Hey white racists, Please stop asking for reparations for the Civil War

Blacks in the US have the highest standard of living of any sizeable black population anywhere in the world. But that's not enough. They are determined to use the vote for more gibsmedats. So irresponsible. Democracy will not survive. We tried to make them equal citizens. They failed.

Because your ancestors in the north got them. And 95 years after the civil war ended, descendants of confederate soldiers got them. They got them from 1958 until 2017 for a war none of them were alive for, that none of them fought. They got monthly checks for a war their ancestors fought against the United States. For 33 years I paid my tax money to pay whites who descended from slaveowners and overseers.

U.S. Still Paying a Civil War Pension

The Civil War ended more than 150 years ago, but the U.S. government is still paying a veteran's pension from that conflict.

"One beneficiary from the Civil War [is] still alive and receiving benefits," Randy Noller of the Department of Veterans Affairs confirms.

152 Years Later, The VA Is Still Paying Out A Pension From The Civil War

Not until 1958, ninety-three years after the last shots of the Civil War, did Congress pardon Confederate soldiers and offer them every benefit Union soldiers had enjoyed since March 1865.

Caring for Veterans: The Civil War and the Present - The Journal of the Civil War Era

Northern soldiers had long received benefits.

So let's review:

Confederate veterans and families were also paid US tax dollars for veterans benefits long after the civil war was over and people who were not there or responsible for that war got paid. Descendants of civil wars vets, to include confederates, were paid money long after the war was over, a war they did not fight, paid for what generations before them did.

Stop asking for reparations for the civil war white racists. You already got them.
Too bad you didn't get any-don't worry neither did I-and I don't ask for any-I make my own way.

Do you three speak for all white people? And if so, then if I say all white people are racist, why would that make me a racist? I mean since I need to ask every black person do they feel as I do, why in the fuck do you 3 white people think you have something to say? Since I equal 5 people in regards to crime rates, then since there are only 3 of you, your opinion is outvoted. Nothing you 3 say has any truth validating it. Everything I say does.

case-for-reparations.png

Because your ancestors in the north got them. And 95 years after the civil war ended, descendants of confederate soldiers got them. They got them from 1958 until 2017 for a war none of them were alive for, that none of them fought. They got monthly checks for a war their ancestors fought against the United States. For 33 years I paid my tax money to pay whites who descended from slaveowners and overseers.

The Civil War ended more than 150 years ago, but the U.S. government is still paying a veteran's pension from that conflict.

"One beneficiary from the Civil War [is] still alive and receiving benefits," Randy Noller of the Department of Veterans Affairs confirms.

Not until 1958, ninety-three years after the last shots of the Civil War, did Congress pardon Confederate soldiers and offer them every benefit Union soldiers had enjoyed since March 1865.

Caring for Veterans: The Civil War and the Present - The Journal of the Civil War Era

So let's review:

Confederate veterans and families were also paid US tax dollars for veterans benefits long after the civil war was over and people who were not there or responsible for that war got paid. Descendants of civil wars vets, to include confederates, were paid money long after the war was over, a war they did not fight, paid for what generations before them did.

Stop asking for reparations for the civil war white racists. You already got them.
Too bad you didn't get any-don't worry neither did I-and I don't ask for any-I make my own way.

I don't have to worry, history shows me that you and those looking like you have been given everything you have because the government gave it to you.

But they got them

Yes, they got a pension, they didn't get reparations.

I posted the definition of reparations and that's what those civil war soldiers got.

I saw your lie the first time you posted it. No need to repeat yourself.

Now post the definition of military pension.

Yep, those pensions were paid to individual soldiers to offset the damages they suffered because of war. That's the same as reparations.

Pensions, not reparations.

Go ahead, post the definition of pension.

I'll be happy to explain the big words to you.

You post up what those pensions were paid for, not your opinion of why, and I'll explain how they are reparations since you really don't know what reparations are.

You post up what those pensions were paid for

Eligibility for Veterans Pension | Veterans Affairs

VA Survivors Pension | Veterans Affairs

Civil War Pensions

At the close of the Revolutionary War, the United States government began administering a limited pension system to soldiers wounded during active military service or veterans and their widows pleading dire Poverty. It was not until the 1830's and the advent of universal suffrage for white male and patronage democracy, however, that military pensions became available to all veterans or their widows. Despite these initial expansions, the early U.S. military pension system was minuscule compared to what it became as a result of the Civil War.

