Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

well, so far, it looks like Fox News reported it correctly
in spite of bobo's moronic rants

The link in the OP says that Dodd's amendment was changed by a conference committee, not Dodd, and adopted in the final bill. The links they provided match their story. It looks legit to me.

In this case, I'd say Fox isn't reporting the whole story.

Does that Olberman site have any claims of Olberman lies on it that you can find?

The first thing I saw was a link to a newsbusters piece about Oblermann echoing Hersh's Cheney Assassination squad story which, as far as I know, hasn't been proven legit. While that might not be the same as flat out lying, I still wouldn't call it hard hitting, honest journalism.

I will say that's a pretty lame site and they could do better than that.

I mean geez, Olbermann is just another blowhard. I wouldn't lay any bets that he's immune from omitting, spinning, or running with a story without the facts in order to further his own agenda.

well, so far, it looks like Fox News reported it correctly
in spite of bobo's moronic rants

The link in the OP says that Dodd's amendment was changed by a conference committee, not Dodd, and adopted in the final bill. The links they provided match their story. It looks legit to me.

yet CNN is reporting that he was part of the "LEADERSHIP" that was in on any changes made

It doesn't excuse Fox's omission but got a link?

Does that Olberman site have any claims of Olberman lies on it that you can find?

The first thing I saw was a link to a newsbusters piece about Oblermann echoing Hersh's Cheney Assassination squad story which, as far as I know, hasn't been proven legit. While that might not be the same as flat out lying, I still wouldn't call it hard hitting, honest journalism.

I mean geez, Olbermann is just another blowhard. I wouldn't lay any bets that he's immune from omitting, spinning, or running with a story without the facts in order to further his own agenda.

He is reporting what Hersh said , how is that a lie?

Where is it on the page , every time I link it the majority of the page is blank?

yet CNN is reporting that he was part of the "LEADERSHIP" that was in on any changes made

It doesn't excuse Fox's omission but got a link?
it was posted earlier in this thread

that site might point out some crap on Olbermann, but on the whole, i bet its no more reliable than mediamatters

its when you concentrait on finding faults in any one source that blinds to to the facts
thats why i dont trust mediamatters and i know they stretch the truth

Where is it on the page , every time I link it the majority of the page is blank?

Ya' otta' try watching him on MSNBC...he's on the same time that O'Reilly is on. You just might get a taste of what he's all about.

most likely, a PEBCAK problem

I'm not saying it was a lie just unsubstantiated speculation unless the story has been proven true. If you can't report it as truth then what is it doing on the show? It's less than honest if you ask me.

The page is raw and lame but it opened up fine for me. It's not blank. The Hersh link was on the left of the page under the mini-blog section.

I see where you got it ,on the side right above all the comments from posters.

He reported what Hersh said.

No other attempts to document any lies Olberman siad that I can see on the site.

Per usual its nothing but bullshit from the right.

Media matters documents the lies and this site gives nothing but spin.

I see where you got it ,on the side right above all the comments from posters.

He reported what Hersh said.

No other attempts to document any lies Olberman siad that I can see on the site.

Per usual its nothing but bullshit from the right.

Media matters documents the lies and this site gives nothing but spin.

You need to try and live up to your "handle". Olbermann did the same thing that Rather did...just throw it out there and see if it sticks. Yeah, that's not a lie. Just typical diversion from the left. Apparently, you wouldn't know the truth or a lie if it slapped you in the face.

FOX NEWS, is breaking the story, with VIDEO of Dodd admitting he wrote the legislature that provided for the AIG Bonuses, where he finishes by saying that he really had no idea what it was...

This issue needs only two words to straighten it out:

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR!

Last edited:
BREAKING: I was responsible for bonus loophole, says Dodd

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Senate Banking committee Chairman Christopher Dodd told CNN’s Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer Wednesday that he was responsible for adding the bonus loophole into the stimulus package that permitted AIG and other companies that received bailout funds to pay bonuses.

Watch: I'm responsible for bonus loophole, Dodd says

On Tuesday, Dodd denied to CNN that he had anything to do with the adding of that provision.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - BREAKING: I was responsible for bonus loophole, says Dodd « - Blogs from CNN.com

Let's hear your rebuttal to THIS!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090318/pl_politico/30833

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) looks like he may be facing a fresh political firestorm.

Dodd just admitted on CNN that he inserted a loophole in the stimulus legislation that allowed million-dollar bonuses to insurance giant AIG to go forward – after previously denying any involvement in writing the controversial provision. .

“We wrote the language in the bill, the deal with bonuses, golden parachutes, excessive executive compensation that was adopted unanimously by the United States Senate in the stimulus bill,” Dodd told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer this afternoon.

“But for that language, there would have been no language to deal with this at all.”

Dodd had previously said that he played no role in writing the controversial language, and was not a part of the conference committee that inserted the language in the bill. As late as today, Dodd’s spokeswoman denied the senator’s involvement.

The AIG bonuses have caused a political firestorm, with Republicans and Democrats alike looking to lay blame for who’s responsible, and leading lawmakers looking to revoke the bonuses.

Dodd’s role in the legislation will likely come up as he faces the likelihood of a tough re-election. Former GOP congressman Rob Simmons announced he was running this week, and has already taken issue with Dodd’s stewardship as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

Last edited:
BREAKING: I was responsible for bonus loophole, says Dodd

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Senate Banking committee Chairman Christopher Dodd told CNN’s Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer Wednesday that he was responsible for adding the bonus loophole into the stimulus package that permitted AIG and other companies that received bailout funds to pay bonuses.

Watch: I'm responsible for bonus loophole, Dodd says

On Tuesday, Dodd denied to CNN that he had anything to do with the adding of that provision.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - BREAKING: I was responsible for bonus loophole, says Dodd « - Blogs from CNN.com
I'm just shocked! Not.

i say every senator that voted for this should simply give back they salary and all their perks ....appologize and resign.......it is only fair that they lead by example and do what they are asking others to do.....they failed us same as the ceo's......

Forum List

Back