Biden Moves to Save Nuclear Power

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Broken clock shows correct time, film @ 11.
This will filter a lot of internal Leftist hatred Joe’s way. First positive thing I’ve seen Joe do in his 50+ years in government, I must be missing something in the details.

Biden launches $6B effort to save distressed nuclear plants​

You just have to enjoy the complete absurdity of this.
The half life of most is only about 24,000 years. Yes that is thousand.
That means it is still harmful to humans For longer then just about longer then our Oldest written language.
But really who cares about how many humans we may kill off in the distant future, how badly we may pollute any area.
If Chernobyl or three mile island or Fukushima have taught us nothing then why worry

That means it is still harmful to humans For longer then just about longer then our Oldest written language.
But really who cares about how many humans we may kill off in the distant future, how badly we may pollute any area.
If Chernobyl or three mile island or Fukushima have taught us nothing then why worry
Chernobyl was caused by a flawed design and poorly trained people, Three Mile Island was not the disaster everyone made it out to be, and Fukushima was caused by an earthquake and tsunami.

How many casualties were there from those three incident?

Three Mile Island worked perfectly as designed. Chernobyl was a poor design and operator error. Fukushima was a natural disaster no one could foresee happening.

You do realize that a longer half life actually means an isotope is less radioactive than one with a very short half life don't you?

Chernobyl was a one off faulty design that was doomed to fail from day 1

Nothing really happened at 3 Mi Island

Fukishima was built in an earthquake and tsunami zone

New reactors are designed to run at low pressure cannot melt down do not require steel and concrete containment domes and can use the waste from our obsolete light water reactors as fuel

This will filter a lot of internal Leftist hatred Joe’s way. First positive thing I’ve seen Joe do in his 50+ years in government, I must be missing something in the details.

Nope, always have believed in nuclear power. I have worked in many different types of powerhouses over the years n would much rather live close to a nuclear powerhouse than any of the others.
MAGA

Chernobyl was caused by a flawed design and poorly trained people, Three Mile Island was not the disaster everyone made it out to be, and Fukushima was caused by an earthquake and tsunami.
Chernobyl was actually done accidentally on purpose. They were actually trying to see how far they could push their safeguards at the plant until they went to far and it became unrecoverable.
MAGA

Now there are two things I can give Biden credit for... this and not getting us embroiled in the current European war... yet...

Can we pile the 300,000 turbine blades that will need to be replaced in the next 10 years in your front yard?
1650814598340.jpeg

We need to spend more on developing fusion power.

ITER- The Way to New Energy
Fusion is "fools gold", just ask the EU. They wasted a ton of money already.

Three Mile Island worked perfectly as designed. Chernobyl was a poor design and operator error. Fukushima was a natural disaster no one could foresee happening.

Japan has had earthquakes and tsunami's. But never had both at the same time. Hard to engineer something with only like a million to 1 odds of it happening. Like you, I don't hold Japan responsible for it. It's one of those "shit happens" things.
Although their current decision to allowed contaminated water into the ocean, that's a different story. I hold them 100% accountable for that.

Three Mile Island did NOT shutdown safely as it should have, it melted down.
Fukushima should have anticipated a tidal wave and designed for it.
Whoever reviewed the Fukushima design and gave it a license should be fired.

Three Mile Island did NOT shutdown safely as it should have, it melted down.
Fukushima should have anticipated a tidal wave and designed for it.
Whoever reviewed the Fukushima design and gave it a license should be fired.
Three Mile Island only suffered a partial meltdown. How many people died as a result of Three Mile Island? Zero.

Fukushima had a sea wall. The failure was in the backup generators which cause a loss of coolant flow. They were flooded out by the tsunami. How many people died as a result of the Fukushima meltdown. Zero.

That's a pretty good safety record if you ask me.

Chernobyl is whole different ball of wax!

Forum List

Back