Your wagers on the game of chicken

Sep 12, 2008
I think this whole charade is beyond stupid, but we have been lead into this swamp, and now there is no clear way out.

What do you think will happen in Obama's and Congress' game of chicken?

My personal view is it wil go to August 1st. and Obama will fold.

Place your bets here on which way this farce will play out.

I think this whole charade is beyond stupid, but we have been lead into this swamp, and now there is no clear way out.

I really don't know which way it will go. I don't think it even matters anymore. I mean, hell...why not crash and burn with style? It's not as if a there's a world bankruptcy court to tell us that our charges since this situation are in-valid.

And, as that is exactly what we seem to be doing, then godammit, do something about Sudan.

We are broke, the world knows it, and our credit is shot whether the rating stays the same or goes down.

Obama will fold because he doesn't want to cancel his $35,800 per person campaign fund raising birthday bash in Chicago on August 3rd.

Nor does he want to be blamed for outing the fact that the Social Security Lock Box is full of IOUs and moths.

My prediction: The GOP will adopt the Krauthammer strategy of calling Obama's Bluff with a few months of debt ceiling relief accompanied by an equivalent level of spending cuts. The House will pass it...as will the Senate (again, calling their bluff).

The Dems control the White House and the Senate. The MSM will do the heavy lifting of trying to blame the GOP for a government shut down, and a certain number of moonbats and the gullible will fall for it. But at the end of the day, Obama owns the economy and a shut down...and he is No Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
Obama will have to fold.

Because the other side has nothing to lose.

So there is no need for them to give in. :cool:

I would think a 100 million votes lost, would be a significant reason for the right to cave.

Do you think I would vote for the right if they cut off my benefits, foreclosed on my property, bankrupt me, ruined my credit score and defaulted on other credit?:eusa_angel:

Obama will have to fold.

I would think a 100 million votes lost, would be a significant reason for the right to cave.

Do you think I would vote for the right if they cut off my benefits, foreclosed on my property, bankrupt me, ruined my credit score and defaulted on other credit?:eusa_angel:

Ultimately, the buck stops with Obama.

And he will be the one who takes the heat not the Republicans.

Even if in reality they are the cause.

"Charade"? If it wasn't for the GOP majority in congress we wouldn't even be talking about spending. Democrats would have continued down the road to ruin borrowing from our great-grandkids to finance new federal bureaucracies. They would lie to us just like the chairman of the House Banking committee did when he was supposed to supervise Fannie Mae and told us it was doing fine while it was on the verge of collapse. As far as the game of "chicken" goes the democrat will always have the advantage of unquestioned support by most of the media but Americans are better informed than they were during the good old days of Cronkite and Rather liberal propaganda.

Obama will have to fold.

Ultimately, the buck stops with Obama.

And he will be the one who takes the heat not the Republicans.

Even if in reality they are the cause.

I disagree. He is following a long held tradition of increasing the debt limit to prevent default. And he has the bucks to advertise his views. Those hurt by the right will know the right stuck them. It is quite clear by the righty opposition that supports the Obamian view point, the right radicals are in deep stuff.

Republicans have a history of caving and until they do otherwise I would bet money they cave this time too.

You need to step back and look at it rationally and logically.

The left and Democrats will blame the Republicans.

And the Republicans will blame Obama

That's just how it is. :cool:

"Charade"? If it wasn't for the GOP majority in congress we wouldn't even be talking about spending. Democrats would have continued down the road to ruin borrowing from our great-grandkids to finance new federal bureaucracies. They would lie to us just like the chairman of the House Banking committee did when he was supposed to supervise Fannie Mae and told us it was doing fine while it was on the verge of collapse. As far as the game of "chicken" goes the democrat will always have the advantage of unquestioned support by most of the media but Americans are better informed than they were during the good old days of Cronkite and Rather liberal propaganda.

LMAO! Yes, if it weren't for the GOP we would still be headed down the Clinton road of prosperity. Thank you for noting that............... There would have been no need to bail out wall street & corporations & banks. 911 would have been a police action, and never occurred anyway. Yes, if it just wasn't for the GOP.:lol::lol:

I have seen too many signs that those who are opposing the Obama Administration lunacy are perfectly ready and prepared to cave in right at the crucial moment. Those schmucks seem pre-destined to snatch their own defeat from the jaws of their imminent victory.

What I HOPE to see is that President Obama beats them to the fold and chickens out first.

But I am not sure it is a safe bet to ignore precedent and wager on the side of steadfastness in a Party that has to deal with the likes of Lindsay Graham.

Gee let's think about it.

Who really has the most to lose if the economy collapses?

Those that are making money in this economy, or those who are going bankrupt in this economy?

Now obviously those 77 million Americans who are getting checks directly from the FEDs will feel the effect immediately.

But what happens in 30 days when those millions of families are not paying their bills to the banks, their creditors, and they're no longer buying food, or filling up their tanks?

Who REALLY has the MOST to lose, folks?

Those for whom this system gives them practically nothing, or those for whom this system is laying golden eggs?

Gee let's think about it.

Who really has the most to lose if the economy collapses?

Those that are making money in this economy, or those who are going bankrupt in this economy?

Now obviously those 77 million Americans who are getting checks directly from the FEDs will feel the effect immediately.

But what happens in 30 days when those millions of families are not paying their bills to the banks, their creditors, and they're no longer buying food, or filling up their tanks?

Who REALLY has the MOST to lose, folks?

Those for whom this system gives them practically nothing, or those for whom this system is laying golden eggs?

Refusing to continue with the absurd crap that got us into this mess is NOT going to collapse the economy. Continuing down the same path that got us here will.

You can't get to rational conclusions when you premise your "thoughts" on irrational and untrue suppositions as you do.

actually it will be that neither fold. Because everyone seems to be missing out on what is really happening here. The house keeps passing bi-partisan bills that the senate doesn't even vote on because they would immediately be shot down. In the end the republicans in the house will pass another bi-partisan bill trying to pin it on Obama and calling his bluff, but it wont even get to him as the senate will shoot it down.
Make sure you are all ready, the second recession begins on August 3rd.

Forum List

Back