Hey Seattle! How’s that $15 an Hour Minimum Wage Law Working Out For Ya?

"Minimum Wage Hikes Result in McDonalds Closing Doors. We Told You…"

"The left has been pushing a minimum wage increase, mainly because telling voters “we’re going to give you more money” is easier than teaching them about economics and/or reality. If a leftist wants to be particularly panderific, they specify a wage hike on fast food workers, with McDonalds as their most popular whipping post.

The same McDonalds which just announced their WORST financial outlook in 12 years.

Some 29 franchisees, who collectively own and operate 208 McDonald’s restaurants in the United States, were asked to give their six-month forecast from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent). The average response was 1.69, the lowest in the survey’s 12-year history.

Previously, the lowest rating was 1.81, which was recorded three months ago."

Read more: McDonalds minimum wage hike We told you

Also...unions pushed it...why....they want to get into the fast food restaurants......I was listening to Red Eye radio and they said the Unions want an exemption in the New York minimum wage law.....why? So they can go to businesses and say.."If you go union, we will let you pay our workers less." And then the unions get more dues........

Proving once again, FREE SHIT is WORTH MORE than MAKING MORE MONEY BUT losing the FREEBIES!!!...Thank you NeoCommies for PROVING THE POINT!

pjmedia.com ^ | 7/25/2015 | Rick MoranThe first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

Every state should reflect the its cost of living....NY being one of the most expensive states to dwell, should be at 15 an hour or higher, when the average rent is in the thousands...come on, get a grip. As for those wanting to remain on public assistance...that is up to the city to decide.

30 million and counting people in this country and a hand full of welfare kings and queens does not a movement make, duh

Proving once again, FREE SHIT is WORTH MORE than MAKING MORE MONEY BUT losing the FREEBIES!!!...Thank you NeoCommies for PROVING THE POINT!

pjmedia.com ^ | 7/25/2015 | Rick Moran
The first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

Hey Vigilante, Its great. I have several relatives in that area that has been doing businesses since 80s. Two of them own a restaurant in Seattle. One of them is a seafood rest. along Alaskan way.
Your post is just a BULL SHIT and flatly anti min. wage increase.
I made several calls since Friday regarding this garbage and all of them laugh at me. Yes there is wage increases but not auto $15. Maybe you are not aware that this is incremental.

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

Vigilante...here is the actual story linked at Breitbart...it is even worse than they show....

Seattle sees fallout from 15 minimum wage - FOX 35 News Orlando

At the same time, prices appear to be going up on just about everything.

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages. And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income. Workers in the back of the kitchen, such as dishwashers and cooks, are getting paid more, but servers who rely on tips are seeing a pay cut.

From Fox News LOL. All of that came from anti min. wage increase. Read your link. Did it mentioned any particular place or restaurant? All of it just BS.
You know what. From your last paragraph. Name me a single restaurant that has this problem and I will have someone check this out in Seattle. RIGHT NOW.

The first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

Hey Vigilante, Its great. I have several relatives in that area that has been doing businesses since 80s. Two of them own a restaurant in Seattle. One of them is a seafood rest. along Alaskan way.
I made several calls since Friday regarding this garbage and all of them laugh at me. Yes there is wage increases but not auto $15. Maybe you are not aware that this is incremental.

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

Vigilante...here is the actual story linked at Breitbart...it is even worse than they show....

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages. And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income. Workers in the back of the kitchen, such as dishwashers and cooks, are getting paid more, but servers who rely on tips are seeing a pay cut.

From Fox News LOL. All of that came from anti min. wage increase. Read your link. Did it mentioned any particular place or restaurant? All of it just BS.
You know what. From your last paragraph. Name me a single restaurant that has this problem and I will have someone check this out in Seattle. RIGHT NOW.

You tell us that our links are BS but YOU have sources....I call BULLSHIT!

See how that works!

IT'S HORRIBLE HERE IN SEATTLE. !!!!!

People have stopped eating fast food. All the pizza shops have closed down. Mickey Dee's and Burger King...Jack in the Box....all gone.

It's a fast food waste land.

All on a count of higher minimum wages.

Please someone !!!!! Help us!!!!

Send Seattle your un used pizzas and burgers oh ya and fries.

We can buy our own soft drinks.

Thank you.

What a moron, you will have someone check this out? Lmao

8G1pTkk.png

Thank you for making sense, with this morons

As long as it doesn't become a federal law, then utopia islands like Seattle and San Francisco are not a big problem.

If it goes national, then you'll see much more automation which of course will result in fewer entry level jobs.
You'll also see inflation rise.

What this is really all about is getting higher wages for union jobs. Blue collar workers who have been in the workforce for many years are going to demand higher pay scales for their jobs as they see entry level pay rise. In time, we'll be right back where we are now. You'll have a higher wage but prices will reflect your pay across the board.
Right! Nothing speeds up economic growth faster than wage suppression! Once workers get the idea that a job with a good wage is within reach, they naturally stop working!

Such is the Conservative view of labor. Not families, but merely a commodity to serve those who own the means of production.

As long as it doesn't become a federal law, then utopia islands like Seattle and San Francisco are not a big problem.

If it goes national, then you'll see much more automation which of course will result in fewer entry level jobs.

What this is really all about is getting higher wages for union jobs. Blue collar workers who have been in the workforce for many years are going to demand higher pay scales for their jobs as they see entry level pay rise. In time, we'll be right back where we are now. You'll have a higher wage but prices will reflect your pay across the board.
Right! Nothing speeds up economic growth faster than wage suppression! Once workers get the idea that a job with a good wage is within reach, they naturally stop working!

