Hero Movies

Loved the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns

Magnificent 7

Dirty Dozen

I just learned they have remade "The Mechanic". How could they ever do better than Charles Bronson? I hazapout!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3t8TDtLg0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3t8TDtLg0[/ame]

Jason Statham is in it. If you like action. He's your guy. Not hard to look at either.

I love Bruce Willis. Just saw RED. LMAO. He and John Malkovich, Hellen Mirren and Ronny Cox. Great flick.

I have 2 or 3 of the Die Hard Series along with the Lethal Weapons series of movies.

Folks can have the romantic comedies. Give me a good action flick any day. Blood and gore and blowem up. My kinda movie.

Anyone caught the Walking Dead TV series. Jesus that rocks.

Is Statham the guy from the "Transporter" movies? He is delicious! I am with you, Claudette....the hell with the chick fliks. Blow some stuff UP and I'm happier.

Is Statham the guy from the "Transporter" movies? He is delicious! I am with you, Claudette....the hell with the chick fliks. Blow some stuff UP and I'm happier.

I always tell my wife that Die Hard is a romantic movie.

The guy ran through glass in his bare feet to save the woman he loved.
Then he kisses her while he is all sweaty and bloody and beaten up
Doesn't get more romantic than that

Last edited:
I think they're all funny. That's one reason I'm not a fan of John Wayne movies, or most westerns really. No humor.

I did sorta like the "Dirty Harry" movies. I think it was the times; we needed a bad ass cop hero after learning about such things as serial killers for the first time. And Clint Eastwood is still wonderful. "Gran Torino" blew me away completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're all funny. That's one reason I'm not a fan of John Wayne movies, or most westerns really. No humor.

I did sorta like the "Dirty Harry" movies. I think it was the times; we needed a bad ass cop hero after learning about such things as serial killers for the first time. And Clint Eastwood is still wonderful. "Gran Torino" blew me away completely.

Gran Torino was lame.

4 words:

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Willis is a damed fine actor.

He is also an actor who is more than willing to play caricature roles rather than serious characture roles because that simplitic caricatures are often the favorites in BIG BOX OFFICE films.

Most big box office films are cartoons for adults, rather than anything that demands in-depth character actors.

Last edited:
I like in End of Days where Arnold says to the Devil: "You're a fucking choir boy compared to mee!"

But hero movies, I liked the Rocky series and especially since he wrote them.

Currently it's uncool to like the Duke's movies so the pop culture generation thinks it doesn't like John Wayne movies. So predictable. Nobody but Duke Wayne could have played Ethan Edwards in "The Searchers" which high on the all time western list. Nobody could have played Sgt. Stryker in the "Sands of Iwo Jima" but Duke Wayne. There were some clunkers along the way like the twin movies with the same plot and characters. "Rio Bravo" with Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin and the other "Rio something with James Caan and Robert Mitchum. His last movie "The Shootist" was a gem of a movie.

Currently it's uncool to like the Duke's movies so the pop culture generation thinks it doesn't like John Wayne movies. So predictable. Nobody but Duke Wayne could have played Ethan Edwards in "The Searchers" which high on the all time western list. Nobody could have played Sgt. Stryker in the "Sands of Iwo Jima" but Duke Wayne. There were some clunkers along the way like the twin movies with the same plot and characters. "Rio Bravo" with Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin and the other "Rio something with James Caan and Robert Mitchum. His last movie "The Shootist" was a gem of a movie.

I've seen enough of John Wayne, he mighta been badass for his time, but in the context of holding bad, over time, he's a pussy nowadays.

Clint Eastwood's persona is alot more Badass than Wayne's.

Forum List

Back