Here's what I would do re: the media if I were Trump

CNN even made a disgusting freaking joke about Trump's plane crashing. The 1st Amendment right of the press is absolute so it's up to the public to show their displeasure with these arrogant jerks.

The best way to do that would be to not watch, cut off the eyeballs. 'Course, americans won't do that, we'll continue to participate and caterwaul about it.
One of these days I want you to propose a solution instead of simply slamming the US press/media. I realize what you say is true, but it doesn't help solve the problem in the least. It is all we've got and some fringe-right types want to shut down most of that. This COULD get serious, if people keep this shit up. It may be too late already. It truly frightens me that so many Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isn't polishing Trump's shine and they actually feel it deserves banning. I'll fight that forever.

I don't see it as slamming the media, to merely call it out for what it is, and what it is, is under corporate control just like the political system. I think I've made it pretty clear, I do not believe this system is going to be altered or shifted in terms of who it, the system/power structure, answers to and serves by playing by the rules the system set up to protect and propagate itself.

All power must be constantly opposed or it over times advances the reach of what it controls. American govt is no different from any other govt in that regard. “Power concedes nothing without first a demand.” That doesn’t change. We now “enjoy” a system in which concentrated corporate power and wealth has merged with/taken over the economic system, the political system, and the mass media machinery.

“It is all we've got and some fringe-right types want to shut down most of that. This COULD get serious, if people keep this shit up. It may be too late already. It truly frightens me that so many Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isn't polishing Trump's shine and they actually feel it deserves banning. I'll fight that forever.”

It already is serious, they already have shut most of it down, and it is already too late. I applaud your fight, mine is just in another direction. We are in the early stages of a radical proto fascist authoritarian nationalist push.

“Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[7] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[7] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[8][9][10][11] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[12]

Fascism - Wikipedia

As long as all americans are prepared to do is vote and go back home to complain, I don’t see the societal trajectory being altered. We will continue to swirl down the shitter as a society as the substantial people have us all clawing at each other over dwindling job opportunities in an economic system based upon a colonial wealth extraction model.

Here's
And Trump clearly, and very disgustingly, mocked the reporter's disability without cause.

no he didn't - I am not saying that Trump has not said outrageous things, but he did not mock that guy for being handicapped, and most members of the media know it

Trump has made those same gesture on several occasions to mock folks being flustered as they change their story - he used the same gestures & voice inflections when speaking about Ted Cruz

Again, there are plenty of things that Trump has said and done that he deserves to be called out on, but mocking the reporter for being handicapped is not one of them - he never did that.

LINK to video on facebook - I am sure this is from a source that you won't like, but the facts are the facts - shows Trump using those same gestures to describe a flustered person changing their story at least twice

No problem with the source; I watched the vid. If the two other times Trump used those gestures were BEFORE he mocked the disabled reporter, I'd be willing to entertain the argument, at least partially. HOWEVER, it was very clear to me from seeing what Trump did that he WAS mocking the reporter's disability, as well as mocking him being flustered. The other two examples were far briefer, didn't go on and on with the "retarded" tone of voice, and probably happened after the uproar, in a sly attempt to demonstrate he wasn't mocking the reporter. I know that's a little cynical on my part, but anyone who could buy that he wasn't mocking that guy's disability is REALLY desperate to like Trump.

Can't be done because of the 1st amendment. Put # 1for a reason.
He went around them by using youtube.
Brilliant move thought by some. :)

so the 1st amendment guarantees anyone with any type of press credentials gets automatic access to the White House?

link?

y'all talk about fascism, but have no interest in combating it when the press is fawning over democrats...
Fawning over democrats? :rofl: they didn't give any positive free press on Hillary, the only time she made the news was talk about the server, and wikileaks of the DNC hacks, and Comey and the server again, and Bill meeting with the DA on the tarmac, and the Podesta hacks and wikileaks, and whether she was sick and dying or not, and what donald trump said about her and falsely accused her of....and the Clinton Foundation....

