Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Summary: Fox News' Sean Hannity repeated the false claim that an amendment Sen. Chris Dodd added to the recovery bill "protected" AIG bonuses. Fox & Friends' Steve Doocy further advanced this falsehood by asserting that Dodd "inserted into the stimulus package specific language that kept these bonuses in." In fact, the relevant provision in the recovery act, which was based on an amendment by Dodd, actually restricted the ability of companies receiving funds under the act to award bonuses; it did not create a right for executives at AIG -- or anywhere else -- to receive bonuses.

Media Matters - Fox's Hannity, Doocy repeated falsehood that Dodd to blame for AIG bonuses

Dodd's amendment as introduced directed the Treasury secretary to require each Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) recipient to "meet appropriate standards for executive compensation and corporate governance": "a prohibition on such TARP recipient paying or accruing any bonus, retention award, or incentive compensation during the period that the obligation is outstanding to at least the 25 most highly-compensated employees, or such higher number as the Secretary may determine is in the public interest with respect to any TARP recipient."

The Senate adopted Dodd's amendment by voice vote. Subsequently, the conference committee assigned to work out the differences between the Senate version of the recovery bill and the House version -- included Dodd's amendment "with several modifications" in its version of the bill. Among those modifications, the bill adopted by the conference committee included the following language:

The prohibition required under clause (i) shall not be construed to prohibit any bonus payment required to be paid pursuant to a written employment contract executed on or before February 11, 2009, as such valid employment contracts are determined by the Secretary [of the Treasury] or the designee of the Secretary.

And so far Rush, Fox and Drudge have lied about this.

As Media Matters for America documented, Fox News' Trace Gallagher and conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh have also misrepresented Dodd's amendment.

Summary: Fox News' Sean Hannity repeated the false claim that an amendment Sen. Chris Dodd added to the recovery bill "protected" AIG bonuses. Fox & Friends' Steve Doocy further advanced this falsehood by asserting that Dodd "inserted into the stimulus package specific language that kept these bonuses in." In fact, the relevant provision in the recovery act, which was based on an amendment by Dodd, actually restricted the ability of companies receiving funds under the act to award bonuses; it did not create a right for executives at AIG -- or anywhere else -- to receive bonuses.

Media Matters - Fox's Hannity, Doocy repeated falsehood that Dodd to blame for AIG bonuses

I was watching F&F this morning when Doocy said that . . . and I yelled at the tv because it was wrong. Do this mean that they're right-wing-nut-job-bad-guys? No. It means they got it wrong.

I was watching F&F this morning when Doocy said that . . . and I yelled at the tv because it was wrong. Do this mean that they're right-wing-nut-job-bad-guys? No. It means they got it wrong.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would believe they didn't bend the facts on purpose.

And so Rush and Drudge made a mistake too?

Sort of like how Fox got the 2000 election wrong too. OOPS!!!

8 years later......

And have you been watching Glen Beck? Of course he's a right wing nut job.

But Fox is trying to pass him off as a libertarian.

anyone who doiesnt realize they are right wing douchebags is blind

Wow, now there's a well thought-out response! :cuckoo:

How else can we tell you that you are blind and/or out of your mind?

People like you think MSNBC and CNN are liberal stations, when they are not, but you can't see that Fox is slanted?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys play dumb or are really this clueless.

Fox did this on purpose. If you read the Media Matters story, it is clear that Fox purposely twisted the facts.

If not, they need to get out of journalism.

Actually, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves news. They should call themselves Right Wing TV.

People like you think MSNBC and CNN are liberal stations, when they are not, but you can't see that Fox is slanted?

Fox did this on purpose. If you read the Media Matters story, it is clear that Fox purposely twisted the facts.

Actually, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves news. They should call themselves Right Wing TV.

Really, that's what I think? I guess that's why I watch Lou Dobbs and Campbell Brown and AC.

bobo, mediamatters is a leftwing lie factory

Really, that's what I think? I guess that's why I watch Lou Dobbs and Campbell Brown and AC.

Maybe because you don't watch fox, you don't know they lie. Sorry.

A judge even ruled that they are allowed to lie.

11. The Media Can Legally Lie | Project Censored

They document their claims at media matters.

They provide the clips and the proof that what whoever said was wrong.

You have been lapping up the right wing pallum so long you cant even make a fair judgement anymore.

You have been lapping up the right wing pallum so long you cant even make a fair judgement anymore.
except the stuff they link doesnt back what they claim
they LIE

and you have been fed the shit from the liberal trough so long you dont know what the truth is

You have 24 hours to show us any examples. Have a good night.

I'm going to have a much better drive home today. Last night I was furious with Chris Dodd.

Last time I ever listen to you hacks.

Not zoomboom, or whatever her name is. She seems credible and honest.

they LIE

and you have been fed the shit from the liberal trough so long you dont know what the truth is

The liberal trough?

wow what a well though out post.

they document , you lick Mann Cultwhores ass to find out what to think next.

You have 24 hours to show us any examples. Have a good night.

I'm going to have a much better drive home today. Last night I was furious with Chris Dodd.

Last time I ever listen to you hacks.

Not zoomboom, or whatever her name is. She seems credible and honest.
Dodd is responsible for his amendment

they LIE

The liberal trough?

wow what a well though out post.

they document , you lick Mann Cultwhores ass to find out what to think next.
fuck off bitch
you are a fucking moron that doesnt know shit

Maybe because you don't watch fox, you don't know they lie. Sorry.

A judge even ruled that they are allowed to lie.

11. The Media Can Legally Lie | Project Censored

Thank God for that because Keith Olbermann would be serving life in prison. :razz:

Forum List

Back