Poll: What form of government do we want?

What form of national government do we want in the US?

• A constitutionally limited republic, utilizing representational democracy

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • A constitutionally limited republic, utilizing representational democracy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A constitutionally limited republic, ruled by an elite aristocracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unlimited, direct democracy

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Third time's a charm?

EDIT: Clearly, I'm too stupid to create an intelligible poll.

Last edited:
Authoritarian Theocracy, just like all the other conservative far right Christians.

I love being forced to believe.

Oh wait, never mind. That's a thing already.

Last edited:
I want a Democratic Republic. But I want one where the wealthy minority is deemed "just another citizen", instead of a citizen that can buy politicians. Same with Groups and PAC's... I want them all banned.

I want Publicly funded elections. So that people who actually want to SERVE the people get a chance to without being held hostage by their political donors.

I want a Democratic Republic. But I want one where the wealthy minority is deemed "just another citizen", instead of a citizen that can buy politicians. Same with Groups and PAC's... I want them all banned.

I want Publicly funded elections. So that people who actually want to SERVE the people get a chance to without being held hostage by their political donors.

I agree with you whole heartedly. But are you willing to pay higher taxes to fund publicly funded elections? Knowing that half the nation does not pay taxes? Our rates would certainly go up!

I agree with you whole heartedly. But are you willing to pay higher taxes to fund publicly funded elections? Knowing that half the nation does not pay taxes? Our rates would certainly go up!

Half the nation could barely afford a 10 dollar federal tax. Yes, I would be willing to cover for fellow Americans. Because I actually believe our country will fail if we don't have the togetherness that the US did in the past.

Do I get to be one of the aristocrats? No? then I vote for the first one...No the second one. Yeah the second one.

No, really I think what we have is fine but maybe we need to re-evaluate all of the changes that have been made.

Seriously, this thread is solid FAIL. I screwed up the poll and I don't know how to fix it. Can we talk about something else?

How 'bout those Packers?

In the beginning? Yeah... it would cost us more... but take away all the hundreds of billions in giveaways, Tax breaks and subsidies that only the wealthy can take advantage of(because they BOUGHT those privileges)... and I firmly believe we'd save a ton in the long run.

Seriously, this thread is solid FAIL. I screwed up the poll and I don't know how to fix it. Can we talk about something else?

How 'bout those Packers?
Just PM a mod and have him un-fuck it for you.

For the record, my answer would be a totalitarian dictatorship with me as dictator for life. Failing that, I'm pretty comfortable with what we have. I'd change around voting some, though.

How 'bout those Packers?

I'm a Steelers Fan... My son's a Pack Fan though. Aaron Rogers is a beast. Clay Matthews would look great in the Black and Gold.

I agree. In addition I believe a review of existing laws that are apparent to be detrimental to the good of the people be reviewed and be added to a national vote for repeal or approval as a great deal of legislation has been written out of bias or purely malicious in nature. The Supreme Court should be swept clean and have term elected judges to keep views fresh.

I want government that's as localized, and limited as possible. In my view, government IS violence, and should only be used in response to such - in other words, I want government to protect us from bullies, not to manage my life for me.

FWIW, the second choice was supposed to be a constitutionally limited republic utilizing direct democracy. If a mod wants to change it, great. Otherwise, I can live with my humiliating failure. It's not the first. ;)

If you consider that a humiliating failure, you've either lived a blessed life thus far.... OR... spend too much time on message boards.

Half the nation could barely afford a 10 dollar federal tax. Yes, I would be willing to cover for fellow Americans. Because I actually believe our country will fail if we don't have the togetherness that the US did in the past.

What Togetherness? America has always been a very Diverse and Divided Country. It's Unavoidable in a Free and Open Democracy. The Only way you get everyone together Agreeing and seeing songs together is at the Point of a gun.

What Togetherness? America has always been a very Diverse and Divided Country. It's Unavoidable in a Free and Open Democracy. The Only way you get everyone together Agreeing and seeing songs together is at the Point of a gun.

Being divided for a common cause is not a negative thing. Nor does it violate what I said.

No one needs to point a gun at other people to get them to agree we don't want the country to fail.

I want government that's as localized, and limited as possible. In my view, government IS violence, and should only be used in response to such - in other words, I want government to protect us from bullies, not to manage my life for me.

This is right wing.

You are right wing in your veiws

This is right wing.

You are right wing in your veiws

Okie dokie then. You're definition of 'right wing' is duly registered.

Forum List

Back