Hey, Cons - Name a Dem Who Corresponds to Karl Rove. Betcha Can't Do It!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by George Costanza, Mar 31, 2010.

1. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    This thread about Karl Rove (he got shouted down at a book signing) got me thinking about something. Check this out:

Both sides like to accuse the other side of doing the same thing they are being accused of doing. To a certain extent, that is true almost universally. But it isn't necessarily equal on both sides. In some areas, there is a huge disparity.

It is my observation that Republicans are generally much better at campaigning and in winning elections than are Democrats. I have heard it said that Republicans are very good at winning elections but not very good at governing. That latter business is not the topic of this thread , but the former part is. Republicans just seem to be much better at going for the throat and not giving up. Us Dems don't seem to like to go for the throat to begin with and as far as giving up is concerned, more often than not, we never even get started.

Which brings me around to Karl Rove. Rove is a master political strategist if you don't care about fairness, ethical principles or playing by the rules. He flat gets things done for the Republican party. But his methods are, shall we say, suspect? I'm not going to waste a lot of space being critical of Rove in the OP - there will be time for that later (heh, heh).

So here's my question for the cons: You like to claim Dems do it (whatever) as much as you do. OK. Name someone (anyone) on the Democratic side of the ledger, who corresponds to Karl Rove. Who do the Democrats have who, year after year, decade after decade (and that's the critical distinction), using all kinds of dirty tricks, enables the Dems to win elections and destroy opponents, as Rove does for the Republicans?

Naming someone who made the news on one occasion for doing something nasty won't cut it. I want someone who has hung in there for decades as "Mr. Dirty Tricks" for the Dems, as Rove has unquestionably done for the Republicans.

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines . . .

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +971
    I hope the Dems never have anybody like Karl Rove. I'm sure you have heard of Rove's playbook. There is a document about it that you just have to read. This man is an absolute snake.

This article identifies the fifteen tactics that comprise the Rovian campaign strategy.
    The discussion of each of these tactics consists of the following three sections:
     Describing the Rove campaign tactic
     Illustrating the use of these campaign tactics in the Bush campaigns
     Identifying Strategic Responses that counter these campaign tactics
    The Rovian Playbook: Campaign Tactics
    Tactic #

http://www.webster.edu/medialiteracy/journal/FINALKARLROVE.pdf

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This is too easy, the Democrats do not have anyone who can hang with Karl, their too emotional, they generally lack real leadership qualities.....

The real question is, how can anyone get lower on the moral ladder than Obama and Emmanuel, your barking up the wrong tree.....but hey, knock yourself out, we will take care of this in November.....

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Rove is no longer president.

5. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    If the dems had anybody like Karl, they wouldn't have had to sit thru 8 years of W.

6. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I'm not sure I would equate "real leadership qualities" with Karl Rove.

Let me make sure I have this right. You are claiming that President Obama and White House Chief of Staff Emmanuel are "lower on the moral ladder" than Karl Rove? I would REALLY like to hear your basis for that one.

Just because a sitting President enacts policies that you disagree with does not mean that he is immoral. Take a look at the link in Rinata's post just above yours. THAT is immorality. Can you cite any such activity on the part of either President Obama or Chief of Staff Emmanuel?

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Rove has pen pals?

8. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    True - but at what price? (I know, I know . . . corny. But nonetheless true.)

9. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Price? Well, Saddam would still be alive, for starters.

Oh! You meant, like, at the cost of the dems souls. Yeah, that woulda been bad.

10. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Remember Governor Blagojevich, the guy who tried to sell Obama's old Senate Seat? Rahm Emanuel was the middle-man.

HuffPo: Rahm Emanuel Gave Blagojevich List Of 'Acceptable' Senate Candidates: Report

Anyone who knew Rahm before the 2008 election knows the guy is a snake.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010