Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques

I wish whomever wasi interviewing Herman Cain had pushed him on that point so that we could know one way or the other whether he meant it as EVERY news sources plus every message board and political blog seems to be taking it. If he did really mean it the way most are taking it, he is dead wrong and that will probably be a pretty big nail in his campaign coffin.

Muslims, despite their sociopolitical ideology, have as much right to free speech and, if anybody--Christian, Jew, Buddhist, et al--is allowed to build a place of worship, then so must the Muslims be allowed to build a place of worship. If the community wants no tax free religious properties in its borders, then it should be able to ban all however. It cannot single out only Muslim properties to ban. It cannot prevent ANY from the free exercise of their religion on their own private property, however, except when such exerise violates the civil law of the land. We surely don't want radical fundamentalist Christians stoning adulterers or Muslims stoning infidels anywhere despite such being written into their religious 'law'.

I also think any politician who proposed revoking the tax exemption for churches, synagogues, etc. would have a very short political career.

He did,I watched the broadcast,but the spin is in play immediately,Cain didn't help himself,poor explanation.Local municipality ban all kinds of stuff and organizations all the time.I for one would like to hear more of the locals complaints,,seeing as Cain is in support of them.

RW kooks hate freedom and the Constitution. This is nothing new.

Nothing new about stupid blanket statements ether.

I didn't make a blanket statement. In fact, I have no problem being labeled as a Goldwater Conservative.

I also admire paleo-cons, but let's be honest. Most Republicans are either statists, RINOs, social conservatives, neocons, and movement conservatives.

This is how rw kooks view the first amendment.
First_amendment_zone2.jpg

Do you want to try again?

Last edited:
Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques - FoxNews.com

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Cain said he came out against the Tennessee mosque after talking to members of that community. He said the site is "hallowed ground" to Murfreesboro residents and that they're concerned about "the intentions of trying to get Shariah law" -- the code governing conduct in Islamic societies.

"It's not just a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to," he said.

Asked whether any community should be able to prohibit a mosque, Cain said they should.

"They have the right to do that. That's not discriminating ... against that particular religion. That is an aspect of them building that mosque that doesn't get talked about," he said.

Cain comes off as a major moron here in my opinion. Thoughts USMB?

Shouldn't such a right apply to all religions? In a democracy, all rules and/or laws should be for everyone, so if mosques can be banned, why not synagogues and churches?

I wish whomever wasi interviewing Herman Cain had pushed him on that point so that we could know one way or the other whether he meant it as EVERY news sources plus every message board and political blog seems to be taking it. If he did really mean it the way most are taking it, he is dead wrong and that will probably be a pretty big nail in his campaign coffin.

Muslims, despite their sociopolitical ideology, have as much right to free speech and, if anybody--Christian, Jew, Buddhist, et al--is allowed to build a place of worship, then so must the Muslims be allowed to build a place of worship. If the community wants no tax free religious properties in its borders, then it should be able to ban all however. It cannot single out only Muslim properties to ban. It cannot prevent ANY from the free exercise of their religion on their own private property, however, except when such exerise violates the civil law of the land. We surely don't want radical fundamentalist Christians stoning adulterers or Muslims stoning infidels anywhere despite such being written into their religious 'law'.

I also think any politician who proposed revoking the tax exemption for churches, synagogues, etc. would have a very short political career.

He did,I watched the broadcast,but the spin is in play immediately,Cain didn't help himself,poor explanation.Local municipality ban all kinds of stuff and organizations all the time.I for one would like to hear more of the locals complaints,,seeing as Cain is in support of them.

I'm not so sure because I don't see Herman Cain as a stupid or prejudiced man and we have a very short sound bite to judge. But again, IF he did mean it, then he shows very poor judgment in what freedoms the Constitution does protect.

If he meant it in the same way that I oppose the proposed Mosque to be built in the shadow of Ground Zero, I would give him some wiggle room on this one. I don't oppose a mosque being built, however, but a mosque in that location would be inappropriate just as a Fundamentalist anti-abortion church would be 'in your face' building directly across the street from a Planned Parenthood Clinic or an adult bookstore going in across the street from the church. There are good reasons to oppose situations that intentionally invite angst and confrontation.

Last edited:
i didnt get the .....racism was different in the 50's cause it was based on skin color...while his is based on religion or as he tried to spin it......possible terrorist

How in the world can racism be based on religion? Is Caucasian a religion? Asian? African?

I find it funny that many of you are using the Constitution to support that mosques could be built with no opposition. The Constitution regulates the Federal Government and does not prevent a state from establishing their own laws. A state or local community could legally support a specific religion. I believe however, that all 50 states have adopted amendments in their own constitutions that mirror the same language of the 1st amendment. A State could establish itself as a christian, pagan, islamic, or other religious state if they so wished and they would not be in violation of the Constitution. I do find it interesting that when I wrote this response christian and pagan without being capitalized was fine, however, islamic not being capitalized set off a spelling error. Interesting why is that religion treated differently on these forums?

Um..completely and utterly incorrect.

These idiotic rants of his are the reason he will never get his parties nomination for president.

SunniBitch,

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET THE GALL TO INSULT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BAN MOSQUES WHEN ONE OF THE FIRST THING YOU FUCKING MUSLIMS DO IN THE COUNTRIES YOU CONTROL, LIKE SAUDI ARABIA, IS TO BAN OTHER PLACES OF WORSHIP LIKE CHURCHES, SYNAGOGUES, AND TEMPLES THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE COUNTRY ?!?!?

