Hey! Hope for Liberals, Yet!

SPIKESMYGOD

Mar 12, 2004
Chapel Hill, NC
The following is not what Ann Coulter would consider being a republican apologist.......just the truth.

First off, I would like to say, THANK JOSS! It took me over a month of searching to find a republican chat site. From the looks of the board, I am so glad I found my way, here.

Now.......

I am a vegetarian, atheist-unless you count The Jossverse, indie rock/pop songwriter-musician, Jesse Helms-hating, NPR-listening, and am semi-pro gay marriage- or at least civil unions.

Why do I tell you this? Because I love the way that the LMM [liberal mass media] paints all of us in one broad stroke, coloring us as religious zealots, hatemongers, gay bashers, misogynists, militia members, or backwards and/or rich snobs. Well, I am evidence that they are wrong, twisted, and that our party is far broader than they would ever admit.

That said, BE WARNED: I am NOT a "liberal" republican, at least not the kind who votes with the Dems or are traitors to the party.
(Cough! Cough! McCain...Cough! Cough!)

No, I am proof that we, unlike reactionary liberals, are NOT mindless, knee-jerk sheep. If anything, I consider myself a rogue Republican.

So, now for the hope I have for liberals.

How do I know that liberals are sheep? Great question, so glad I asked it.

In 1992, I was a dedicated liberal Democrat, dating a radical feminist, and President of the North Carolina chapter of the Draft Mario Cuomo for President campaign. Even though I was a Cuomo-liberal, I knew from being behind the scenes just what a scumbag Bill Clinton was. Still, that was not enough to make me question my liberal dogma. Well, a strange thing happened: I turned on Rush. At first, I just laughed at him, thinking to myself about what a nut he was. Then, I started hating him because of how wrong he was on the issues. Then, my world started to crumble as he started to rip apart my belief in liberalism, thus making me hate him that much more, even wishing death upon him.

Then, seemingly out of the blue, HE BROKE ME! I threw up my hands & surrendered to him, throwing my liberalism out the proverbial window.

I started listening every day, all 3 hours- plus repeats at night. I started reading- liberals: That means cracking open a book & looking at all the pretty words- authors such as George Will--the single most intelligent human on earth, William F. Buckley jr., & P.J. O'Rourke. To cement the deal, I started to become enchanted with my now-political hero: Newt Gingrich. On the very day I heard a republican victory in 1994 would mean Newt would become Speaker of the House, I went down to our board of elections & changed my party affiliation.......and I never looked back.

Now, we stand on the precipice of the most crucial election since Reagan/Carter. Yeah, I have issues with Bush-- illegal immigration, just to name one-- and would love to have Newt Gingrich as our "fascist" leader for the next 15 to 20 years, but I am SOOOOOOOO proud of the job that President Bush has done in this age of danger & tumult.

Liberalism & Political Correctness are the greatest threat to America, just behind terrorism. Actually, I believe there to be a symbiotic relationship between the two. If both groups have their respective ways, America will be brought to its knees in defeat & humiliation. THAT is how important this election is.

Even liberals will admit, nobody really likes Kerry. Now, Dean was a totally different story. The was a real movement of passion-however twisted- and true belief for Dean. Kerry? simply the last man standing. Liberals hate President Bush so much- which is a strong sign of how great he has been for this nation- they would back Britney Spears is they thought she could beat W. Still, Kerry will have all the wackos out in force for him: MoveOn.org, the Hollywood losers-- I'll put Dennis Miller against any of those elitist sheep, foreign leaders- like Kim Jong Il, and, of course, the liberal mass media.

Poor lil' Kerry is already whining about Florida. Ya know, the state that the Democraps attempted to still in 2000? There were three major recounts done by the media, and they all begrudgingly came to the exact same conclusion: Bush won. This, despite the fact that the major networks committed voter fraud & election rigging by calling the state for Gore with an hour left to go to the polls, which many Republicans failed to do believing the state had gone into Gore's column.

Kerry calls Republicans crooked liars and part of an attack squad. I love it! We are a hit squad, an attack squad, yet Hamas terrorists, according to some Dems, are "soldiers."

Kerry & his band of thugs like Dean, Ted "The Killer" Kennedy, Patsy Ireland, Hillary Clinton, Al Frankenstein, & Michael Moore call Bush a felon, a deserter, a mass murderer, a destroyer of this country, yet THEY are the ones whining about being attacked. Hey, if I had Kerry's voting record, I would feel attacked when it was brought up, TOO!

Trust me, if Kerry were to win- ROTFLMFAO- we would go right back to the Clinton years of treating terrorism as a law enforcement problem, one handled through indictments & diplomacy. As for the economy, Clinton was not responsible for the halcyon days of the 90s, it was Newt Gingrich holding The Congress's & Clinton's feet to the fire, even shutting down the government....TWICE!

Yeah, vote for Kerry:

Higher taxes- Yeah, they say only on the "greedy rich" who make over $200,000 a year. Yeah, they also are known as investors & JOB CREATORS! Bush has done a great job getting us out of the Clinton recession, over the tech bubble burst, over the nearly TRILLION-dollar damage done by 9/11, and through two wars. You don't tax your way out of debt, you GROW yourself out of debt.