CAN YOU LIST one POSITIVE that he media ever reported on her....? Did they cover her plans....did they cover her stances and how she had planned to accomplish them? No, they did NOT.

Holy shit lib, wow. :laugh:
Holy crud Con, can YOU list the positive coverage the press did on Hillary? Can you? Wow! :lol:

The entire MSM reported when Comey said Hillary was in the clear after reviewing the Weiner emails. There I tossed you a bone. :badgrin:
they HAD to report it, so did FOX, and ALL the right wing web sites....and whoop dee do, they reported the news...wow, how terrible! Sure didn't help much, just 2 days before the election when all they covered for the 9 days previously, was 24/7 on Comey saying the investigation was reopened in to Hillary's/Huma's and a sex predator's emails emails....

TRY AGAIN,

was there ANY positive coverage on Hillary by the mainstream media?

so the 1st amendment guarantees anyone with any type of press credentials gets automatic access to the White House?

link?

y'all talk about fascism, but have no interest in combating it when the press is fawning over democrats...
Fawning over democrats? :rofl: they didn't give any positive free press on Hillary, the only time she made the news was talk about the server, and wikileaks of the DNC hacks, and Comey and the server again, and Bill meeting with the DA on the tarmac, and the Podesta hacks and wikileaks, and whether she was sick and dying or not, and what donald trump said about her and falsely accused her of....and the Clinton Foundation....

CAN YOU LIST one POSITIVE that he media ever reported on her....? Did they cover her plans....did they cover her stances and how she had planned to accomplish them? No, they did NOT.

Holy shit lib, wow. :laugh:
Holy crud Con, can YOU list the positive coverage the press did on Hillary? Can you? Wow! :lol:

The entire MSM reported when Comey said Hillary was in the clear after reviewing the Weiner emails. There I tossed you a bone. :badgrin:
they HAD to report it, so did FOX, and ALL the right wing web sites....and whoop dee do, they reported the news...wow, how terrible! Sure didn't help much, just 2 days before the election when all they covered for the 9 days previously, was 24/7 on Comey saying the investigation was reopened in to Hillary's/Huma's and a sex predator's emails emails....

TRY AGAIN,

was there ANY positive coverage on Hillary by the mainstream media?

Its not like we haven't swift boated a Dem before you had to know this was coming.

I know that's a little cynical on my part, but anyone who could buy that he wasn't mocking that guy's disability is REALLY desperate to like Trump.

the Ted Cruz incident was way before (happened really early in the election during the primaries), the other one, I don't know

I did not support Trump in the primaries and again, I get it that he has said some outrageous things that he deserves criticism for, I was always more #NeverHillary...

I also believe that his son is autistic (high functioning, like my 6 year old daughter); the video I linked is what changed my mind because I thought he had made fun of the disability before I saw that video. I have a hard time believing that he is OK with mocking the disabled & with the likelihood that there is something to the "Barron is autistic" claims; I just don't buy it.

Off topic, but IF Barron does have some kind of special needs, that puts Melania's insistence to stay in NYC in a whole new light, especially if she has her boy plugged into some programs that she is comfortable & happy with...

CNN even made a disgusting freaking joke about Trump's plane crashing. The 1st Amendment right of the press is absolute so it's up to the public to show their displeasure with these arrogant jerks.

The best way to do that would be to not watch, cut off the eyeballs. 'Course, americans won't do that, we'll continue to participate and caterwaul about it.
One of these days I want you to propose a solution instead of simply slamming the US press/media. I realize what you say is true, but it doesn't help solve the problem in the least. It is all we've got and some fringe-right types want to shut down most of that. This COULD get serious, if people keep this shit up. It may be too late already. It truly frightens me that so many Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isn't polishing Trump's shine and they actually feel it deserves banning. I'll fight that forever.

