hey , good old Rush LIMBAUGH is on telly right now

My comment, Pogostick, was without regard concerning where the interview was done.

That you and Mr. Limbaugh are satisfied with the same microphone speaks volumes concerning you both though his hearing problem does sort of mitigate.....

It's a broadcast standard. We're all pretty much satisfied with it. I know one particular voice who manages to get proximity effect out of it but she's so on top of the thing she should be married to it.

Now I was in one station that was being deliberately sabotaged -- not only did they intentionally overdrive the compression in the chain (the objective being to make the "old" format sound bad so the "new" one would shine by comparison, it being unable to stand on its own merits of content) but they pulled our RE-20 from the air studio and stuck in an MD421. Everybody hated them for that. Needless to say once new management got "their" stuff on the air the RE-20 returned and the processor got cleaned up.

Mind you the 421's not a bad mic in its proper application, but no way it compares to the 20.

Last edited:
he just talks about his GOLDEN mic Pogo and I liked seeing it displayed to the world of tv watchers that saw the segment !!
So typical of the Right, distracted by shiny objects and oblivious to what was said.

Like there was no choke hold, he couldn't breath because of "carotid restriction." And the DittoTards will swallow it whole insisting we breath through our carotid artery!!! :cuckoo:

"It might have been carotid restriction, but it was not a chokehold."
- Rush Limbaugh, December 7, 2014, FOX with Mike Wallace

Rush is also lookin fit and trim
He looks like he is on drugs! Uppers this time, constantly fidgeting and squirming, he can't even sit still while Wallace is asking a question.

You see his chair moving and that chair moves with his hand movements.
That chair is a very expensive office chair built for comfort and movement.
RushLimbaugh.com==
He is not fidgeting squirming.

I didn't notice him fidgeting and if he was fidgeting I'd just figure that he is fidgeting and so what . I don't think that fidgeting is against the law Ed .

Rush is also lookin fit and trim
He looks like he is on drugs! Uppers this time, constantly fidgeting and squirming, he can't even sit still while Wallace is asking a question.

You see his chair moving and that chair moves with his hand movements.
That chair is a very expensive office chair built for comfort and movement.
RushLimbaugh.com==
He is not fidgeting squirming.
He sure is! He can't sit still while Wallace is asking a question and his hands are not moving. At least you didn't deny there was a lightning round in this thread!

I didn't notice him fidgeting and if he was fidgeting I'd just figure that he is fidgeting and so what . I don't think that fidgeting is against the law Ed .
I never said it was against the law, only that it might be a symptom of current drug abuse.

Watch more carefully this time.

he just talks about his GOLDEN mic Pogo and I liked seeing it displayed to the world of tv watchers that saw the segment !!
So typical of the Right, distracted by shiny objects and oblivious to what was said.

Like there was no choke hold, he couldn't breath because of "carotid restriction." And the DittoTards will swallow it whole insisting we breath through our carotid artery!!! :cuckoo:

How can they be distracted by shiny objects when he is on the radio and they can't see any shiny objects.

How can they be distracted by shiny objects when he is on the radio and they can't see any shiny objects.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good hate rant.

I never said it was against the law, only that it might be a symptom of current drug abuse.

Watch more carefully this time.

Just because you want to believe he is on drugs does not make it a fact.

You yourself would look the same if you were sitting in that office chair designed to move with comfort for sitting in it for hours at a time.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good hate rant.
:biggrin:

Then how did they see the "golden" mic they are obsessed with in this thread? As I pointed out, all they talk about from the FOX interview is the mic and not a word about the guy saying 11 times he couldn't breath and your MessiahRushie saying there was no choke hold, just "carotid restriction."

awww funny , just the mention of the old MahaRUSHI , I love it !!

It's an ElectroVoice RE-20 actually. Am I to understand Lush Rimjob actually brought his own mic to an interview? What, Fox Noise can't afford a decent microphone?

Not at all unusual for professional broadcasters to favor certain microphones. I once had an old RCA ribbon mic I had rebuilt at least twice and kept it with me as I moved up. In more recent years I have come to treasure one particular Sennheiser MD221 which is far more portable and considerably more rugged than the 44 (which I keep as a sort of pet)

I don't blame you keeping the ribbon around - you're not likely to find that pre-installed.

Sennheiser's mics do seem to be always durable, if pedestrian-sounding.

Whoops!

I meant to type md 441' long discontinued.

sennheiser MD 441

That's supposed to be a link to pix on google images but this is a borrowed tablet I'm using so to see it you may need to direct to Google Images.

I do agree on the sound of today's Sennheisers - "pedestrian" is quite kind.

441 is easily tailored to individual tastes.

Bought mine for about 250 becks decades ago. Most recent used prive I saw was around 1300!

Funny, it seemed to be when Michael J. Fox did it... :dunno:

I agree, but the OP keeps going on and on about the mic. I don't know why.
Thanks for the video Peach. I see he got all gussied up for the teevee, and also that he's committing a cardinal sin of the radio studio -- not wearing headphones. Perhaps Radio Shack was out of the diamond-studded pearl-inlaid model...

Heard Lush on the radio today waxing eloquent about his afterglow. He was pointing out "what you don't see in the video is how hot I am". Nothing if not predictable.

Forum List

Back