Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques

Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques - FoxNews.com

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Cain said he came out against the Tennessee mosque after talking to members of that community. He said the site is "hallowed ground" to Murfreesboro residents and that they're concerned about "the intentions of trying to get Shariah law" -- the code governing conduct in Islamic societies.

"It's not just a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to," he said.

Asked whether any community should be able to prohibit a mosque, Cain said they should.

"They have the right to do that. That's not discriminating ... against that particular religion. That is an aspect of them building that mosque that doesn't get talked about," he said.

Cain comes off as a major moron here in my opinion. Thoughts USMB?
Yes, the fool doesn't make sense.

i didnt get the .....racism was different in the 50's cause it was based on skin color...while his is based on religion or as he tried to spin it......possible terrorist

I'm not advocating what Cain said, but let's be clear here there is a huge difference. It's intellectually dishonest and very biased belief that modern Christianity has just as many violent and discriminatory members. The left loves to say things like that, but in reality there isn't one Islamic country that has any semblance of civil rights.

The separation of church and state is against Islam. Islam teaches that that is not possible. Even in those supposed Islamic secular nations have religious leaders, like Imams, as judges. Yes Shariah law.

I think Israel is the only country with an official religion. Could be wrong

You are.

Did you actually think about this as you typed it?

Islam comes from the Arabic verb 'aslama, which means "to give up, to desert, to surrender (to God/Allah)." Therefore those who obey the Qu'ran must submit all, everything, the whole country, the whole world to Islam. When a nation is primarily Islamic there is no true religious freedom. Other religions may be tolerated so long as they stay very low key, essentially out of sight, and as long as the adherents to such 'infidel' religions are respectful to Muhammed and Allah and obey the requirement of Islam when in public.

There is absolutely no official religion in Israel, though certainly the predominant religion is Judaism and Buddhists, Muslims, and Christians all practice their faiths openly and freely there.

i didnt get the .....racism was different in the 50's cause it was based on skin color...while his is based on religion or as he tried to spin it......possible terrorist

I'm not advocating what Cain said, but let's be clear here there is a huge difference. It's intellectually dishonest and very biased belief that modern Christianity has just as many violent and discriminatory members. The left loves to say things like that, but in reality there isn't one Islamic country that has any semblance of civil rights.

The separation of church and state is against Islam. Islam teaches that that is not possible. Even in those supposed Islamic secular nations have religious leaders, like Imams, as judges. Yes Shariah law.
And we too have religious leaders in our government.
Not saying that it is quite the same, but it is a truth none the less.

Funny innit? All this concern about mosque building? The entire congress gets up daily to say a prayer and obie doodle who is paid by the US taxpayer always says "God Bless The United States of America" but we aren't able to say a prayer in school and it's becoming increasingly difficult to have a creche at Christmas and to fly the American flag. What's up with all this bullshit doyathink?

Cain again argued that residents were objecting to "the fact that Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions."

Last edited:
Funny innit? All this concern about mosque building? The entire congress gets up daily to say a prayer and obie doodle who is paid by the US taxpayer always says "God Bless The United States of America" but we aren't able to say a prayer in school and it's becoming increasingly difficult to have a creche at Christmas and to fly the American flag. What's up with all this bullshit doyathink?

Cain again argued that residents were objecting to "the fact that Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions."

all religions have a set of laws.

I think Israel is the only country with an official religion. Could be wrong

You are.

Islam comes from the Arabic verb 'aslama, which means "to give up, to desert, to surrender (to God/Allah)." Therefore those who obey the Qu'ran must submit all, everything, the whole country, the whole world to Islam. When a nation is primarily Islamic there is no true religious freedom. Other religions may be tolerated so long as they stay very low key, essentially out of sight, and as long as the adherents to such 'infidel' religions are respectful to Muhammed and Allah and obey the requirement of Islam when in public.

There is absolutely no official religion in Israel, though certainly the predominant religion is Judaism and Buddhists, Muslims, and Christians all practice their faiths openly and freely there.

So, Christians don't surrender everything to God and do everything he says?

That has more to do with history and culture, rather than religion.

This doesn’t even make any sense.

You are.

Both Christianity and Judaism have laws that require adherents to submit to the laws of the land (within reason), eg, 'Give to Caesar...'

Arguably, all educated societies will make the appropriate ethical decisions (or so said Jefferson).

We have the Constitution and a government that makes laws. They have sharia and men to interpret it. They're not necessarily antithetical to each other. They're just different.

