Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques

As with Cain’s statement in violation of the Free Exercise Clause and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with regard to not hiring a Muslim to work in his administration, this too is clearly un-Constitutional and illegal.

In order for a jurisdiction to preempt citizens’ First Amendment rights, it must establish a compelling governmental interest justifying such a restriction.

Being ‘afraid of Muslims’ isn’t a compelling reason.

And again we see the hypocrisy of the right: advocating government excess and intrusion into the private lives of American citizens.

You mean like the left do to Christians?

Hypocrisy is never a good thing.

You forgot to document your example where a given jurisdiction forbade a Christian church being built for religious reasons, or the case law involved.

But I'm sick of the left defending Islam and slamming Christianity.

As most are sick of ignorant statements such as the above.

Islam is ‘slammed’ when it fails to comport to Constitutional case law; Christianity supported when it does.

For the record, I think Cain is wrong.

But I'm sick of the left defending Islam and slamming Christianity.

proof?

You're not allowed to force children to pray Christian prayers. That clearly makes them oppressed.

Well if ya got a heart beat,and your most of your senses work,you don't need proof,its is obvious is the day is long.

Denying this is well ether your senses don't work or your just plan in denial and willing to lie.

Funny innit? All this concern about mosque building? The entire congress gets up daily to say a prayer and obie doodle who is paid by the US taxpayer always says "God Bless The United States of America" but we aren't able to say a prayer in school and it's becoming increasingly difficult to have a creche at Christmas and to fly the American flag. What's up with all this bullshit doyathink?

Funny innit? All this concern about mosque building? The entire congress gets up daily to say a prayer and obie doodle who is paid by the US taxpayer always says "God Bless The United States of America" but we aren't able to say a prayer in school and it's becoming increasingly difficult to have a creche at Christmas and to fly the American flag. What's up with all this bullshit doyathink?

It doesn't seem to be helping.

Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques - FoxNews.com

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Cain said he came out against the Tennessee mosque after talking to members of that community. He said the site is "hallowed ground" to Murfreesboro residents and that they're concerned about "the intentions of trying to get Shariah law" -- the code governing conduct in Islamic societies.

"It's not just a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to," he said.

Asked whether any community should be able to prohibit a mosque, Cain said they should.

"They have the right to do that. That's not discriminating ... against that particular religion. That is an aspect of them building that mosque that doesn't get talked about," he said.

Cain comes off as a major moron here in my opinion. Thoughts USMB?

Sounds like Mr. Cain is a tad bit ignorant on the First Amendment.

Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques - FoxNews.com

Presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday defended his opposition to a new mosque in Tennessee, expressing concern about Shariah law and declaring Americans "have the right" to ban mosques in their communities.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Cain said he came out against the Tennessee mosque after talking to members of that community. He said the site is "hallowed ground" to Murfreesboro residents and that they're concerned about "the intentions of trying to get Shariah law" -- the code governing conduct in Islamic societies.

"It's not just a mosque for religious purposes. This is what the people are objecting to," he said.

Asked whether any community should be able to prohibit a mosque, Cain said they should.

"They have the right to do that. That's not discriminating ... against that particular religion. That is an aspect of them building that mosque that doesn't get talked about," he said.

Cain comes off as a major moron here in my opinion. Thoughts USMB?

Sounds like Mr. Cain is a tad bit ignorant on the First Amendment.

I don't think so. what he pointed out was the religion was the same as the law and here in AMERICA we have a seperation of church and state..

Headline: "Conservative" wants to abridge Free Exercise Clause, Free Speech

If Cain had also argued that communities could take their Muslims' firearms, he'd have violated the entire conservative Holy Trinity of Constitutional rights.

A Christian can pray wherever and whenever they want. Forcing children to pray in school is wrong. When I am in America it is almost sickening to see how many flags are flown. What is your point here?

A Christian can pray wherever and whenever they want. Forcing children to pray in school is wrong. When I am in America it is almost sickening to see how many flags are flown. What is your point here?

Feel free to not come back, like EVER. But, while you're here, it'd please us no end if you just kept your mouth shut.

Forum List

Back