Hey, Cons - Name a Dem Who Corresponds to Karl Rove. Betcha Can't Do It!

Dick is very good at reading people and trends. He's also real good at getting under Hillary's skin.

Anybody mention James Carville yet?

We was a sleazy douchebag, who would've sold his mother to score political victories, too.

Paul Begala and James Carville. Pretty tough tag team.
And as sleazy, throat-cutting, mud-slinging bastards as there have ever been in all of politics.

[/thread]

One can only wonder what He scammed out of Mary. I can easily picture him playing Spy V.S. Spy, at 3:47AM.

Hey, Cons - Name a Dem Who Corresponds to Karl Rove. Betcha Can't Do It!

Anybody mention James Carville yet?

We was a sleazy douchebag, who would've sold his mother to score political victories, too.

I did. Yay! Along with Clinton and Dickie Morris.

They were very dirty.
Morris, not so much.

He's more of a marketing hustler than pure dirtball, like Begala and Carville.

Can you be more specific and cite the examples of the actions you ascribe to Rove with links?

Sure:

Rove's dirty tricks: Let us count the ways

Wayne Madsen: Exposing Karl Rove

Dirty Tricks, South Carolina and John McCain

Bush's Hit Man

frontline: karl rove -- the architect: mastermind: chronology - karl rove's life and political career | PBS

Who is Karl Rove? | World news | The Guardian

Karl Rove: I did not pull dirty tricks - TODAY People

Karl Rove - SourceWatch

Karl Rove links CIA leak and GOP dirty tricks

Karl Rove’s Dirty Tricks May Usher in a McCain Presidency

TruthNews.us Blog Archive Karl Rove?s Dirty Tricks May Usher in a McCain Presidency

Karl Rove?s Dirty Tricks - Karl Rove - Zimbio

VOXNYC: "Disinformation and Bush's rise to power"

Garry South: Rove's dirty tricks - Garry South - POLITICO.com

The Return of Rove : Rolling Stone

Stubborn Liberal: Dirty Tricks

Karl Rove - Right Web Profile - Institute for Policy Studies - Right Web

G.O.P. Tricks

Is Rove using his Watergate dirty tricks in NH on Dean and the Dems? - Democratic Underground

N&W: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Karl Rove - US News and World Report

Karl Rove Comes of Age

Push poll - SourceWatch

Karl Rove, Dirty Trick Master, Attempts to Rewrite History politics from the eyes of an ebony mom

Is Karl Rove up to his dirty tricks?

National Guarding Bush: Did Karl Rove Plan Leak of Alleged Forged Documents to 60 Minutes? - A BuzzFlash Guest Contribution

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471423270?redirect=true]Amazon.com: Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential (0723812477289): James Moore, Wayne Slater, James C. Moore: Books[/ame]

Karl Rove’s Dirty Tricks A Time for Change

Bush, Rove engaged in dirty tricks of their own, as far back as Watergate, highlighting the need for present-day Deep Throats

Bad Attitudes: Closing Karl Rove’s Bag of Dirty Tricks

American Chronicle | The Exposing of Karl Rove

Republican dirty tricks - Talking Politics - Boston Phoenix

Karl Rove in a Corner - Magazine - The Atlantic

Insider: Republican Dirty Tricks Machine Targeting Grass Roots Constitutionalists

Grime Pays - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Bush's Brain - A Documentary About Karl Rove

The dirty tricks of the man who was christened 'turd blossom' by Dubya - Lifestyle, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Karl Rove: Bush's Brain

Karl Rove: Bush's Brain by Sander Hicks

Karl Rove Defends His Dirty Political Tactics - Denies McCain Whisper Campaign | Video Cafe

Think Progress Rove Decries Dirty Tactics That Target Politicians’ Families

Karl Rove's Strategy for Beating Clinton and Obama - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Karl Rove says water torture is justified — and a cause for pride - Times Online

Rove Is Promoted To Deputy Staff Chief (washingtonpost.com)

Blown circuits: Rove levels attack on Sotomayor based on false claim that she and Alito were colleagues | Media Matters for America

The Election Dirty Tricks Have Begun - The Board Blog - NYTimes.com

Karl Rove's Trojan Horse among the SMU Mustangs

Karl Rove: Is Outing an Anti-Terrorist Expert Patriotic? | Antemedius

What Bush did to McCain in the 2000 S. C. primary

Texas tales in Karl Rove's memoir likely to raise a few questions, eyebrows | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Headline | Senior Political Writer Wayne Slater

Schools Matter: Karl Rove's LAST Dirty Trick

Believers Against Bush: About Bush

Democrats.com Archive: Republican Dirty Tricks

Karl Rove - Early life and political experiences

Funniest Statement Of The Year: Karl Rove: I did not pull dirty tricks - Acura Forum - Acura World.com

Rove's role - The Boston Globe

Republican Dirty Tricks

From day one Karl Rove built a Political career on lying he will not change now! - AGORAVOX - The Citizen Media

2decide.com / Is Rove up to his old dirty tricks again?

FreeWestRadio.com karl rove

Karl Rove Announces Plans to Steal Election | Let's Try Democracy

Dirty Tricks Nixon Watergate Democratic Negative Series Scandal

The Countess: Ugly Karl Rove Tactics

Karl Rove Out! / Queerty

The ***** Vader of US elections | May 2007 | New Internationalist

Karl Rove only cares about winning

Progressives Choke on Their Pretzels as Karl Rove Rewrites History | CommonDreams.org

Karl Rove Destroyed My Life - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

Amy Goodman: Rove’s Science of Dirty Tricks - Truthdig

Thank you for the links. Using two of them below, we get a fairly good picture of the paranoia caused by Rove. The one from PBS seems to be a little slanted, but mostly factual. The one from Truth Dig is ridiculous. My favorite thing from Truth Dig states that there was one "Dirty Trick" that could not be linked to to Rove, but everyone knew that the did it.