I don't see it as slamming the media, to merely call it out for what it is, and what it is, is under corporate control just like the political system. I think I've made it pretty clear, I do not believe this system is going to be altered or shifted in terms of who it, the system/power structure, answers to and serves by playing by the rules the system set up to protect and propagate itself.

All power must be constantly opposed or it over times advances the reach of what it controls. American govt is no different from any other govt in that regard. “Power concedes nothing without first a demand.” That doesn’t change. We now “enjoy” a system in which concentrated corporate power and wealth has merged with/taken over the economic system, the political system, and the mass media machinery.

“It is all we've got and some fringe-right types want to shut down most of that. This COULD get serious, if people keep this shit up. It may be too late already. It truly frightens me that so many Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isn't polishing Trump's shine and they actually feel it deserves banning. I'll fight that forever.”

It already is serious, they already have shut most of it down, and it is already too late. I applaud your fight, mine is just in another direction. We are in the early stages of a radical proto fascist authoritarian nationalist push.

“Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[7] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[7] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[8][9][10][11] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[12]

Fascism - Wikipedia

As long as all americans are prepared to do is vote and go back home to complain, I don’t see the societal trajectory being altered. We will continue to swirl down the shitter as a society as the substantial people have us all clawing at each other over dwindling job opportunities in an economic system based upon a colonial wealth extraction model.
We are in the early stages of a radical proto fascist authoritarian nationalist push.
Yes. I see the shadows of that deepening every day. The only whispers I hear about it are from the media, though -- the one you say is already dead and gone to total corporate control. So I hope it isn't really too late. I have never heard of the "left" wanting a fascist authoritarian nationalist government; maybe all the ducks aren't in a row yet.
Do you live in a bunker with a great number of guns and rocket launchers, waiting for the day? What fight can there be but our vote and our ability to keep thinking and talking about it?

Fascism - Wikipedia

We are in the early stages of a radical proto fascist authoritarian nationalist push.
Yes. I see the shadows of that deepening every day. The only whispers I hear about it are from the media, though -- the one you say is already dead and gone to total corporate control. So I hope it isn't really too late. I have never heard of the "left" wanting a fascist authoritarian nationalist government; maybe all the ducks aren't in a row yet.
Do you live in a bunker with a great number of guns and rocket launchers, waiting for the day? What fight can there be but our vote and our ability to keep thinking and talking about it?

I don't see any "left" left in reality. Noncooperation, nonparticipation, civil disobedience. I'm not saying NO ONE is talking about this in "the media", but it is no longer the practicing function of what passes for media in america now; to hold power accountable. It exists to push the corporate state peceptual reality.

"Do you live in a bunker with a great number of guns and rocket launchers, waiting for the day? What fight can there be but our vote and our ability to keep thinking and talking about it?"

I don't believe I've criticized your approach, for you. We will all have to resist in our own way. The only way to do this is in the aggregate. United. That's why the machine always seeks division and attempts to keep the masses seething at one another. Also aided and abetted by this new media paradigm.

Last edited:
I know that's a little cynical on my part, but anyone who could buy that he wasn't mocking that guy's disability is REALLY desperate to like Trump.

the Ted Cruz incident was way before (happened really early in the election during the primaries), the other one, I don't know

I did not support Trump in the primaries and again, I get it that he has said some outrageous things that he deserves criticism for, I was always more #NeverHillary...

I also believe that his son is autistic (high functioning, like my 6 year old daughter); the video I linked is what changed my mind because I thought he had made fun of the disability before I saw that video. I have a hard time believing that he is OK with mocking the disabled & with the likelihood that there is something to the "Barron is autistic" claims; I just don't buy it.

Off topic, but IF Barron does have some kind of special needs, that puts Melania's insistence to stay in NYC in a whole new light, especially if she has her boy plugged into some programs that she is comfortable & happy with...
As far as Barron, yes it would make sense. The last thing an autistic kid can cope with is transitions. If that's the case, they should just explain it. Autism is such a common diagnosis these days that it certainly wouldn't be a big stigma, would it? Maybe I'm matter of fact about it because as a teacher, I've dealt with plenty of folks on that spectrum. But I'll bet most people know someone with autism or "Aspbergers" these days.