Beginning in 1861, the U.S. government generously attended to the need of its soldiers and sailors or their dependents. Because the Federal government did not implement conscription until 1863, these first Civil War benefits in many ways were an attempt to induce men to volunteer. Although altered somewhat over the years, the 1862 statute remained the foundation of the Federal pension system until the 1890s. It stipulated that only those soldiers whose disability was "incurred as a direct consequence of . . . Military duty" or developed after combat "from causes which can be directly traced to injuries received or diseases contacted while in military service" could collect pension benefits. The amount of each pension depended upon the veteran's military rank and level of disability. Pensions given to widows, orphans, and other dependents of deceased soldiers were always figured at the rate of total disability according to the military rank of their deceased husband or father. By 1873 widows could also receive extra benefits for each dependent child in their care.

In 1890 the most notable revision in the Federal pension law occurred: the Dependent Pension Act. A result of the intense lobbying effort of the veterans' organization, the Grand Army of the Republic, this statute removed the link between pensions and service-related injuries, allowing any veteran who had served honorably to qualify for a pension if at some time he became disabled for manual labor. By 1906 old age alone became sufficient justification to receive a pension.

At the same time that pension requirements were becoming more liberal, several Southern congressmen attempted to open up the Federal system to Confederate veterans. Proponents justified such a move by noting that Southerners had contributed to Federal pensions through indirect taxes since the end of the war. These proposals met with mixed responses in both North and the South, but overwhelmingly, opposition came from those financially comfortable Confederate veterans and southern politicians who regarded such dependency on Federal assistance a dishonor t the Lost Cause. It should be noted that impoverished Southern veterans frequently were not averse to the prospect of receiving Federal pensions. In any event, no such law ever passed, and Confederate veterans and their widows never matriculated into the Federal pension system.

Although U.S. Civil War veterans had received pensions since 1862 and Southern state governments had provided their veterans with artificial limbs and veteran retirement homes since the end of the war, it was not until the 1880s and early 1890s that the elevens states of the former Confederacy enacted what can accurately be called pension systems. The economic devastation of he war and the political upheaval of Reconstruction best explain this long delay. When Southern pension systems did finally emerge, they generally resembled the pre-1890 U.S. system: eligibility depended upon service-related disability or death and indigence, and widows as well as other dependents of deceased soldiers could receive pensions. Despite these similarities, however, there were striking differences. First, in the South widows collected pensions set at a specific rate for widows of deceased soldiers. These rates were generally lower than those to which their husbands would have been entitled should they have survived. Under the Federal system, there was no separate category for widows. Second, most Southern pension laws determined stipend amounts based only on the degree of disability. No regard was given to military rank. Third, there was never a Confederate equivalent to the 1890 U.S. Dependent Act. Although over time Confederate pension requirements became more liberalized, there was always an income and poverty limit-pensions were never given simply for service. Fourth, whereas indirect taxes funded Federal pensions, most Southern states financed their pension through a direct tax. And fifth, because Southern pension systems were on the state level only, they varied as to method and amount and were much less financially generous than U.S. pensions. Though the individual pensions of Southerners were minuscule compared to those of Federal veterans and war widows, as a percentage of state expenditures, Southern pension expenditures were monumental. Of all the former Confederate states, Georgia generally spent the most per year on pensions, Alabama ran a close second.

Both the Federal government and Southern state governments continued to provide pensions for Civil War veterans and their widows well into the middle of the twentieth century. In all, billions of dollars were expended by both sides in an effort to "reward" the survivors of America's costliest war. Because of the high rates of expansion in both the Federal and Confederate systems, critics frequently accused pensioners and officials alike of corruption and fraud. Those pensioners most often labeled as frauds were widows, especially young women who had married veterans much older than themselves, supposed "cowards," and, in the Federal system, black veterans. By the mid-twentieth century, both systems were generally considered devoid of original integrity.

Source: "Encyclopedia of the American Civil War" edited by David S. Heidler and Jeanne T. Heidler, article by Jennifer L. Gross

Civil War Pensions

And those are reparations.

The various forms of reparation law and their scope and content, covering both monetary and non-monetary reparations, may be summarized in its five forms consists restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction and guarantees of non-repetition. Reparation shall render justice by removing or redressing the consequences of the wrongful acts and by preventing and deterring violations.

The five forms of reparations are explained here below namely (1) restitution, (2) compensation, (3) rehabilitation, (4) satisfaction and (5) guarantees of non-repetition.

