Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?

When you add up all the state, local, fedreal taxes, fees, etc, poor people pay as high a percentage in taxes as the richest. Another Pub dupe myth.

When one group doubles to quadruples their wealth while everyone else suffers, along with the country, they're not paying their fair share, dupes. And being able to afford a tax lawyer shouldn't make so much difference. ALL Pubcrappe law, and no tidal wave of BS about the lazy poor will work except for morons or a-holes....Merry Christmas!

Nearly half the population do not pay state or federal taxes, but they do get a large chunk each year when they file. How can you claim they pay as much as others who actually send the government a check every April 15? If you don't own property, then you don't pay property taxes either and those are getting high. What fees are you referring to?

If I double or quadruple my income, are you insinuating that somehow I stole it from someone rather than earn it? I work hard and take from no one. I pay taxes each year and don't get a refund.

Got a credible link to prove Wiki's biases?

GlobalWarmingHoaxBlog.com: Wikipedia Censors Global Warming Skeptics

Living organisms that exist by stealing the resources produced or collected by another living organism applies perfectly to the parasites who collaborated in 2004 to manufacture the collapse of the US housing market:

"The new standardized contracts they created would allow firms to protect themselves from the risks of subprime mortgages, enable speculators to bet against the U.S. housing market, and help meet demand from institutional investors for the high yields of loans to homeowners with poor credit...

"The tools also magnified losses so much that a small number of defaulting subprime borrowers could devastate securities held by banks and pension funds globally, freeze corporate lending, and bring the world's credit markets to a standstill...

Millions of foreclosures and missing jobs prove the parasitic nature of Wall Street's "group of five" to anyone with a single brain cell functioning.

Subprime Securities Market Began as `Group of 5' Over Chinese - Bloomberg

None of the people you mentioned "stole" anything. They simply made a bad investment. According to your definition, every businessman who loses money is a parasite. The people who actually engineered the sub-prime mortgage fiasco are politicians like Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Bwany Fwank, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters who passed legislation forcing banks to grant mortgages to people who couldn't pay them. All the people you mention did is devise a way to make these turd mortgages marketable. They had no other choice. It was that or be forced out of business by the federal government.

Furthermore, you still haven't accounted for all the millionaires who weren't involved in the sub-prime mortgage industry. According to you, they are parasites.

Face it, you're pumping out horseshit and you know it.

No one is fooled.
How many billion$ have parasites made off that "bad investment?"

The "group of five" created a very successful "synthetic" financial instrument, or derivative, in order to leverage small numbers of subprime mortgages into bigger securities, since this was the only way to meet global demand for MBSs after most creditworthy borrowers had already refinanced during 2003's record low rates.

This was fraud unless you can show me where in the CRA it says banks must lend to people who can't repay their loans.

Your indifference to the crimes committed by Republicans like Hank Paulson and Phil Gramm proves you're just another partisan hack looking to obfuscate the role the rich played in instigating the Great Recession.

And note they are the first to whine, moan, bitch, and complain when the Military doesn't meet it's objectives...or to further? What will they do if we can't respond when we need to? Will they blame Bush then too?
Of course. They refuse to take responsibility for their actions. It's always someone else's fault.

More pot/kettle.
Not really. Do you even know what that means?
Talk to the whiners pissing and moanig about recent events in VA. Maybe you're one of them, even.
I'm not. If someone can't convince enough voters to get on the ballot, he doesn't deserve to run for office.

The fact that those who are ultra wealthy want some poor working slobs making $15 an hour to pay through the nose is what is so disgusting. $15 an hour to me is pure slavery and is unethical. But thats america today.

The fact that those who are ultra wealthy want some poor working slobs making $15 an hour to pay through the nose is what is so disgusting. $15 an hour to me is pure slavery and is unethical. But thats america today.

A full work year at $15 an hour comes to $31,200. The maximum SS benefit is $28,392 per year.

