Hey Don

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
psst....

is.php

:D

dmp said:

Yeah....I know....but I can take satisfaction in knowing I called it before it happened.

We're all in a box at the game. They introduce Allen and I tell everyone that he is their star..need to watch out for him..he can shoot from anywhere, etc.

End of the first quarter he has zero points. Everyone in the box is dogging me because of my "superstar" statement.

I told them, "Wait for it."

Down to the end of the game, less than 10 seconds left, Grizzlies up by one. I tell everyone that Allen will get the ball..we can't let him shoot.

And he does get the ball..I start screaming "Don't let him shoot, Don't let him shoot." Everyone else joins me...we have this 16 person chant going over and over again, "Don't let him shoot, Don't let him shoot!"

He shoots...falling backward..hits the rim, the back board, runs around the rim and drops in. .03 left on the clock...puts them up by one.

Dead silence in the box and the entire arena.

Oh well....

We should be in the playoffs....but won't be playing Seattle.

The ClayTaurus said:
Awwwwww boo hoo. Don't hate 'cuz your team blows. Is Shawn Kemp still alive? :laugh:

It's got nothing to do with the SubSonics. I think the NBA as a whole is a second-rate pro sports league.

dmp said:
But last nite, the lowly sonics took the grizzlies collective manhood.

:D

Nah....Gasol had his way with everyone on your team. They tried 3 different people guarding him...he still lit them up for 44 points. He ran by everybody.

They did do a good job on shutting down Miller though - keeping him away from the 3 pointers.

It was a good game...don't mind a loss if it is a good game.

The ClayTaurus said:
Good for you :thup: Care to share why?

The players are, by and large, prima donnas. The refereeing is horrible - travelling and carrying are rules in name only. The playoffs - where over half the teams make it - are way too long.

College basketball, on the other hand, is enjoyable, because rules are enforced, players are working hard to improve, and the entire playoff structure is exciting, but done in three weeks.

GotZoom said:
Nah....Gasol had his way with everyone on your team. They tried 3 different people guarding him...he still lit them up for 44 points. He ran by everybody.

They did do a good job on shutting down Miller though - keeping him away from the 3 pointers.

It was a good game...don't mind a loss if it is a good game.
Your boy did get the shit blocked out of him late though.

By a FRENCHMAN.

For shame.

gop_jeff said:
The players are, by and large, prima donnas. The refereeing is horrible - travelling and carrying are rules in name only. The playoffs - where over half the teams make it - are way too long.

College basketball, on the other hand, is enjoyable, because rules are enforced, players are working hard to improve, and the entire playoff structure is exciting, but done in three weeks.
So
Hockey or Basketball?

The ClayTaurus said:
Your boy did get the shit blocked out of him late though.

By a FRENCHMAN.

For shame.

Gasol didn't get blocked...it was either Atkins or Jones..can't remember.

I never heard of that french guy..he played decent. I liked the game that Rashard Lewis played..lots of hustle and a nice touch when shooting.

Forum List

Back