Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

Let's hear your rebuttal to THIS!!!!!!

Dodd facing fresh political firestorm

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) looks like he may be facing a fresh political firestorm.

Dodd just admitted on CNN that he inserted a loophole in the stimulus legislation that allowed million-dollar bonuses to insurance giant AIG to go forward – after previously denying any involvement in writing the controversial provision. .

“We wrote the language in the bill, the deal with bonuses, golden parachutes, excessive executive compensation that was adopted unanimously by the United States Senate in the stimulus bill,” Dodd told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer this afternoon.

“But for that language, there would have been no language to deal with this at all.”

Dodd had previously said that he played no role in writing the controversial language, and was not a part of the conference committee that inserted the language in the bill. As late as today, Dodd’s spokeswoman denied the senator’s involvement.

The AIG bonuses have caused a political firestorm, with Republicans and Democrats alike looking to lay blame for who’s responsible, and leading lawmakers looking to revoke the bonuses.

Dodd’s role in the legislation will likely come up as he faces the likelihood of a tough re-election. Former GOP congressman Rob Simmons announced he was running this week, and has already taken issue with Dodd’s stewardship as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

I'd say that doesn't look good for Dodd in light of all the denying he and his spokespeople have been doing. I'm curious to see that entire interview.

here's alink to the video

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) looks like he may be facing a fresh political firestorm.

Dodd just admitted on CNN that he inserted a loophole in the stimulus legislation that allowed million-dollar bonuses to insurance giant AIG to go forward – after previously denying any involvement in writing the controversial provision. .

“We wrote the language in the bill, the deal with bonuses, golden parachutes, excessive executive compensation that was adopted unanimously by the United States Senate in the stimulus bill,” Dodd told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer this afternoon.

“But for that language, there would have been no language to deal with this at all.”

Dodd had previously said that he played no role in writing the controversial language, and was not a part of the conference committee that inserted the language in the bill. As late as today, Dodd’s spokeswoman denied the senator’s involvement.

The AIG bonuses have caused a political firestorm, with Republicans and Democrats alike looking to lay blame for who’s responsible, and leading lawmakers looking to revoke the bonuses.

Dodd’s role in the legislation will likely come up as he faces the likelihood of a tough re-election. Former GOP congressman Rob Simmons announced he was running this week, and has already taken issue with Dodd’s stewardship as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

I'd say that doesn't look good for Dodd in light of all the denying he and his spokespeople have been doing. I'm curious to see that entire interview.

This isn't going to look good for Dodd, or Obama

Or bobo.

Should we take bets as to if he is going to post in this thread anymore?

here's alink to the video

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Thx for the link, del. I'll give it a watch at work later tonight.

I must admit to a small measure of satisfaction from this.

Should I expect an apology from Bobo for the rather aggressive and unbecoming things he said about me?

BREAKING: I was responsible for bonus loophole, says Dodd

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Senate Banking committee Chairman Christopher Dodd told CNN’s Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer Wednesday that he was responsible for adding the bonus loophole into the stimulus package that permitted AIG and other companies that received bailout funds to pay bonuses.

Watch: I'm responsible for bonus loophole, Dodd says

On Tuesday, Dodd denied to CNN that he had anything to do with the adding of that provision.

I wonder how much the Financial industry contributed to Dodd's last campaign or how much they pledged for the next one. Paybacks are not always a bitch, now are they?

Immie

It should be noted that while Dodd is admitting to being responsible for the amendment protecting AIG, he is still pointing the finger at Treasury and then by default, the Obama administration, as being the ones who insisted on that change.

Dodd lied.

One must assume then, so too did Obama.

This plot is an ever thickening pool of corruption and political double-speak.

My oh my....

Sen. Dodd Admits Adding Bonus Provision to Stimulus Package - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

P.S. While all of this mess is unfolding, the President of the United States is a guest on Jay Leno...

Last edited:

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Senate Banking committee Chairman Christopher Dodd told CNN’s Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer Wednesday that he was responsible for adding the bonus loophole into the stimulus package that permitted AIG and other companies that received bailout funds to pay bonuses.

On Tuesday, Dodd denied to CNN that he had anything to do with the adding of that provision.

I wonder how much the Financial industry contributed to Dodd's last campaign or how much they pledged for the next one. Paybacks are not always a bitch, now are they?

Immie

hint:

Will Obama, Dodd Return AIG Donations?

Here's the list of top AIG recipients for the 2008 campaign:

1. Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., $103,100
2. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., $101,332
3. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., $59,499
4. Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., $35,965

5. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., $24,750
6. Former Gov. Mitt Romney, (R) Pres $20,850
7. Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., $19,975
8. Rep. John Larson, D-Conn, $19,750
9. Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., $18,500
10. Former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R) Pres $13,200
11. Rep. Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa., $12,000
12. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., $11,000

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures

Someone had to take the gaff for this, after folks in the media didn't buy Dodd's first lie, that his amendment had "teeth" to stop the bonuses until some unnamed person he claimed, "watered it down."

Problem was as it turns out, there wasn't an anonymous waterer. It was a weak lie and insulted the usually lapdog media.

So what we have now is a push, with Dodd basically blaming Geithner and by proxy, Obama... And Obama able to pretty much stay silent about it now. It's Dodd's name on the amendment.

Worse than this is, the calls for death and/or suicide of AIG employees who took the bonuses, and the rush to abuse power by certain members of Congress wanting to tax the bonuses 100%. (One said she wished she could make it 1000%!!!) Which reveals what they truly believe taxes are, punishment instead of a revenue raising tool.

They're also ALL guilty of false outrage. Most of them knew about this a month ago. Their silly theatricks™ remind me of "I feel your pain" false platitudes.

It's not going over well with the folks, but not to worry, Obamaphiles will let this roll off them like water off a duck's back.

Immie

hint:

Will Obama, Dodd Return AIG Donations?

Here's the list of top AIG recipients for the 2008 campaign:

1. Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., $103,100
2. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., $101,332
3. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., $59,499
4. Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., $35,965

5. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., $24,750
6. Former Gov. Mitt Romney, (R) Pres $20,850
7. Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., $19,975
8. Rep. John Larson, D-Conn, $19,750
9. Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., $18,500
10. Former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R) Pres $13,200
11. Rep. Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa., $12,000
12. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., $11,000

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures

so let's see timmy and co.....let bear sterns tank....leahman tank.....then goldman is in a meeting with timmy and co and they get bailout money and all their competition is gone....and then aig gets a "loan" then gets reclasified as a "bank" and gets tarp funds......

ya this doesn't smell......

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR!

For Bush or Cheney?

Uh... Pogue... A Special Prosecutor INVESTIGATES the issue... and typically reports his finding to the Justice Department or Congress, whoever enables his office.

Therefore the Special Prosecutor would investigate the issue of how the US ended up having to give away 2 trillion dollars for incomperhensible malfeseance...

What such a prosecution will find is that the ideological left in the US legislature abused the public trust and the power inherent in their office, in coercing the US financial markets to advance their subversive ideology; costing the international finacial markets and citizens of the US TENS OF TRILLIONS IN CAPITAL VALUE... I personally witnessed Bawney Fwank and Maxine Waters derailing attempts by the Bush administration and the regulators of the Qausi-governmental mortgage 'companies' Freddy and Fannie... And I well recall Bawney Fwank being interviewed YEARS AGO, threatening to sue the Key Financial Institutions on Civil Right violations if they did not lower their standards and start lending to underqualified applicants.

Forum List

Back