You haven't sold me on the other, though. Trump doesn't mock the disabled unless a disabled individual pisses him off. Then all bets are off. He doesn't do it because he's got anything against people with disabilities--he takes advantage of people's weaknesses when he defends his fragile ego. This one was disabled and he used it. Most of us have a "censor" switch that keeps that in the "don't use" category, particularly on stage with millions of people watching. But hey, He's about to be our President and I'd just as soon forget a lot of that trash and hope he has learned to keep his mouth shut. It's been awhile since he said anything really nasty. We'll see.

As far as Barron, yes it would make sense. The last thing an autistic kid can cope with is transitions. If that's the case, they should just explain it. Autism is such a common diagnosis these days that it certainly wouldn't be a big stigma, would it? Maybe I'm matter of fact about it because as a teacher, I've dealt with plenty of folks on that spectrum. But I'll bet most people know someone with autism or "Aspbergers" these days.

You haven't sold me on the other, though. Trump doesn't mock the disabled unless a disabled individual pisses him off. Then all bets are off. He doesn't do it because he's got anything against people with disabilities--he takes advantage of people's weaknesses when he defends his fragile ego. This one was disabled and he used it. Most of us have a "censor" switch that keeps that in the "don't use" category, particularly on stage with millions of people watching. But hey, He's about to be our President and I'd just as soon forget a lot of that trash and hope he has learned to keep his mouth shut. It's been awhile since he said anything really nasty. We'll see.

He can't turn that off, it's who he is, and why many voted for him, they're like that as well. Watch.

Fascism - Wikipedia

I don't see any "left" left in reality. Noncooperation, nonparticipation, civil disobedience. I'm not saying NO ONE is talking about this in "the media", but it is no longer the practicing function of what passes for media in america now; to hold power accountable. It exists to push the corporate state peceptual reality.

"Do you live in a bunker with a great number of guns and rocket launchers, waiting for the day? What fight can there be but our vote and our ability to keep thinking and talking about it?"

I don't believe I've criticized your approach, for you. We will all have to resist in our own way. The only way to do this is in the aggregate. United. That's why the machine always seeks division and attempts to keep the masses seething at one another. Also aided and abetted by this new media paradigm.
Fenton, I did not mean to criticize your approach--I was asking an honest question. I know no other ways to fight what you describe.
There are many, many--oh, so many--people whose hearts are still in the right place, who are reasonable and want to see compromise and cooperation.
Very interesting.

Fascism - Wikipedia

Fenton, I did not mean to criticize your approach--I was asking an honest question. I know no other ways to fight what you describe.
There are many, many--oh, so many--people whose hearts are still in the right place, who are reasonable and want to see compromise and cooperation.
Very interesting.

That's all this will take, the many, many--oh, so many--people whose hearts are still in the right place, who are reasonable and want to see compromise and cooperation coming togther. That is what the power structure fears most.

He can't turn that off, it's who he is, and why many voted for him, they're like that as well. Watch.
You're right, he can't change--he's a full blown narcissist. A lot of people are just rude. There's a big difference.

You're right, he can't change--he's a full blown narcissist. A lot of people are just rude. There's a big difference.

A narcissist who is also a sociopath. That is what makes a reality tv personality. In many ways this will be fun to watch.

The first target of any fascist regime is to attempt to control the media and thus the public narrative.

So the collusion with the Press by the administration and the DNC was in fact a Fascist tactic? Odd that you would admit it. Refreshing but odd.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
You make the mistake of thinking that I approve of shenanigans like that. I didn't, not even a little bit but please continue to use it as an excuse for Trump to openly attempt it. Guaranteed he will use press access as a weapon and you will find nothing at all wrong with that.

