Hey Seattle! How’s that $15 an Hour Minimum Wage Law Working Out For Ya?

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Proving once again, FREE SHIT is WORTH MORE than MAKING MORE MONEY BUT losing the FREEBIES!!!...Thank you NeoCommies for PROVING THE POINT!

pjmedia.com ^ | 7/25/2015 | Rick Moran
The first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

• Banned
TTT...just because it's a well founded story, and shows how fucked up this MANDATED CHANGE in what a person can make, actually hurts the lower class by taking away the INCENTIVE to do better!....Fucking DemocRATS!

Proving once again, FREE SHIT is WORTH MORE than MAKING MORE MONEY BUT losing the FREEBIES!!!...Thank you NeoCommies for PROVING THE POINT!

The first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

Actually it's working very, very well.

You're going to have to present some honest facts with honest proof of what you claim.

I live in that area.

The unemployment rate is only 4%. Way below the national average.

There's HELP WANTED and NOW HIRING signs everywhere. Those who want a job can find one easily. The standard of living is higher than the national average so is the median income.

So now that you all can't claim that higher wages destroys jobs you're now saying that people want to stay on food stamps and welfare.

Which is such a crock of garbage that anyone with a working brain can see it.

If someone wants food stamps all the have to do is not work. These are people who are already working and want to support themselves.

Keep up the stupid lies. Meanwhile Washington state is reaping a lot of benefits from our higher wages.

As long as it doesn't become a federal law, then utopia islands like Seattle and San Francisco are not a big problem.

If it goes national, then you'll see much more automation which of course will result in fewer entry level jobs.
You'll also see inflation rise.

What this is really all about is getting higher wages for union jobs. Blue collar workers who have been in the workforce for many years are going to demand higher pay scales for their jobs as they see entry level pay rise. In time, we'll be right back where we are now. You'll have a higher wage but prices will reflect your pay across the board.

Hey Vigilante, Its great. I have several relatives in that area that has been doing businesses since 80s. Two of them own a restaurant in Seattle. One of them is a seafood rest. along Alaskan way.
Your post is just a BULL SHIT and flatly anti min. wage increase.
I made several calls since Friday regarding this garbage and all of them laugh at me. Yes there is wage increases but not auto $15. Maybe you are not aware that this is incremental.

• Banned

You're going to have to present some honest facts with honest proof of what you claim.

I live in that area.

There's HELP WANTED and NOW HIRING signs everywhere. Those who want a job can find one easily. The standard of living is higher than the national average so is the median income.

So now that you all can't claim that higher wages destroys jobs you're now saying that people want to stay on food stamps and welfare.

If someone wants food stamps all the have to do is not work. These are people who are already working and want to support themselves.

Keep up the stupid lies. Meanwhile Washington state is reaping a lot of benefits from our higher wages.

You continue to lie, get caught in it, and STILL continue to lie! Liberals NEVER tell the truth, especially this dumbass!

Seattle Sees Unexpected Fallout from 15 Per Hour Min. Wage

• Banned

Hey Vigilante, Its great. I have several relatives in that area that has been doing businesses since 80s. Two of them own a restaurant in Seattle. One of them is a seafood rest. along Alaskan way.
I made several calls since Friday regarding this garbage and all of them laugh at me. Yes there is wage increases but not auto $15. Maybe you are not aware that this is incremental.

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

I live in that area.

He showed you evidence dip shit, now it's your turn.

It's not rocket science, kiddies...if your wages go up then you very well may not qualify for the same level of subsidies under ObamaCare. That "free" health care that you WERE getting? If you no longer qualify for food stamps then you're probably not going to qualify for the big subsidy on your healthcare either.

Hey Seattle! How’s that $15 an Hour Minimum Wage Law Working Out For Ya?

It's KICKING THEIR ASS!

Seattle is getting killed by the law they set upon themselves.

The cost of doing business has gone up, thus the cost of goods and services has gone up, causing people to put off purchases, repairs... causing fewer clients, reducing cash flow, in the face of rising costs.

That is what HAD TO HAPPEN, thus... that IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

It's not like there was an alternative.

"Minimum Wage Hikes Result in McDonalds Closing Doors. We Told You…"

"The left has been pushing a minimum wage increase, mainly because telling voters “we’re going to give you more money” is easier than teaching them about economics and/or reality. If a leftist wants to be particularly panderific, they specify a wage hike on fast food workers, with McDonalds as their most popular whipping post.

