political stuff...let's take it to a political thread. Give me a link...and I'll discuss anything with you.

Forum List

Back