They're both systems of law that are based on ethics and national prosperity.

We just see things differently.

Last edited:

Both Christianity and Judaism have laws that require adherents to submit to the laws of the land (within reason), eg, 'Give to Caesar...'

Arguably, all educated societies will make the appropriate ethical decisions (or so said Jefferson).

We have the Constitution and a government that makes laws. They have sharia and men to interpret it. They're not necessarily antithetical to each other. They're just different.

So Christians don't submit to God at all?

So Christians don't submit to God at all?

Sure they do but it's a matter of their faith and how they respond to it. There is nothing in the Christian faith, however, that requires anybody else to submit to God's law as the Christian understands it and nobody is punished if they break God's law unless it is also criminal or civil law as well. (Yes I know it was different in Europe but that's why we have a USA where nobody has the right to dictate religion or religious behavior to another.) Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, everybody has the right to have the biggest house of worship in town if they want it, put a big sign out front to identify it, advertise activities as much as they want, and try to persuade others to join them.

That is not the case in ANY predominantly Muslim country.

Sounds like Mr. Cain is a tad bit ignorant on the First Amendment.

I don't think so. what he pointed out was the religion was the same as the law and here in AMERICA we have a seperation of church and state..

I'm not sure what part of that confuses you.

DTMB,

First, in view of the First Dictum of Islam, by the Historically Documented MASS MURDERER, THIEF, RAPIST & PEDOPHILIC RAPIST MOHAMMED, Islam is obviously synonymous with bloodthirsty Fascism in it's agenda to control the World through SAVAGE FORCE: Torture and Murder....if necessary.

Second, not only that, while Fascism and Communism are brutal in their execution (pun intended), Fascism doesn't treat its women as donkeys, or simply objects to be fucked.

Finally, let me remind you that our Constitution protects us Americans from our AVOWED ENEMIES....and the fucking MUSLIMS ARE OUR OUR AVOWED ENEMIES........WITH WHOM (whether YOU recognize it or not) we are engaged in ACTIVE WARS !!!

I'm not sure what parts of all that confuses you.

Last edited:

A Christian can pray wherever and whenever they want. Forcing children to pray in school is wrong. When I am in America it is almost sickening to see how many flags are flown. What is your point here?

Feel free to not come back, like EVER. But, while you're here, it'd please us no end if you just kept your mouth shut.

The America that I grew up in guaranteed you freedom of speech. A popular saying was 'I might not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it'. That America is gone, thanks to the likes of you. I still have an apartment and studio in New York City, and I say whatever I want when I am there, despite anti Americans like you.

A Christian can pray wherever and whenever they want. Forcing children to pray in school is wrong. When I am in America it is almost sickening to see how many flags are flown. What is your point here?

Feel free to not come back, like EVER. But, while you're here, it'd please us no end if you just kept your mouth shut.

The America that I grew up in guaranteed you freedom of speech. A popular saying was 'I might not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it'. That America is gone, thanks to the likes of you. I still have an apartment and studio in New York City, and I say whatever I want when I am there, despite anti Americans like you.

It's well within her 1st A rights to tell you to stfu and gtfo.

I don't think so. what he pointed out was the religion was the same as the law and here in AMERICA we have a seperation of church and state..

I'm not sure what part of that confuses you.

DTMB,

First, in view of the First Dictum of Islam, by the Historically Documented MASS MURDERER, THIEF, RAPIST & PEDOPHILIC RAPIST MOHAMMED, Islam is obviously synonymous with bloodthirsty Fascism in it's agenda to control the World through SAVAGE FORCE: Torture and Murder....if necessary.

Second, not only that, while Fascism and Communism are brutal in their execution (pun intended), Fascism doesn't treat its women as donkeys, or simply objects to be fucked.

Finally, let me remind you that our Constitution protects us Americans from our AVOWED ENEMIES....and the fucking MUSLIMS ARE OUR OUR AVOWED ENEMIES........WITH WHOM (whether YOU recognize it or not) we are engaged in ACTIVE WARS !!!

I'm not sure what parts of all that confuses you.

Funny, I thought we were at war with Afghanistan, had some troops in Iraq, and are flying some drone missions in Libya to help protect rebels against a tyrannical ruler who threatened genocide against his own people....

But it's really a war against Islam? Wow...you got anything to prove that other than your own hatred, ignorance and paranoia?

Forum List

Back