Restitution
Restitution
(2) refers to measures which “restore the victim to the original situation before the gross violations of international human rights law and serious violations of international humanitarian law occurred” (principle 19). Examples of restitution include: restoration of liberty, enjoyment of human rights, identity, family life and citizenship, return to one’s place of residence, restoration of employment and return of property.

Civil War pensions qualify as restitution.

Compensation
Compensation
(2) should be provided for any economically assessable damage, as appropriate and proportional to the gravity of the violation and the circumstances of each case (principle 20). The damage giving rise to compensation may result from physical or mental harm; lost opportunities, including employment, education and social benefits; moral damage; costs required for legal or expert assistance, medicine and medical services, and psychological and social services.

When compensation is not fully available from the offender or other sources, States should endeavour to provide financial compensation to:

( a ) Victims who have sustained significant bodily injury or impairment of physical or mental health as a result of serious crimes;
( b ) The family, in particular dependants of persons who have died or become physically or mentally incapacitated as a result of such victimization.

Civil War pensions qualify as compensation and the compensation met criteria a & b.

Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation includes medical and psychological care, as well as legal and social services

Civil War pensions included rehabilitation.

Satisfaction
Satisfaction includes a broad range of measures, including verification of the facts and full and public disclosure of the truth; an official declaration or a judicial decision restoring the dignity, the reputation and the rights of the victim i.e., the search for the disappeared, the recovery and the reburial of remains, public apologies, judicial and administrative sanctions, commemoration, and human rights training.

Civil War pensions met this criteria.

Guarantees of non-repetition
Guarantees of non-repetition comprise broad structural measures of a policy nature such as institutional reforms aiming at civilian control over military and security forces, strengthening judicial independence, the protection of human rights defenders, the promotion of human rights standards in public service, law enforcement, the media, industry and psychological and social services.

Civil War pensions were part of this criteria.

You need to know the rules before you start making declarations. You apparently don't know what reparations , meaning you don't know the categories, criteria or laws pertaining to them.

Reparations, Restitution, Compensation, Rehabilitation, Satisfaction, Guarantees of Non-repetition, Justice for Victims

Reparation shall render justice by removing or redressing the consequences of the wrongful acts and by preventing and deterring violations.

And that's why pensions don't fit these definitions.

Glad you could finally admit your error.

So let's review:

I don't have to worry, history shows me that you and those looking like you have been given everything you have because the government gave it to you.
Wrong as usual. Until you know the background of someone you can't assume things like that. Makes one wonder what other things you assume and present as facts.

Cherokee Nation v. United States, 270 U.S. 476 (1926)
270 U.S. 476 (46 S.Ct. 428, 70 L.Ed. 694)

No. 198.

Argued: March 8, 1926.

Decided: April 12, 1926.

CHEROKEE NATION v. UNITED STATES.

United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980)
United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians

No. 79-639

Argued March 24, 1980

Decided June 30, 1980

United States Court of Appeals,District of Columbia Circuit.
Elouise Pepion COBELL, et al., Appellants/Cross-Appellees v. Kenneth Lee SALAZAR, Secretary of the Interior, et al., Appellees/Cross-Appellants.

No. 08-5500, 08-5506.
Decided: July 24, 2009

FindLaw's United States DC Circuit case and opinions.

In all cases reparations were awarded. In the last 2 cases reparations were awarded over 100 years after the initial wrong was committed by people who had nothing to do with it, to people who were not alive when the initial wrong was committed.

You guys have no argument and stamping your feet yelling you'll never get any money and all the other childish shit you try is not an argument, nor does it change the decisions made in these cases.

th

th

So let's review:

Wrong as usual. Until you know the background of someone you can't assume things like that. Makes one wonder what other things you assume and present as facts.

I'm not assuming anything. You are just too dumb to understand how laws and policies made in this country have allowed whites to gain what they have.

Yep, those pensions were paid to individual soldiers to offset the damages they suffered because of war. That's the same as reparations.

You post up what those pensions were paid for, not your opinion of why, and I'll explain how they are reparations since you really don't know what reparations are.

Civil War Pensions

At the close of the Revolutionary War, the United States government began administering a limited pension system to soldiers wounded during active military service or veterans and their widows pleading dire Poverty. It was not until the 1830's and the advent of universal suffrage for white male and patronage democracy, however, that military pensions became available to all veterans or their widows. Despite these initial expansions, the early U.S. military pension system was minuscule compared to what it became as a result of the Civil War.