Alrighty then!

The dirtiest dirty trick that is connectable to Rove according to the links you post is the one in which he stole stationary from the opponents office and invited people to an opening where there would be free food and drink according to the stolen stationary flyers.

The Dirty Trickster who worked against Nixon was far more trick orientated than Rove.

Still, it is generally acknowledged that smear campaign against McCain was the work of Rove and, judging by the grudge held by McCain for years, it probably was.

As far as the rest of the "dirty tricks", you must be kidding. The guy has been playing political hardball for 50 years and you can come up with 6 "dirty tricks" in all that time?

James Carvill hit that limit before breakfast every day for a year when his boy was under attack. The problem with Rove was that he just kept winning. He made the plans and raised the money and set the debate for 30 years.

That's not a dirty trick. That is Machiavelian brilliance.

Amy Goodman: Rove’s Science of Dirty Tricks - Truthdig

frontline: karl rove -- the architect: mastermind: chronology - karl rove's life and political career | PBS

That is really impressive.

Case closed.

chris loves to play the role of Lewinsky. case closed.

Don't be jealous. Your responses are usually one or two sentences. Why don't you do a post like that?? You know, with some real information for a change???

This thread about Karl Rove (he got shouted down at a book signing) got me thinking about something. Check this out:

Both sides like to accuse the other side of doing the same thing they are being accused of doing. To a certain extent, that is true almost universally. But it isn't necessarily equal on both sides. In some areas, there is a huge disparity.

It is my observation that Republicans are generally much better at campaigning and in winning elections than are Democrats. I have heard it said that Republicans are very good at winning elections but not very good at governing. That latter business is not the topic of this thread , but the former part is. Republicans just seem to be much better at going for the throat and not giving up. Us Dems don't seem to like to go for the throat to begin with and as far as giving up is concerned, more often than not, we never even get started.

Which brings me around to Karl Rove. Rove is a master political strategist if you don't care about fairness, ethical principles or playing by the rules. He flat gets things done for the Republican party. But his methods are, shall we say, suspect? I'm not going to waste a lot of space being critical of Rove in the OP - there will be time for that later (heh, heh).

So here's my question for the cons: You like to claim Dems do it (whatever) as much as you do. OK. Name someone (anyone) on the Democratic side of the ledger, who corresponds to Karl Rove. Who do the Democrats have who, year after year, decade after decade (and that's the critical distinction), using all kinds of dirty tricks, enables the Dems to win elections and destroy opponents, as Rove does for the Republicans?

Naming someone who made the news on one occasion for doing something nasty won't cut it. I want someone who has hung in there for decades as "Mr. Dirty Tricks" for the Dems, as Rove has unquestionably done for the Republicans.

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines . . .

You have got to be joking. Democrats dont go for the throats? Are you living in fantasy land? Democrats dont use dirty tricks?

But I'm gonna say that Dems are just as dirty as Reps in terms of strategists.

No, we aren't. That's why we don't win elections.

There is no one on the left that pulls the stuff that Rove pulls. No one.

No. You dont win elections because you advocate policies that take freedom from people and which suck ass.

I think the more reasonable question is which Democrat doesn't use dirty campaign tactics? Can you name one?

But I think this thread is a prime example of why I say that degrees dont make someone intelligent.

This thread about Karl Rove (he got shouted down at a book signing) got me thinking about something. Check this out:

Both sides like to accuse the other side of doing the same thing they are being accused of doing. To a certain extent, that is true almost universally. But it isn't necessarily equal on both sides. In some areas, there is a huge disparity.

It is my observation that Republicans are generally much better at campaigning and in winning elections than are Democrats. I have heard it said that Republicans are very good at winning elections but not very good at governing. That latter business is not the topic of this thread , but the former part is. Republicans just seem to be much better at going for the throat and not giving up. Us Dems don't seem to like to go for the throat to begin with and as far as giving up is concerned, more often than not, we never even get started.

Which brings me around to Karl Rove. Rove is a master political strategist if you don't care about fairness, ethical principles or playing by the rules. He flat gets things done for the Republican party. But his methods are, shall we say, suspect? I'm not going to waste a lot of space being critical of Rove in the OP - there will be time for that later (heh, heh).

So here's my question for the cons: You like to claim Dems do it (whatever) as much as you do. OK. Name someone (anyone) on the Democratic side of the ledger, who corresponds to Karl Rove. Who do the Democrats have who, year after year, decade after decade (and that's the critical distinction), using all kinds of dirty tricks, enables the Dems to win elections and destroy opponents, as Rove does for the Republicans?

Naming someone who made the news on one occasion for doing something nasty won't cut it. I want someone who has hung in there for decades as "Mr. Dirty Tricks" for the Dems, as Rove has unquestionably done for the Republicans.

That idiot you elected President of the US makes Rove look like a choirboy. Next really dumb question ....?

David Axelrod is Obama's pointman. The problem is he hasn't been winning all that much. This time he had about a billion dollars from donors to back his candidate. A candidate that would say anything just to get elected.

And the problem with Democrats is they're good at campaigning but not very good a running the country. Once everyone finds out what they're up to they fall apart and lose support. So it's impossible for anyone to be a Karl Rove. Course Obama hasn't led this country as much as kept in campaign mode since elected. He doesn't know how to be a President.

Still waiting for some specific examples from the right.

Constanza posted about 50 of Rove's.

Oh...wait...the right doesn't have any examples, only lies and insults.

Forum List

Back