A weak & impotant foreign policy-

Ah, Secretary of State Howard Dean. Secretary of Defense Ted Kennedy. Secretary of the Treasury Gray Davis.

Yeah, we would be prisoners of the U.N. The same body which put Libya in charge of the commission on human rights violations. Put Saddam's Iraq in charge of the commission on WMD's. The same body which allowed France, Germany, & Russia to get kick-backs from the extremely corrupt "Oil-for-food" program. Yeah, bring on the blue helmets.

btw- Libya's recent decision to open their doors is proof that "Peace Through Strength" works.

Basically, we would be screwed...AGAIN!

If you want to see how insane these people are, go to the Dean blog.

It started with Bush not caring about 9/11. Then, he had some 411 that it would happen. Then, Bush truly knew it was going to happen. Now, biting their own feet in a fit of rabid hatred & delusions, Bush planned it WITH Bin Laden AND he helped finance it.

If it weren't so scary, it would be fu*king hilarious. I mean, for the love of Joss, that's crazy than ANYTHING I have EVER heard on Art Bell. ROTFLMFAO

Unfortunately, we cannot laugh. We have been & will continue to be attacked from EVERY angle. If we forget this, it could end in disaster for this country. Oh, you ask, "But aren't liberals Americans, too?" Well, yes & no. Now, I am not really talking about the 90% of people who call themselves liberals, people whom if I could get in a room for an hour & talk to them would change, no, I am talking about the die-hard, protesting, human shield, flag-burning freaks. These people, while they might not admit it, got some satisfaction when we got hit on 9/11. "Yeah, they [See? They rarely say 'We.'] finally got what they deserved. The Great Satan has been knocked down a few pegs!"

See, when they talk about taking back their country, they are not referring to this America. They are dreaming of turing America back into the vomit pool which they created for a few moments in time back in the 60s. Well, wake up, pinko commie libs, you are NEVER GETTING THIS COUNTRY BACK! WE WILL DIE BEFORE WE RELINQUISH CONTROL TO YOU & YOUR SCUMMY, COMMUNIST-LOVING, TERRORIST-SYMPATHIZING ILK!

Other than that, I really like liberals.

Well, in the words of The First Evil: "The next few months are going to be quite a ride!"

Take care, stay safe, & let's get ready to loose the dogs of war on these traitors & America haters!

The Bastard Son of Newt Gingrich,

SPIKESMYGOD

Thanks, guys. I have been waiting a long time to find a place like this.

btw- Please, call me SPIKES [with the "s"] for short. Spike is too sacred a name to be called.;) That said, I appreciate the welcome, not a feeling commonly felt by Republicans in most places.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Actually there are quite a few of us "SCUMMY, COMMUNIST-LOVING, TERRORIST-SYMPATHIZING ILK" here, but I welcome you anyway.

You say that like it's some kind of false, over the top, generalization.

this may be late but you'll get an email notice,

wellcome to the board, you've come to the right place, I've been hear for a month or so and I've never looked back.:D

As a reasonable liberal, I welcome you to the board. You could have me in a room for an hour, I would listen, maybe agree with you on some issues, but no one will change my most basic views. If Rush changed your opinions they couldn't have been too strong anyway. I, too, listen to Rush fairly regularly, though I like Sean Hannity better. The best right-leaning talk host is the libertarian Neal Boortz, I encourage you to tune him in some time if you haven't already. I listen to them, laugh at some of their moron callers, get angry a lot, and occasionaly agree with the host (I agree with Boortz most often- especially on social issues, listen to his critique of the War on Drugs sometime, it's brilliant). I will vote for Kerry, and I am a member of the DNC, the Missouri Democratic Party and the ACLU. Bush is a liar (though the so-called liberal media gives him a free pass most of the time), he is a felon (DWI), and he has attempted to destroy our environment by giving it over to the big polluters. I look forward to debating you in other threads, and who knows, maybe I can remind you of why you supported Mario Cuomo.

acludem

Acludem-

(While listening to Morrissey)

Personally, I favor drug legalization. No, not so Deaniacs can smoke their bongs in public, but so that all drug dealers & gangs would be put out of business, overnight. Doubt it would work? Well, I have one word: Prohibition, an exact analogy. It would be run through clinics, and the tax revenues & profits could, partially, be put back into anti-drug initiatives. However, I would probably have anthrax put in the crack, but that'sjust me.

Damn, ACLUland considers a DWI a felony? Man, that's some crucial 411. LMFAO

I wonder what Bill Clinton's rape of Juanita Broaddrick would be considered.

Oh, that's right! Clinton was a liberal, thus he cannot be held accountable. As long as he was right on liberal issues, I guess his raping her wasn't all that bad. Bloody hell, Ted Kennedy is so liberal that KILLING a girl was no biggie- he waited nearly eight hours to call the authorities, but immediately called his political advisors when he got back to his room.....that is, after flirting with the female front desk clerk.

