Hey, 99 Percenters, You Call This 'Fair'?

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

Income tax maybe. What other taxes do we pay and take a little peek at the taxes by the top companies last year. The 99% are getting screwed and all the facts, charts, experts that are not bias prove it. The wealthy do not create jobs. The average median wage went down by thousands. The wealthy went up by millions. We will fix it I am sure and very soon. Americans can not put up with children and families hurting for greedy bastards.

A study by the New York City Independent Budget Office was released this week, and you didn't hear much about it in the mainstream media because it hurts their candidate's message.

Keep in mind, I'm your Conservative Everyman. I'm no economist, nor am I a political scientist. I call 'em as I see 'em just like you do. And away we go...

New York City has a little more than 8 million residents. Of those many millions, 1% -- ONE PERCENT -- pays 43% of the income taxes. You know how many people that works out to? About 35,000 people.

Picture in your mind's eye the City of New York, not just Manhattan, but all five boroughs. Imagine the throngs here right now enjoying the holidays. Think about the police presence, the sanitation, the schools brimming with children...East Side, West Side, The Village -- a hell of a town! 8 million people!

Now imagine Yankee Stadium, or any average Major League ballpark, and fill it except for the nosebleed seats. That tiny number pays almost HALF the operating costs for the city. How's THAT for fair?

Another kick in the head is that ten percent of New Yorkers pay 71% of the taxes. Guess how much income it takes to crack that ten percent?You don't have to be one of the millionaires or billionaires whom the Divider in Chief loves to vilify. You need not be an evil fat cat making $200,000 -- perish the thought! What's it take to crack the top ten percent in the most expensive city in America? $105,000. Yep, a buck five.​

You're right, it's not fair. Since they own more than 90% of the nations wealth, they should be paying 90% of the taxes.

Looks entirely fair to me

From your own numbers 35,000 New Yorkers are paying 43% of the income taxes

What that means is those measly 35,000 are taking in income almost as much as the other 8 million combined. Is that scary or what?

And then they bitch about having to pay income taxes on their exorbitant salaries?

What a bunch of whiny bitches

Let's see... what do the Conservatives keep telling progressives??? Hmmmm... Oh yeah... I remember....

Life isn't fair.... Except you want fairness when it comes to the wealthy... not so much for the poor.

Hey... don't feel bad... My wife and I make right around that 100k+ figure... We're paying and we're fine.... Get a job there Dave and try it.

You're right, it's not fair. Since they own more than 90% of the nations wealth, they should be paying 90% of the taxes.

The operative word is INCOME, not wealth. And they've already PAID taxes on their wealth as THEY accumulated it.

We need to get some of those 1%ers on board here to tell us all how abused and miserable they are.

I just wrote about this on another thread. I don' care what your income is, you should pay taxes. Even welfare recipients!! Yes! Welfare! YOu fet an income you pay to live here! Everyone pays. The fact that half this country is carrying the other half is totally obsurd.

I don't care if you have to pay $100 or $200, you gotta pay. Everyone uses the education, the roads and reaps the satisfaction they are living in a secure free world. Time for the free rides should be over.

Forum List

Back