Freedom of the Press means they can write anything they want. It doesn't mean they are entitled to unrestricted access to anyone they want. That was true when President Obama ignored Fox News and it's still true. No one is entitled to be admitted to the Press Room. They are reporters, not royalty and not deities. Everyone has the right to refuse to talk to them.

If Trump prefers to do tweets or facebook video it's his choice. The Press is free to write any damn thing they want. They don't have to be in the Press room to report. They can do a stand up with the White House in the background and call Trump a nazi fascist just as easily.

Freedom of the Press means they can report on anything they want. It doesn't mean anyone has to talk to them.

Ah, the dreams of the Alt-Right.
Better not happen, buddy. Not any of it. The press is all we've got to keep our leaders in line. Without them we wouldn't know shit, and if you think the Republican/Trump administration is going to be any more pristine than the last one, you are sorely mistaken.
Laura would be fine as press secretary--she's clear, precise and no bullshit. No one gets banned, though. They all get their chance to talk and share their perspective. I listened to Obama et al get bashed for 8 years and you guys can damned well tolerate the criticism, too.

Funny how the media didn't worry about the importance of their role when they decided to shit can it, in favor of being an arm of the democratic party.

If you have a problem with their loss of status, take it up with them and their behavior.

First thing I would do would be to revoke CNN's White House access & not allow them to have a representative in the White House press pool. We know for a fact that CNN colluded with the Democrat Party & the Clinton campaign; so that network no longer has any journalistic credibility.

I would follow up by letting the media know that ALL 65 "journalists" that were on the wikileaks list, the ones we know colluded with the Clinton campaign & could be trusted to help shape the democrat narrative, would be banned from the WGite House. No exceptions.

Lastly - I would have THREE press secretaries; Kellyanne Conway (and have her be in charge); Laura Ingraham and Milo Yiannopoulos.

On good days, when the media was behaving, they would get Kellyanne.

On Normal day, when they are just sniping and telling minor lies, Laura would come out (this would be 70 - 80% of the time.

And on REALLY bad days when they are being outrageous with their lies, they would have to deal with the dangerous faggot...

Mainstream-Meda-1.jpg
Link to collusion? Fox IS the GOP. lol

Better not happen, buddy. Not any of it. The press is all we've got to keep our leaders in line. Without them we wouldn't know shit, and if you think the Republican/Trump administration is going to be any more pristine than the last one, you are sorely mistaken.
Laura would be fine as press secretary--she's clear, precise and no bullshit. No one gets banned, though. They all get their chance to talk and share their perspective. I listened to Obama et al get bashed for 8 years and you guys can damned well tolerate the criticism, too.

Funny how the media didn't worry about the importance of their role when they decided to shit can it, in favor of being an arm of the democratic party.

If you have a problem with their loss of status, take it up with them and their behavior.
BS. They loved BSing about the horrors of the e-mails... and always had those Trump liars on...

Can't be done because of the 1st amendment. Put # 1for a reason.
He went around them by using youtube.
Brilliant move thought by some. :)

link?

CAN YOU LIST one POSITIVE that the media ever reported on her....? Did they cover her plans....did they cover her stances and how she had planned to accomplish them? No, they did NOT.

What election were you watching? Every talking head stressed that Hillary was the most qualified candidate in history. Even President Obama said so. Is Hillary Clinton the ‘most experienced’ presidential candidate in history?

Every interview said Trump would never win.

From before Hillary officially announced through Election Day the tone of the reports were similar. Hillary was the most qualified candidate in history. It wasn't a nomination so much as a coronation.

Commentary: The Most Qualified Candidate For President In Our Lifetime

Like the executives in the old joke you are left wondering what happened. You had the best packaging. The greatest jingle do dog food. The greatest ad campaign in history. Only one thing stopped them and you. The dogs didn't like it.

BS. They loved BSing about the horrors of the e-mails... and always had those Trump liars on...

upload_2016-12-4_20-14-53.jpeg

Forum List

Back