Not only that, you fucking Muslims, especially the "TRUE" Muslims who follow your fucking Qu'Ran concocted by the Historically Documented MASS MURDERER, THIEF, RAPIST & PEDOPHILIC RAPIST MOHAMNMED are ENEMIES of the World's populations because of the QU'RANIC FIRST DICTUM which according to your PSYCHO PROPHET MOHAMMED, clearly enunciated as THE MOST DICTUM TO SUPERCEDE ALL OTHERS is: "Make ISLAM the Caliphate of the World, preferably by word, by SWORD (caps mine) if necessary " !!!!!

Thus, with this First Instruction by your Fucking MOHAMMED any Muslim following his clearly spelled out FIRST INSTRUCTION is an arsehole with a BLOODTHIRSTY AGENDA !!!

The Mid East Imams, especially the Shiite Wahhabis are the most FANATICAL Muslim arseholes extant, followed by the almost equally oppressive Sunni arsehole Imams governing Iran !!!

Are the BILLION or more Muslims all bloodthirsty savages like the FANATICAL Wahhabi arseholes who, blackmailing the willing Saudi Royalty, finance ~ 95% of the Mosques in America ????

ANSWER: Fortunately, NO !!!

It might be reasonable to suppose that probably 1/2 (or more) of the fucking Muslims in the World, especially those outside the Mid East are either NOT "True" Muslims, ignorant of the FIRST DICTUM of the PSYCHO Mohammed, or choose, consciously, to reject Mohammed's barbaric "First Dictum".

The same may be true of the fucking Muslims in America ........ although that is doubtful because, as stated, ~95% of the fucking Muslims in America go to the aforesaid Mosques totally run by the FANATICAL WAHHABI ARSEHOLES !!!

Do these American Muslims pose a threat as our "ENEMY WITHIN" ?????

Answer: FUCK YES !!!!

Would ALL the fucking Muslims in America become bloodthirsty savages at a moment's notice ???

Answer: "FUCK NO !!!!. Most would, cowardly, sit on the sidelines HOPING that their bloodthirsty colleagues would do the "dirty" work.

So, OBVIOUSLY, the overwhelming majority of the fucking Muslims in America who attend these fucking Wahhabi Mosques, will, in all probability, just sit idly by, when enough of these FANATICAL Fucking Wahhabi-type Muslims reach critical mass, to FIRST start by transforming communities governed by Sharia Law.....as the first step. You can use as an example, England and some of the Scandinavian Countries WHERE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOODS ARE OFF LIMITS TO THE COUNTRY'S OWN CITIZENS BECAUSE OF THE FANATICAL MUSLIM POPULATION WITHIN THOSE COUNTRIES !!!!

And, guess what ?????

Our MONUMENTAL MARXIST FRAUD, RACIST, AND MUSLIM & ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PROTECTOR, OBUMMER not only has CAIR (Council on American Islam Relations)....an OBVIOUS Islamofascist Front created by two of the Hamas Leaders ....masquerading around as "The Voice of Moderate Islam" approved by Obummer and his Administration to teach our Governmental employees and MILITARY.....and have Obami Salaami's Head of Homeland Security, Janet Incompetano HIRE these Muslim Apparatchiks into the highest levels in her Administration.......but Obummer is NOW on record for INITIATING talks with the Muslim Brotherhood....the MOST VIRULENT AVOWED ........ I say, AVOWED ENEMY OF AMERICA !!!

To show you how ingrained the fucking Obamarrhoidal Administration is with our AVOWED MUSLIM ENEMY: Hellary's assistant in Mid East Affairs, and close "friend" is none other than Weanie Weiner's Muslim wife Humus, Humass (or whatever her name is) who is a member of the Muslim Sisterhood......as well as her mommy, one of the Big Shots in the Muslim Sisterhood, the gender counterpart of the Muslim Brotherhood who are the AVOWED SWORN ENEMIES OF AMERICA !!!

So, when Herman Cain states that he is for communities wanting to ban Mosques ????

I say THOUSANDS of BRAVOS and HOWLING HURRAHS for our FIRST BRAVE & PERCEPTIVE POLITICIAN to recognize America's ENEMY WITHIN" !!!!

Herman Cain is not only perceptive in this threat to our Nation, Cain is a foremost and established problem solver and has the true grasp of understanding the problems that are facing America in all the other areas.

Herman Cain for President !!!!

I love the way you intersperse those 4-letter words into your posts, it makes you seem so intelligent and articulate. It adds spice and interest to your posts which otherwise wouldn't be half as interesting. Keep up the good work.

As with Cain’s statement in violation of the Free Exercise Clause and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with regard to not hiring a Muslim to work in his administration, this too is clearly un-Constitutional and illegal.

In order for a jurisdiction to preempt citizens’ First Amendment rights, it must establish a compelling governmental interest justifying such a restriction.

Being ‘afraid of Muslims’ isn’t a compelling reason.

And again we see the hypocrisy of the right: advocating government excess and intrusion into the private lives of American citizens.

You mean like the left do to Christians?

Hypocrisy is never a good thing.

You forgot to document your example where a given jurisdiction forbade a Christian church being built for religious reasons, or the case law involved.

But I'm sick of the left defending Islam and slamming Christianity.

As most are sick of ignorant statements such as the above.

How do you know what "most" people are sick of, if you don't mind telling. Do you mean most people whom you have interviewed, most people whom you have grown up with, most people in this forum, or most people in the whole world?

Poor Christians once again playing the victim when they can't restrict other religions or force their religious beliefs on others

Forum List

Back