Hey Republicans

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
You people have to stop using the word "conservative" when labeling people like Trump or even yourselves. There's a huge difference between republicans and conservatives. You know what those difference are. "Conservative" is off limits to you people. You can't have it.
The only time yall even act conservative is when a democrat is the potus or the dems have the majority.
When there's a republican in the white house, all yall do is grow the size of government and spend spend spend. Totally opposite of what conservatives stand for.
Fact: Trumps first two years in office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, yall funded not only planned parenthood. But also gender studies in Pakistan.

Here's a help. These two people are conservative. And were both pushed out of the GOP for actually trying to do things in a conservative way.
Example: Justin Amash was kicked off the congressional budget committee for trying to cut spending, by the GOP committee chairman, John Boehner.

1650810565879.png
1650810594555.png

1650810741213.png

Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Conservative.

Words have meanings.

Libertarian is a political party. Conservative isn't. There are some very liberal libertarians. In fact, the LP has been overran with liberals and progressives. Which is why I dropped the LP. The same reason I dropped the GOP and the democratic party.

I think the word should be totally struck from the political lexicon. Nobody is really a conservative.....Nobody.

I bet if I knew the person that claims different I could easily point out a baker's dozen ways why they are not.

Even the best of them would be more like small-L libertarians but every damn one of them would be taking .gov cash they should not really be getting one way or the other.

I'm no different in that regard either (I get SS along a state and a private pension) but but at least I'm honest enough to admit it.

LOL....I bet the so-called chest-thumping "conservatives" took all those Trump and Biden Bucks checks and ran to the bank with them.

As I stated in a another thread. If we are going to discuss an example of a conservative, start with Robert Taft.

Thanks for bringing that up. I'm not very educated on Taft. But you got me looking that way. And in doing so, I found this.

America Needs a Robert A. Taft

skipped to relevant part:

“Many of the New Dealers,” Taft charged, “have no concern whatever for individual freedom. They are collectivists like Marx and Lenin and Mussolini” and believe “that the Government should regulate every detail of industrial and commercial and agricultural life.” Taft urged Republicans to oppose all measures inimical to “preserving, maintaining, and increasing the liberty of the people of our country.”

Please tell me this isn't a Gary Johnson libertarian thread...:puke3:

Have you read anything in the thread? I don't think even libertarians cared much for Johnson. They especially didn't like Bill Weld.
No, this is not about any one person. It's about the GOP still trying to convince it's voters that they're conservative. When they ain't even close. Trump, McConnell and Ryan not enough proof for you?

Libertarian is a political party. Conservative isn't. There are some very liberal libertarians. In fact, the LP has been overran with liberals and progressives. Which is why I dropped the LP. The same reason I dropped the GOP and the democratic party.

Libertarian is a political philosophy developed by economist Murray Rothbard after he split off from Ayn Rand.

You don't seem real well educated on this subject.

But I DO agree that the LP is infested with Marxist/Progressives at this point.

Have you read anything in the thread? I don't think even libertarians cared much for Johnson. They especially didn't like Bill Weld.
No, this is not about any one person. It's about the GOP still trying to convince it's voters that they're conservative. When they ain't even close. Trump, McConnell and Ryan not enough proof for you?
That's your personal opinion, an opinion hardly anyone shares. Trump labeled them all the DC swamp including McConnell and Ryan. There now you are informed.

Republicans are just progressives with a different label. And the sad part of it is, they don't even realize it. They've never bothered to find out what actual conservatism is.
"There ain’t a dime’s worth of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats." - George C. Wallace

Trump is a populist.

I don't think anyone ever claimed otherwise.

You people have to stop using the word "conservative" when labeling people like Trump or even yourselves. There's a huge difference between republicans and conservatives. You know what those difference are. "Conservative" is off limits to you people. You can't have it.
The only time yall even act conservative is when a democrat is the potus or the dems have the majority.
When there's a republican in the white house, all yall do is grow the size of government and spend spend spend. Totally opposite of what conservatives stand for.
Fact: Trumps first two years in office, with a GOP majority in the House and Senate, yall funded not only planned parenthood. But also gender studies in Pakistan.

Here's a help. These two people are conservative. And were both pushed out of the GOP for actually trying to do things in a conservative way.
Example: Justin Amash was kicked off the congressional budget committee for trying to cut spending, by the GOP committee chairman, John Boehner.

View attachment 635540 View attachment 635541

View attachment 635543
Interesting, so you attack republicanism just shy of the mid terms, even though you know that Republicans are the party that will be voted for in the election against the Democrat's, and so yes conservatives are a part of the Republican party in general, but the Republican party is who the title of opposition that will be running against the Democrat's belongs too.

Your timing is suspicious.

Thanks for bringing that up. I'm not very educated on Taft. But you got me looking that way. And in doing so, I found this.

America Needs a Robert A. Taft

skipped to relevant part:

“Many of the New Dealers,” Taft charged, “have no concern whatever for individual freedom. They are collectivists like Marx and Lenin and Mussolini” and believe “that the Government should regulate every detail of industrial and commercial and agricultural life.” Taft urged Republicans to oppose all measures inimical to “preserving, maintaining, and increasing the liberty of the people of our country.”
Americans value freedom above responsibility. There must be a balance. Government regulation seeks to establish this balance by law.

I think the word should be totally struck from the political lexicon. Nobody is really a conservative.....Nobody.

I bet if I knew the person that claims different I could easily point out a baker's dozen ways why they are not.

Since the GOP has outlawed conservativism, you're 100% correct.
Even the best of them would be more like small-L libertarians but every damn one of them would be taking .gov cash they should not really be getting one way or the other.

I'm no different in that regard either (I get SS along a state and a private pension) but but at least I'm honest enough to admit it.

LOL....I bet the so-called chest-thumping "conservatives" took all those Trump and Biden Bucks checks and ran to the bank with them.

Always take the money. If we had "conservative" republicans, that money wouldn't be coming from the Federal Reserve. It wouldn't be adding to the national debt, which lowers the actual value of the currency.
If conservatives had been running this country for say the last 50 years, $10hr would still be a decent wage. $100 would buy 300 times what todays $100 buys.
And corporations wouldn't have to leave the country to compete globally. And the budget would be balanced every year. And we would be only $1 trillion in debt, or maybe even zero yearly.
Government would be less than 1/2 it's size.

But the GOP keeps voting in CINO's instead of actual conservatives.
Republicans only say that want conservatives. But when it comes right down to it, they either don't know what a conservative is, or they secretly support the liberal ideology.
I've yet to see many republicans hold Trump accountable for all his spending.

Forum List

Back