Beginning in 1861, the U.S. government generously attended to the need of its soldiers and sailors or their dependents. Because the Federal government did not implement conscription until 1863, these first Civil War benefits in many ways were an attempt to induce men to volunteer. Although altered somewhat over the years, the 1862 statute remained the foundation of the Federal pension system until the 1890s. It stipulated that only those soldiers whose disability was "incurred as a direct consequence of . . . Military duty" or developed after combat "from causes which can be directly traced to injuries received or diseases contacted while in military service" could collect pension benefits. The amount of each pension depended upon the veteran's military rank and level of disability. Pensions given to widows, orphans, and other dependents of deceased soldiers were always figured at the rate of total disability according to the military rank of their deceased husband or father. By 1873 widows could also receive extra benefits for each dependent child in their care.

In 1890 the most notable revision in the Federal pension law occurred: the Dependent Pension Act. A result of the intense lobbying effort of the veterans' organization, the Grand Army of the Republic, this statute removed the link between pensions and service-related injuries, allowing any veteran who had served honorably to qualify for a pension if at some time he became disabled for manual labor. By 1906 old age alone became sufficient justification to receive a pension.

At the same time that pension requirements were becoming more liberal, several Southern congressmen attempted to open up the Federal system to Confederate veterans. Proponents justified such a move by noting that Southerners had contributed to Federal pensions through indirect taxes since the end of the war. These proposals met with mixed responses in both North and the South, but overwhelmingly, opposition came from those financially comfortable Confederate veterans and southern politicians who regarded such dependency on Federal assistance a dishonor t the Lost Cause. It should be noted that impoverished Southern veterans frequently were not averse to the prospect of receiving Federal pensions. In any event, no such law ever passed, and Confederate veterans and their widows never matriculated into the Federal pension system.

Although U.S. Civil War veterans had received pensions since 1862 and Southern state governments had provided their veterans with artificial limbs and veteran retirement homes since the end of the war, it was not until the 1880s and early 1890s that the elevens states of the former Confederacy enacted what can accurately be called pension systems. The economic devastation of he war and the political upheaval of Reconstruction best explain this long delay. When Southern pension systems did finally emerge, they generally resembled the pre-1890 U.S. system: eligibility depended upon service-related disability or death and indigence, and widows as well as other dependents of deceased soldiers could receive pensions. Despite these similarities, however, there were striking differences. First, in the South widows collected pensions set at a specific rate for widows of deceased soldiers. These rates were generally lower than those to which their husbands would have been entitled should they have survived. Under the Federal system, there was no separate category for widows. Second, most Southern pension laws determined stipend amounts based only on the degree of disability. No regard was given to military rank. Third, there was never a Confederate equivalent to the 1890 U.S. Dependent Act. Although over time Confederate pension requirements became more liberalized, there was always an income and poverty limit-pensions were never given simply for service. Fourth, whereas indirect taxes funded Federal pensions, most Southern states financed their pension through a direct tax. And fifth, because Southern pension systems were on the state level only, they varied as to method and amount and were much less financially generous than U.S. pensions. Though the individual pensions of Southerners were minuscule compared to those of Federal veterans and war widows, as a percentage of state expenditures, Southern pension expenditures were monumental. Of all the former Confederate states, Georgia generally spent the most per year on pensions, Alabama ran a close second.

Both the Federal government and Southern state governments continued to provide pensions for Civil War veterans and their widows well into the middle of the twentieth century. In all, billions of dollars were expended by both sides in an effort to "reward" the survivors of America's costliest war. Because of the high rates of expansion in both the Federal and Confederate systems, critics frequently accused pensioners and officials alike of corruption and fraud. Those pensioners most often labeled as frauds were widows, especially young women who had married veterans much older than themselves, supposed "cowards," and, in the Federal system, black veterans. By the mid-twentieth century, both systems were generally considered devoid of original integrity.

Source: "Encyclopedia of the American Civil War" edited by David S. Heidler and Jeanne T. Heidler, article by Jennifer L. Gross

Civil War Pensions

The various forms of reparation law and their scope and content, covering both monetary and non-monetary reparations, may be summarized in its five forms consists restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction and guarantees of non-repetition. Reparation shall render justice by removing or redressing the consequences of the wrongful acts and by preventing and deterring violations.

The five forms of reparations are explained here below namely (1) restitution, (2) compensation, (3) rehabilitation, (4) satisfaction and (5) guarantees of non-repetition.

