hey libbs how are you enjoying sky high food prices !!!

Bush invaded the Middle East, adding more instability which caused prices to go up. Additionally, no one from his Administration went after any of the people artificially inflating energy costs. This is why we.blamed Bush.

So, what has Obama done to deserve being held responsible for gas and food prices?
gas was a 1.80 a gallon when the dear leader took over !!

You're not even a good liar.

Screenshot2012-04-09at11530PM.png

The cost of fuel has been steadily declining for the past month, after a steady increase in price for the months previous to that.

That has nothing to do with the president. I'm a lib, and I fully admit it.

The only thing Bush did that had any effect on the price of oil was start a war in Iraq, and the effect of that had nothing to do with the $4.00+ gas prices we saw in 2007-2008.

The price of oil, at this point in history, is controlled by speculation in dark markets.

There have been artificial choke points and price fixing by the Oil companies themselves, as they are trading their own futures, and making billions from it.

There is nothing the President can do about that. The only thing that can be done is for Congress to change the Enron Loophole once and for all.

Either that, or nationalize the oil industry. And that's not going to happen.
after Katrina he lifted the ban on offshore drilling and fuel prices plummeted !!! one of the first things your muslim president did was reinstate the ban !!! urt us helped his arab buddies !!

Funny you should bring up Katrina. Another GOP disaster. A history of disaster. Well, at least they're consistent at something. They even know how to apologize. They apologized to BP.

It was years of elected Democratic Mayor's of New Orleans who took Federal Money meant for the levies and paid for other things. Levy repairs were not done and was neglected for many, many years.

sometimes publix runs specials on bread. 2 loafs for the price of 1. its $1.39 here. hasnt gone up in quite some time.

I'm a big coupon clipper. And I really do track the price of everything in my Blackberry. I have the prices for every item from every grocery store in the local area going back years.

This caused me to stop shopping at one grocery store years ago because their "sales" prices were still higher than the normal prices at another grocery store less than a mile away!

It used to crack me up to see them "lower" their yogurt to 50 cents with a "sale" and watch housewives loading up their carts with the stuff. Just down the street, the normal price was 40 cents. :lol:

They would also raise the price of their peanut butter when they put grape jelly on "sale".

You don't happen to know what the prices for paper towels were do you? It seems to me that paper towel and tissue prices have sky rocketed.

The cost of fuel has been steadily declining for the past month, after a steady increase in price for the months previous to that.

That has nothing to do with the president. I'm a lib, and I fully admit it.

The only thing Bush did that had any effect on the price of oil was start a war in Iraq, and the effect of that had nothing to do with the $4.00+ gas prices we saw in 2007-2008.

The price of oil, at this point in history, is controlled by speculation in dark markets.

There have been artificial choke points and price fixing by the Oil companies themselves, as they are trading their own futures, and making billions from it.

There is nothing the President can do about that. The only thing that can be done is for Congress to change the Enron Loophole once and for all.

Either that, or nationalize the oil industry. And that's not going to happen.
after Katrina he lifted the ban on offshore drilling and fuel prices plummeted !!! one of the first things your muslim president did was reinstate the ban !!! urt us helped his arab buddies !!

Funny you should bring up Katrina. Another GOP disaster. A history of disaster. Well, at least they're consistent at something. They even know how to apologize. They apologized to BP.

My gawd you're fucking stupid.

An agriculture industry group estimates a shortage of migrant labor may wind up costing Georgia fruit and vegetable farmers $300 million in crop losses. Officials worry the total economic impact will be even greater if crops from the next harvest are lost.

The Georgia Agribusiness Council estimates the total loss stemming from spoiled and unpicked produce to be close to $1 billion.

Crop Losses Could Top $1B

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal’s program to replace fleeing migrant farmworkers with probationers backfired when some of the convicted criminals started walking off their jobs because field work was too strenuous, it was reported Wednesday.

And the state’s farms could lose up to $1 billion if crops continue to go unpicked and rot, the president of the Georgia Agribusiness Council warned.