Maximum Social Security retirement benefit

You claim to live on Social Security. You would be better off working.

The "group of five" created a very successful "synthetic" financial instrument, or derivative, in order to leverage small numbers of subprime mortgages into bigger securities, since this was the only way to meet global demand for MBSs after most creditworthy borrowers had already refinanced during 2003's record low rates.

This was fraud unless you can show me where in the CRA it says banks must lend to people who can't repay their loans.

If they committed fraud, then why aren't they in prison? Even if they did commit fraud, there's a difference between being a crook and being a parasite. One is legal. The other isn't.

Your indifference to the crimes committed by Republicans like Hank Paulson and Phil Gramm proves you're just another partisan hack looking to obfuscate the role the rich played in instigating the Great Recession.

What "crimes" did Hank Paulson and Phil Gramm commit? I will admit that Paulson is a scumbag. However, supporting legislation you don't like isn't a crime.

Yeah. What's also America today is idiot leftists redefining words and thinking that whatever causes their butthurt is a crime.

The destruction of the middle class is the direct result of the policies of Reagan-Bush....

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

The destruction of the middle class is the direct result of the policies of Reagan-Bush....

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi
Chris, you've just about earned the nickname "Shampoo". It's lather, rinse, repeat the same things from thread to thread to thread without paying any attention that your soundbites are thoroughly debunked or exposed bullshit. Just Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

If they committed fraud, then why aren't they in prison? Even if they did commit fraud, there's a difference between being a crook and being a parasite. One is legal. The other isn't.

What "crimes" did Hank Paulson and Phil Gramm commit? I will admit that Paulson is a scumbag. However, supporting legislation you don't like isn't a crime.
Legislation like the Commodities Futures Modernization Act which prohibited any governmental regulation of credit default swaps would be criminal in any state not dominated by gangsters. As the housing bubble expanded the face value of those swaps rose to $62 trillion, and when the inevitable collapse came, those same swaps became worthless scraps of paper because no government agency required banks to set aside money to back them up.

The CFMA also prohibited government regulation of the energy-trading market which helped Enron nearly bankrupt the state of California.

Gramm and his wife haven't been indicted for those crimes only because Wall Street owns DC.

Legislation like the Commodities Futures Modernization Act which prohibited any governmental regulation of credit default swaps would be criminal in any state not dominated by gangsters. As the housing bubble expanded the face value of those swaps rose to $62 trillion, and when the inevitable collapse came, those same swaps became worthless scraps of paper because no government agency required banks to set aside money to back them up.

The CFMA also prohibited government regulation of the energy-trading market which helped Enron nearly bankrupt the state of California.

Gramm and his wife haven't been indicted for those crimes only because Wall Street owns DC.

In other words, they weren't crimes. That undermines the central premise of your entire screed.

Thanks for playing!

While I agree both numbers are insame. HOWEVER, the number that is usually forgotten is that 22% of Americans are on social security, to which they don't play any taxes on, nor should they. In an honest debate you need to take them out of the equation! I believe countrywide its 46%. Take the 22% on social security out of the equation and I think it would be closer to 20%!

Actually, that reflects the nation as a whole. I've seen similar numbers somewhere for the US, except something like 49% of US Citizens pay no income tax.

Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?
A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

If I steal your money and the state refuses to prosecute me, have I committed a crime?

There are actual laws on the books against stealing. You just admitted there are no laws on the books against the so-called "crimes" you are whining about. Not enforcing existing laws is one thing. Prosecuting people for doing something that is perfectly legal is another.

If I steal your money and the state refuses to prosecute me, have I committed a crime?

There are actual laws on the books against stealing. You just admitted there are no laws on the books against the so-called "crimes" you are whining about. Not enforcing existing laws is one thing. Prosecuting people for doing something that is perfectly legal is another.
There are also actual laws on the books against control accounting fraud. Phil Gramm enabled Wall Street to profit from that actual crime.

Forum List

Back