Ok, I got it. If one is a conservative, do not make one wrong step around a female, even if she is a liar like Anita Hill. But if I become a liberal/Democrat, I can abuse, harass, rape, & kill females. Good to know!

As for the "If Rush changed your views, you couldn't have been that devoted a liberal in the FIRST place" charge? Well, you are right AND wrong. At the time, I certainly FELT I was a dedicated, hardcore liberal, but I, like all liberals, based the foundation of my beliefs on feelings, not logic; dreams, not reality; intent, not results. Also, if you read the part where I mention George Will, Newt Gingrich, William F Buckley jr., P.J. O'Rourke, Ann Coulter, & my OWN intellect, Rush was merely the impetus for my political transformation.

A liberal- I wager you loved Clinton- calling Bush a liar? For the love of Joss, you have GOT to be screwing with me, right? What? Next you'll say that the U.N., France, Germany, & Russia were against us because they were all taking bribes from Saddam. Oh, wait! That one is true.

Oh, yeah! As for you returning me to being a liberal?........I would rather listen to Nickleback, have sex with Bea Arthur, then throw my legs over my head & bite off my own junk!

Still, thanks for the welcome!

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
Oh, yeah! As for you returning me to being a liberal?........I would rather listen to Nickleback, have sex with Bea Arthur, then throw my legs over my head & bite off my own junk!

:laugh:

Anyone who considers Ann Coulter to be reliable source of anything but lies and garbage is a lost cause. P.J. O'Rourke is a great writer, sort of the Conservative counterpart of Al Franken (they are friendly, BTW). Give War a Chance is a great book. George Will is a great writer also, and fellow baseball fan. Newt Gingrich (who criticized Bill Clinton for having affair with an intern, and then left his wife for one of his own interns) is a hypocrite, William F. Buckley Jr. is a good writer, but has trouble with the truth. I do encourage you to check out Neal Boortz sometime, though. If your political hero is Newt Gingrich, that isn't saying much. Here's a guy who has now divorced two wives for younger models, left Congress in disgrace after lying to a Congressional Committee and blaming his lawyer for it, and presided over a government shut-down so bad that Bob Dole had to step in negotiate with President Clinton to get a budget through. I have two political heroes: John Adams and Harry Truman. As for today's politicians, I think Bill Clinton was a great president. I think Barney Frank is the smartest person in Congress. I also greatly admire Bob Dole, John Kerry, Christine Todd Whitman, Robert Reich, John Edwards, Tom Daschle, Olympia Snowe and Jim Jeffords. There are many more principled politicians I admire. I don't take everything any of these people say as fact. I have read Rush Limbaugh's books, Sean Hannity's book, and two of Ann Coulter's books. I have also read Al Franken's books, Alan Colmes book, and James Carville's book. I look at each book critically and find things I agree and disagree with in each of them. Obviously I'm going to agree more frequently with Franken than with Coulter.

acludem

I just checked the laws in my state, and I will admit first offense DWI is not a felony, but a class A misdemeanor. Repeat offense does, however, result in a felony. See, I admit when I make a mistake.

Bush also posessed and used Cocaine in the sixties and early seventies. Cocaine posession is most states is a felony, so I stand by my statement that George W. Bush is a felon.

Bob "I like to speak about myself in the third person" Dole & Christy Whitman are lame-ass excuses for Republicans. Also, I wish that Charlie had held McCain as a POW for another 30 years.

So Newt is scum for leaving his wife, yet you love Clinton for raping an innocent woman. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Oh, and Truman? The same man that snubbed Winston Churchill, after Churchill said that an iron [Soviet] curtain was descending across Europe, and invited Stalin to visit America, instead?

Al Frankenstein? Oh, that psychotic guy who nearly physically assaulted Alan Colmes? Yeah, a great source of truth.

Ah, how I love liberals!

The reason I was interested in the DWI is a felony thing, is because I've heard it before. From a completely different source than an internet chatroom. It appears to be an example of a democratic talking point that is not true but sited as fact.

Why do people use such absurdities without checking them out first?

Originally posted by ACLUDEM
Bush also posessed and used Cocaine in the sixties and early seventies. Cocaine posession is most states is a felony, so I stand by my statement that George W. Bush is a felon.

Wow, what must it be like to invesitgator, prosecutor, judge and jury for someone? I'm glad I do not have to live by your law and classifications.

Spikes you are the f*****g man! You said all the things I think but have trouble putting down on my screen. Newt Gringrich was also one of my Republican heroes and who knows what was going on behind the scenes of his marriages, maybe he wasn't getting laid.

Acludem

Do you know about the accusations, well we'll never know the truth since all the witnesses have been whacked but anyway, the accusations of Bill Clinton the Governor and his taking payments from drug lords so they could use an Arkansas airstrip? That his own brother and various law enforcement officials have testified that they personally delivered coke to Bubba? Interesting.

Also about the lying just one thing, "depends on what the meaning of is is" and "I did not have realations with that woman Mrs. Lewinsky". You must be kidding us.

Forum List

Back