Georgia immigrant crackdown backfires - Republicans could cost farmers a billion dollars

---------------------------------------------

Anyone notice how Republican policies always end in disaster? Always. Now, watch them try to blame another fiasco on Obama and the Democrats.

See? When the Republican leadership did that, they assumed all their base would run out and snatch up those jobs. Only they didn't. Old fat fuckers don't want to work.

My gawd you're fucking stupid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFx-hvoGN90&feature=related]Texas GOPer apologizes to BP - YouTube[/ame]

He said he wasn't speaking for Republicans but right after this, Republicans awarded him the powerful chairmanship of the "Energy Committee". It was their way of thanking Joe Barton for apologizing to BP. Shame on Obama. Insisting BP clean up their mess.

When Republicans are schooled on what their leadership is doing, they are nearly always flabbergasted. They simply don't believe it's true.

No matter how bad it is, and it's pretty bad. It's nothing compared to what it's going to be.

The CPI for all food is projected to increase 2.5 to 3.5 percent in 2012, with food-at-home (grocery store) prices also forecast to increase 2.5 to 3.5 percent and food-away-from-home (restaurant) prices forecast to increase 2 to 3 percent. The average annual increase for food-at-home prices between 1990 and 2011 was 2.8 percent, and ERS's current outlook for 2012 falls within the historical average for food price inflation. All ERS forecasts for 2012 assume normal weather conditions and no shocks to the global market for major commodities.

ERS/USDA Briefing Room - Food CPI and Expenditures: Analysis and Forecasts of the CPI for Food

As far as I can see, food prices are absolutely crippling. Not only are prices much higher, but if you have noticed, the packages are much smaller. A box of cereal that was 14 oz, is now more like 10 or 12 oz.

Guess who's the recipient of the largest BP donations?? I'll give you a hint, his name starts with "O" and ends in "a". :D

BP's Favorite Politicians, By the Numbers | Mother Jones

Did you read the comments below your article?

Like this one:

What's the breakdown? If Employees of BP donated that doesn't mean squat. Guilty by association doesn't apply here.

or this one:

We can't begin to analyze this meaningfully until we know how many donors and the size of their donations.
Corporations have been legally barred from making political contributions, so it doesn't make sense to say "BP" was the donor. Individual donors are asked to report their occupation and employer to the FEC when making a donation, which means my 70 year-old mother didn't represent Monterey Credit Union when she donated to Obama, she just filled out a form.

----------------------

To many right wingers are mesmerized by a few words in the title. If it's a right winger, most of the time, they don't even know what they are reading.

gas was a 1.80 a gallon when the dear leader took over !!

And was above $4.00 a gallon a year before that.

Are you suggesting we crash the economy again to get good prices at the pump?
you just made my point commy !!! president Bush put forth policies to increase production and supply therefore energy prices dropped !! damn you are fucking stupid !!

One of the biggest causes of increases in food prices is the increases in the cost of fuel..

Wrong, turd. The main cause for the increase in the price of food comes from using food as fuel. When 1/3 of your corn crop gets burned up in cars, it's going to drive up the cost of meat, milk, grain and everything that uses corn. It also drives up the cost of other grains because land that was formerly being used to grow these crops is now being used to grow corn. Blame Obama and the environmental wackos for the increase in the price of food.

One of the biggest causes of increases in food prices is the increases in the cost of fuel..

Wrong, turd. The main cause for the increase in the price of food comes from using food as fuel. When 1/3 of your corn crop gets burned up in cars, it's going to drive up the cost of meat, milk, grain and everything that uses corn. It also drives up the cost of other grains because land that was formerly being used to grow these crops is now being used to grow corn. Blame Obama and the environmental wackos for the increase in the price of food.
while i will agree that you are correct about the ethanol shit we are forced to put into our cars does have an effect on food prices the higher cost of energy use drives up the cost of production and shipping !! combine that with trillions in printed money the left has caused the value of the dollar to plummet !!

Forum List

Back