Hey righties -where does the Constitution say anything about the olympics?

342 million..

Lets see how much was the stimulus that was WASTED? how many billions have been given to Obama's visions of green energy and they went BANKRUP?

but hey, you on the left should write your congresscrittes and tell them no more funding for the Olympics..:eusa_clap:

I'm not comparing them you illiterate. I'm asking where does the Constitution authorize Mitt Romney to spend hundreds of millions of the taxpayer's money on the Olympics.

He got it from Congress who approved it you moron try using your brain for something other than separating ears.

So Congress can just spend money on whatever they like?

We are over 15 trillion dollars in debt what do you think?

Romney Olympic success required federal payout | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well?

Stupid question, from an idiot poster. In so many words, the Constitution says that Congress raises taxes and spends the money, which they did in this case. Romney lobbied for the money and got it, but it was not his decision, it was theirs. It is Congress who is responsible, not Romney.

If you wanna take issue with that, fine by me. But the '92 Games were in serious trouble then, what would you have done? Let the whole thing fail?

Not sure what the composition of Congress, both Houses, was in 1992. I suspect at least the House of Reps was dem-controlled, and that means they are as culpable as anybody.

Geez dude, is this the best you can do? Lame, man.

So the Congress can spend money on whatever they like?

Pretty much, yeah. As long as the Pres doesn't veto it. It's up to us to vote the bastards out if they don't spend our money wisely, which over the past 10-12 years they haven't been doing. Actually longer than that.

Romney, who is now visiting the opening of the London Olympics, subsequently registered as a lobbyist for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee and secured $342 million in direct funding from the federal government and another $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.

Well?

According to your article much funding was for security because of the post 9-11 problems and some went to infrastructure.

Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson, a Democrat who worked with Romney to secure the federal funding, said security was a serious concern in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

"This was the largest public event in this country since 9/11 and we wanted to make sure things went along smoothly," Anderson told MSNBC. The funding also helped the city pay to build highways and a light-rail line.

Romney, who is now visiting the opening of the London Olympics, subsequently registered as a lobbyist for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee and secured $342 million in direct funding from the federal government and another $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.

www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-olympic-success-required-federal-payout/article/2503281

Well?

Wow, Id say this is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, but sadly it's not. where in the Constitution does it probit the Olympics? I'd much rather use the money for the Olympics, then say the NEA. And if you want to ditch discretionary spending, I can drop the Olympics.

342 million..

Lets see how much was the stimulus that was WASTED? how many billions have been given to Obama's visions of green energy and they went BANKRUP?

but hey, you on the left should write your congresscrittes and tell them no more funding for the Olympics..:eusa_clap:

Ahh - so its OK to waste a little bit of the taxpayers money, right? Or do you have to be Mitt Romney as well?

Stupid question, from an idiot poster. In so many words, the Constitution says that Congress raises taxes and spends the money, which they did in this case. Romney lobbied for the money and got it, but it was not his decision, it was theirs. It is Congress who is responsible, not Romney.

If you wanna take issue with that, fine by me. But the '92 Games were in serious trouble then, what would you have done? Let the whole thing fail?

Not sure what the composition of Congress, both Houses, was in 1992. I suspect at least the House of Reps was dem-controlled, and that means they are as culpable as anybody.

Geez dude, is this the best you can do? Lame, man.

Pretty much, yeah. As long as the Pres doesn't veto it. It's up to us to vote the bastards out if they don't spend our money wisely, which over the past 10-12 years they haven't been doing. Actually longer than that.

Very true.....and since most people (except you) like the Olympics, we're ok with it.

www.washingtonexaminer.com/romney-olympic-success-required-federal-payout/article/2503281

Well?

Wow, Id say this is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, but sadly it's not. where in the Constitution does it probit the Olympics? I'd much rather use the money for the Olympics, then say the NEA. And if you want to ditch discretionary spending, I can drop the Olympics.

It doesn't. I asked where the Constitution gives Congress the authority to spend money on the Olympics. Which of the 18 enumerated powers allows them to do this?

It says in the Constitution that we have the right to free speech. Which means YOU can say the stupidest things you can think of, and I can't stop you.

Thanks for answering a question I didn't ask.

Now please tell me by what Constitutional authority Romney was able to spend my money on the Olympics?

Thanks!