Such is the Conservative view of labor. Not families, but merely a commodity to serve those who own the means of production.

Yes....I think the 16 year old scooping my ice cream deserves not only a living wage, but a home, a car, a vacation home, and his own private jet..............

Minimum wage is what you get for your first job as a teenager.....then you get experience for your real, future job.......now...you never get that first job.......you cost too much to hire...check out teenage unemployment...especially minority teenagers.....yeah, the democrat party...helping minorities stay on welfare for the next 200 years...thanks LBJ....

And to put the argument back on where we had it...and not where the left has taken it.....

The Rumpus Over Seattle s 15 Minimum Wage And Restaurant Closures - Forbes

The most significant piece of the pushback comes from the Seattle Times who were kind enough to point out their piece to me:

As it stands now, the claim that these restaurants closed over the minimum-wage issue is false.

That is, they went and asked the owners of the restaurants that closed whether they had done so over the minimum wage and got the answer “No”. This isn’t, however, quite as much of a gotcha as one might think. Simply because the original article (as the Seattle Times itself points out) did not claim that these specific restaurants had closed as a result of the minimum wage. Rather, it used the fact that the restaurants were closing as a lead in to a discussion of the effects that a rise in the minimum wage would have. Which is also what I did, my major statement being this:

Please do note though what is the prediction. Not that there’s going to be a wiping out of employment opportunities, nor that the economy of Seattle is going to become a howling wasteland. Rather, that less human labor will be employed at $15 an hour than would have been employed if the minimum wage had not risen to that amount.

The Seattle Times, in that gotcha piece, actually tells us that this will be so as well:

When it comes to the impact the $15 wage will have on restaurants, University of Washington researchers, University of California, Berkeley, researchers and an owner of seven local Subways agree that restaurants will have to raise their prices about 4 to 5 percent — meaning an additional nickel per dollar on Seattle restaurant checks.

I would also agree with this:

Now, I’m not denying that some people will benefit from the higher minimum wage. Those who keep their jobs and hours will do so, at least marginally. And tax-payers will have a lower tax credit bill. But these gains come at a cost – of lower hours and jobs for some of the low-paid, and lower profits for many small businesses.

There’s no such thing as a free lunch. To pretend otherwise is either dishonest or economic illiteracy.

Did those specific Seattle restaurants close because of the minimum wage rise? No, and neither I nor the original source said they did. We do have some evidence that there are fewer restaurant jobs in that area at about the time that the minimum wage rise loomed over the horizon, this evidence is disputed. And we have a general agreement that minimum wage rises do cause the loss of jobs.

Last edited:

Yes....I think the 16 year old scooping my ice cream deserves not only a living wage, but a home, a car, a vacation home, and his own private jet..............

Minimum wage is what you get for your first job as a teenager.....then you get experience for your real, future job.......now...you never get that first job.......you cost too much to hire...check out teenage unemployment...especially minority teenagers.....yeah, the democrat party...helping minorities stay on welfare for the next 200 years...thanks LBJ....
If the minimum wage for workers doing 30 hours a week or greater was raised, you could afford to keep the teenagers wages suppressed.

You tell us that our links are BS but YOU have sources....I call BULLSHIT!

See how that works!

Yes your links are BULLSHIT. From your links give me one specific restaurant that has this kind of problem. Your link is blank. No meat. An anti wages like you believed that. I said give me one example. And I will have someone INVESTIGATED BY THE CITY. I'm waiting.

Last edited:

People have stopped eating fast food. All the pizza shops have closed down. Mickey Dee's and Burger King...Jack in the Box....all gone.

Thank you.

Same here in California. We have not raise the minimum wage yet.

Thank you.

From my list. Can you pinpoint which Burger King that closed in Seattle because of minimum wage?

N. Sunset Blvd Renton, 4th St SW, 116th ave NE, Aurora N. Seattle, 15th ave northeast Seattle, 4th ave S. Seattle, Rainier S. Seattle.

Thank you.

Jack in the Box. Tell me which of these JIB closedown because of min. wage increase.

NE 4th st, Gateway shopping center, Bothell way NE, W. Valley Hwy, 114th st, Bellevue way SE, NE 116th st, Renton shopping center, 1st ave. S, Interurban ave. S, Lake city way NE, SW 128th st, Rainier Ave, aurora ave s, university way NE, 1st Ave. S, SW Admiral way, NW Leary Ave, 4th Ave. S.

Thank you for making sense, with this morons
Why ? Because I'm insulting your knowledge.

What a moron, you will have someone check this out? Lmao

Instead of giving me brainless bear anecdote. Why don't you give me a shot and I will prove it to you shithead.

Actually it's working very, very well.

You're going to have to present some honest facts with honest proof of what you claim.

I live in that area.

The unemployment rate is only 4%. Way below the national average.

There's HELP WANTED and NOW HIRING signs everywhere. Those who want a job can find one easily. The standard of living is higher than the national average so is the median income.

So now that you all can't claim that higher wages destroys jobs you're now saying that people want to stay on food stamps and welfare.

Which is such a crock of garbage that anyone with a working brain can see it.

If someone wants food stamps all the have to do is not work. These are people who are already working and want to support themselves.

Keep up the stupid lies. Meanwhile Washington state is reaping a lot of benefits from our higher wages.

He showed you evidence dip shit, now it's your turn.

From Breitbart, no doubt. LOL!

Forum List

Back