Restitution
Restitution
(2) refers to measures which “restore the victim to the original situation before the gross violations of international human rights law and serious violations of international humanitarian law occurred” (principle 19). Examples of restitution include: restoration of liberty, enjoyment of human rights, identity, family life and citizenship, return to one’s place of residence, restoration of employment and return of property.

Compensation
Compensation
(2) should be provided for any economically assessable damage, as appropriate and proportional to the gravity of the violation and the circumstances of each case (principle 20). The damage giving rise to compensation may result from physical or mental harm; lost opportunities, including employment, education and social benefits; moral damage; costs required for legal or expert assistance, medicine and medical services, and psychological and social services.

When compensation is not fully available from the offender or other sources, States should endeavour to provide financial compensation to:

( a ) Victims who have sustained significant bodily injury or impairment of physical or mental health as a result of serious crimes;
( b ) The family, in particular dependants of persons who have died or become physically or mentally incapacitated as a result of such victimization.

Civil War pensions qualify as compensation and the compensation met criteria a & b.

Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation includes medical and psychological care, as well as legal and social services

Satisfaction
Satisfaction includes a broad range of measures, including verification of the facts and full and public disclosure of the truth; an official declaration or a judicial decision restoring the dignity, the reputation and the rights of the victim i.e., the search for the disappeared, the recovery and the reburial of remains, public apologies, judicial and administrative sanctions, commemoration, and human rights training.

Guarantees of non-repetition comprise broad structural measures of a policy nature such as institutional reforms aiming at civilian control over military and security forces, strengthening judicial independence, the protection of human rights defenders, the promotion of human rights standards in public service, law enforcement, the media, industry and psychological and social services.

You need to know the rules before you start making declarations. You apparently don't know what reparations , meaning you don't know the categories, criteria or laws pertaining to them.

Reparations, Restitution, Compensation, Rehabilitation, Satisfaction, Guarantees of Non-repetition, Justice for Victims

Reparation shall render justice by removing or redressing the consequences of the wrongful acts and by preventing and deterring violations.

The civil war pensions do.

So let's review:

Another IM2 post seeking a handout.

Civil War Pensions

Civil War Pensions

Restitution
Restitution

Compensation
Compensation

Rehabilitation

Satisfaction

The civil war pensions do.

What wrongful acts were prevented or deterred by those pensions?

Cherokee Nation v. United States, 270 U.S. 476 (1926)
270 U.S. 476 (46 S.Ct. 428, 70 L.Ed. 694)

No. 198.

Argued: March 8, 1926.

Decided: April 12, 1926.

CHEROKEE NATION v. UNITED STATES.

United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians

No. 79-639

Argued March 24, 1980

Decided June 30, 1980

United States Court of Appeals,District of Columbia Circuit.
Elouise Pepion COBELL, et al., Appellants/Cross-Appellees v. Kenneth Lee SALAZAR, Secretary of the Interior, et al., Appellees/Cross-Appellants.

No. 08-5500, 08-5506.
Decided: July 24, 2009

FindLaw's United States DC Circuit case and opinions.

In all cases reparations were awarded. In the last 2 cases reparations were awarded over 100 years after the initial wrong was committed by people who had nothing to do with it, to people who were not alive when the initial wrong was committed.

You guys have no argument and stamping your feet yelling you'll never get any money and all the other childish shit you try is not an argument, nor does it change the decisions made in these cases.

th

th
I go to the Indian casinos and enjoy them and enjoy supporting the people in the tribe who benefit. In Connecticut, a primarily black tribe applied and was denied-I guess you guys are NOT getting any reparations. Better luck getting more affirmative inaction.

So let's review:

I'm not assuming anything. You are just too dumb to understand how laws and policies made in this country have allowed whites to gain what they have.
Most whites would say you and yours have been given more than you earned or deserve. I say you got exactly what you deserve.

case-for-reparations.png

Two hundred fifty years of slavery, ninety years of Jim Crow, sixty years of separate but equal, thirty five years of racist housing policy yet blacks STILL support the Party of Planned Parenthood (aka black eugenics), the KKK, Jim Crow, segregation, FDR, Wilson and LBJ - some of the most racists Presidents ever - all because LBJ replaced the black male head of household with government goodies.

Do you realize the union government stole property from the plantation owners at the end of the Civil War?

So let's review:

Most whites would say you and yours have been given more than you earned or deserve. I say you got exactly what you deserve.

Most whites don't say that. Only you delusional racist retards do.

Forum List

Back