Why don't you ask your congressman. Romney did not approve it, he just ask and it was given. Don't tell me you wouldn't have taken the money. Again I say just ask your congressman, they approve the spending.

So he didn't do it on his own?

CaféAuLait;5704444 said:

Well?

According to your article much funding was for security because of the post 9-11 problems and some went to infrastructure.

Former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson, a Democrat who worked with Romney to secure the federal funding, said security was a serious concern in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

"This was the largest public event in this country since 9/11 and we wanted to make sure things went along smoothly," Anderson told MSNBC. The funding also helped the city pay to build highways and a light-rail line.

Oh, well I guess than answers the question. Obviously the government can spend money on security for any purpose they like - unless of course its the President's security while he's on vacation - fuck him!

well well, right after I posted I ran across THIS

SNIP:
President Obama repays donors in tax dollars
By: Reince Priebus
July 27, 2012 04:42 AM EDT

The Obama administration regularly congratulates itself for being the “most transparent administration ever.” The “most transparently political administration” would be more like it.

President Barack Obama, since taking officer, has showered his donors and allies with billions in federal dollars. A steady stream of grants and loans flows from the administration to Obama’s political cronies. And taxpayers foot the bill.

Energy investor Steve Westly is one such fundraiser who benefited royally. He bundled more than a half-million dollars for Obama’s 2008 campaign. Westly later won an appointment to the energy secretary’s advisory board. He chaired a board subcommittee on energy efficient building materials.

Conveniently, Westly’s investment firm invested heavily in firms that specialized in such products. Overall, Westly’s firms received more than $500 million from the Obama administration. That’s an awful lot of conflicts of interest for just one man.

Westly is not the only Obama fundraiser to be rewarded with plum appointments, insider access and taxpayer dollars. A 2011 investigation found that nearly 200 of Obama’s biggest political donors received jobs, advisory posts or federal contracts. The Washington Post reported earlier this year, “$3.9 billion in federal grants and financing flowed to 21 companies backed by firms with connections to five Obama administration staffers and advisers.”

Crony capitalism is common practice in the Obama administration. Solyndra was backed by an Obama donor and fundraiser and then received a half-billion dollar taxpayer loan. The company went bankrupt, had to lay off 1,800 workers and shut its doors.

Obama treats taxpayer money as his personal piggy bank — using government checks as multimillion-dollar thank you notes to campaign donors. Taxpayers get nothing in return. Factories close. Jobs go overseas. The unemployment rate remains painfully high. Government debt stands at over $15.8 trillion.

Obama’s allies win. American workers lose.

Americans expect the president to do the people’s business, to put the country’s interests before personal interests. But when billions of dollars are squandered for the benefit of a privileged few, the president is certainly not fulfilling his duty.

all of it at
President Obama repays donors in tax dollars - POLITICO.com Print View

Well?

It doesn't Ohh-Pah and his fellow idiots continue to MOCK the Constitution. They haven't been ever taught it's importance. Had he been properly trained? He would have never made the idiotic reference.

It says in the Constitution that we have the right to free speech. Which means YOU can say the stupidest things you can think of, and I can't stop you.

Now please tell me by what Constitutional authority Romney was able to spend my money on the Olympics?

Thanks!

he didn't

congress did

you're not too bright, are you?

Well?

It doesn't Ohh-Pah and his fellow idiots continue to MOCK the Constitution. They haven't been ever taught it's importance. Had he been properly trained? He would have never made the idiotic reference.

Sorry. I missed when you told me which of the 18 enumerated powers gives Congress the authority to spend money on the Olympics.

Thanks!

he didn't

congress did

you're not too bright, are you?

Sorry, but under which enumerated power can Congress spend money on the olympics?

Sorry. I missed when you told me which of the 18 enumerated powers gives Congress the authority to spend money on the Olympics.

Look T, in Ooooh we're dealing with a guy that said Japan was going to surrender on it's own with no invasion or nukes.....yeah informed is not one of his strong points.

Very true.....and since most people (except you) like the Olympics, we're ok with it.

I don't like the Olympics? That's quite a jump, gold medal distance in fact. I was okay with it then, still am.

Look T, in Ooooh we're dealing with a guy that said Japan was going to surrender on it's own with no invasion or nukes.....yeah informed is not one of his strong points.

i've actually changed my mind on that one

very non-sequitor

Forum List

Back