The same McDonalds which just announced their WORST financial outlook in 12 years.

Some 29 franchisees, who collectively own and operate 208 McDonald’s restaurants in the United States, were asked to give their six-month forecast from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent). The average response was 1.69, the lowest in the survey’s 12-year history.

Previously, the lowest rating was 1.81, which was recorded three months ago."

Read more: McDonalds minimum wage hike We told you

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

The people that are writing these are against minimum wage hike. Period. They've been posting this kind of shit way at the start. I can tell you that 99% of business owners hate this kind of mandate. Have you considered maybe people that are posting these are business owners?
Vig. as I mentioned I have several relatives but not all of them work for these 2restaurants. Rest works for others like T-Mobile, Nordstrom, kineta. Omeros, Theo etc. etc....I also mentioned I made several calls since Friday regarding this post and all of them laugh at me.

The people that are writing these are against minimum wage hike. Period. They've been posting this kind of shit way at the start. I can tell you that 99% of business owners hate this kind of mandate. Have you considered maybe people that are posting these are business owners?
Vig. as I mentioned I have several relatives but not all of them work for these 2restaurants. Rest works for others like T-Mobile, Nordstrom, kineta. Omeros, Theo etc. etc....I also mentioned I made several calls since Friday regarding this post and all of them laugh at me.

Then there are an awful lot of reports about it from different sectors, a vast majority says Seattle will suffer... here, read for yourself!

seattle losing business because of minimum wage - Bing

"Minimum Wage Hikes Result in McDonalds Closing Doors. We Told You…"

"The left has been pushing a minimum wage increase, mainly because telling voters “we’re going to give you more money” is easier than teaching them about economics and/or reality. If a leftist wants to be particularly panderific, they specify a wage hike on fast food workers, with McDonalds as their most popular whipping post.

The same McDonalds which just announced their WORST financial outlook in 12 years.

Some 29 franchisees, who collectively own and operate 208 McDonald’s restaurants in the United States, were asked to give their six-month forecast from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent). The average response was 1.69, the lowest in the survey’s 12-year history.

Previously, the lowest rating was 1.81, which was recorded three months ago."

Read more: McDonalds minimum wage hike We told you

McDonald's was already in trouble even before this min. wage increase. Several stores in California already closed last year and this year. CALIFORNIA HAVE NOT INCREASE THE MIN. WAGE YET.
Sales in Europe and Asia is also down. Did they have minimum wage increase? I don't know anybody that own McDonald's in Seattle but I know a few in California and Miami.

Then there are an awful lot of reports about it from different sectors, a vast majority says Seattle will suffer... here, read for yourself!

Read your link Vig the "incremental" increase started April 1, 2015 and it is not automatically $15. Meaning these stores were already in trouble before this wage increase came about.

Read your link Vig the "incremental" increase started April 1, 2015 and it is not automatically $15. Meaning these stores were already in trouble before this wage increase came about.

BUT, YOU don't think it will get worse, as they DO come about?

From your link, some decided to close their stores even before April 1/15. Eateries like any other businesses some make it some don't.
I don't think it will get worse. Read Dana post there are lots of sign posted on windows looking for helper. Unemployment is what 4%?
In my case. Like most of business owners I do not support this mandate minimum wage increase but we give yearly increases according to their performance. I don't have that much employees under $14 and most works at the warehouse. However this mandate is a good justification for me to increase my prices across the board. [emoji3]

From your link, some decided to close their stores even before April 1/15. Eateries like any other businesses some make it some don't.
I don't think it will get worse. Read Dana post there are lots of sign posted on windows looking for helper. Unemployment is what 4%?
In my case. Like most of business owners I do not support this mandate minimum wage increase but we give yearly increases according to their performance. I don't have that much employees under $14 and most works at the warehouse. However this mandate is a good justification for me to increase my prices across the board. [emoji3]
You have a product that isn't made in some other state that will now price you out of competition with your increase price to the public?

Vigilante...here is the actual story linked at Breitbart...it is even worse than they show....

Seattle sees fallout from 15 minimum wage - FOX 35 News Orlando

At the same time, prices appear to be going up on just about everything.

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages. And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income. Workers in the back of the kitchen, such as dishwashers and cooks, are getting paid more, but servers who rely on tips are seeing a pay cut.

Forum List

Back