Here's How Arabs INTEROGATE People....

Ah yes. The chorus of the Conservatives that love torture. What a bunch of Jesus loving Christians. Would Christ have prefered to waterboard, or just go directly to slamming their faces into walls?

You people are amazing in your lack of morality and common sense. But that is all right. 60 Dem Senators now, 70+ after 2010. Just keep thinking and talking like whacked out bozos.

Case in point.

I find it perplexing that we are so quick to condemn Israel and the US for questionable..not even over-the-top....activities, but nobody ever gets all worked up over the way the Arab world treats prisoners, women and abductees.

I'd have to disagree with you. It is not that we don't care or get worked up over the way they behave, they just don't care, won't listen and most of them don't speak our language anyway, so why bother?

As for the point of discussion, I think I have already made my point of view known on this subject. I am a conservative AND I oppose torturing the enemy for several reasons.

I respect the views of those that disagree with me, but I simply am of the belief that we lose when we stoop to their level. When we give up our principles, we lose.

I don't want to see another 9/11 in my lifetime, but I sure as hell do not want to live like those bastards in the Middle East!

Immie

I find it perplexing that we are so quick to condemn Israel and the US for questionable..not even over-the-top....activities, but nobody ever gets all worked up over the way the Arab world treats prisoners, women and abductees.

I'd have to disagree with you. It is not that we don't care or get worked up over the way they behave, they just don't care, won't listen and most of them don't speak our language anyway, so why bother?

As for the point of discussion, I think I have already made my point of view known on this subject. I am a conservative AND I oppose torturing the enemy for several reasons.

I respect the views of those that disagree with me, but I simply am of the belief that we lose when we stoop to their level. When we give up our principles, we lose.

I don't want to see another 9/11 in my lifetime, but I sure as hell do not want to live like those bastards in the Middle East!

Immie

I'm referring to the world community.

You hear a lot more about the barbarity of Americans because of flipping Gitma than we ever hear about the disgusting behavior of the animals who torture, decapitate and kill children INTENTIONALLY.

Sorry, I don't think they compare.

You hear a lot more about the barbarity of Americans because of flipping Gitma than we ever hear about the disgusting behavior of the animals who torture, decapitate and kill children INTENTIONALLY.

The reasons why you think the US gets the shit-end of the stick on this issue are:

1. You're an American.

2. The US touts itself as a beacon of morality.

3. We are world leader and are expected to be an example for the civilized world to emulate.

4. The extremist terrorists aren't expected to behave civilly or reasonably.

No, there, I completely agree with you. They do not compare. However, I don't believe you can justify one wrong, simply by pointing out that someone else is even more wrong.

I tried it with a cop that pulled me over for speeding once. I was doing 72 in a 55 mph zone and even at that speed others regularly passed me like I was standing still, a point which I did my damnedest to clue him in on. In fact, I pulled over so quickly when his lights went on (he had been coming from the other direction and flipped a U-turn) because I was certain he was going to pull over the guy that had just flown past me. Guess what? I still got the ticket. The cop had the nerve to tell me that it was for that reason that he was out there. He told me he patrolled that highway all the time. Funny thing is that I had never noticed him before and have not since and it was seven years ago.

Immie

A VIDEOTAPE showing a member of the United Arab Emirates royal family torturing a man is jeopardising a multi-billion-dollar nuclear power deal between the US and the Gulf kingdom.

The 45-minute tape shows a man the Government of Abu Dhabi has acknowledged is Sheik Issa bin Zayed al-Nahyan - one of 22 royal brothers of the UAE President and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince - mercilessly and repeatedly beating a man with a cattle prod and a nailed board, burning his genitals and driving his Mercedes over him several times. He is assisted in the torture by a uniformed policeman.

The fallout from the film - smuggled out of the UAE by a former business associate of the sheik - has reached all the way to the Oval Office, where the civilian nuclear deal, awaiting the signature of US President Barack Obama, remains unsigned. A senior US official has said the administration is holding off certifying the treaty as a direct result of the film.

The deal was sealed on January 15 during George W.Bush's last week as US president, but needs to be recertified by the new administration. Under its terms, the US agrees to provide technology and equipment to help the UAE to develop civilian nuclear power plants. In return, the UAE pledges to abide by the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty and not to reprocess its spent nuclear fuel.

Torture by royal threatens to derail UAE nuke deal | The Australian

will be interesting to see if the obamalama puts his money where his mouth is.

And I don't don't think watebaording is torture. I think a failure to end a war as quickly as possible by any means necessary is immoral simply because war by it's very nature is immoral. And proloinguing it over imagined quibbles such as waterboarding enemy spies and saboteurs is the ultimate immorality.

What's more important, retaining the UAE as an 'ally' in a troublesome part of the world, or embarrassing them on this particular point of principle?

Remember, if you take a stand on a point of principle, you should stick to it, irrespective of who it is that you take that stand against. The UAE today, who tomorrow? Russia? China?

Or do you try to find a "middle path"?

The reasons why you think the US gets the shit-end of the stick on this issue are:

1. You're an American.

2. The US touts itself as a beacon of morality.

3. We are world leader and are expected to be an example for the civilized world to emulate.

4. The extremist terrorists aren't expected to behave civilly or reasonably.

NO - his point is they don't compare.

AND THEY DON'T.

What's more important, retaining the UAE as an 'ally' in a troublesome part of the world, or embarrassing them on this particular point of principle?

Remember, if you take a stand on a point of principle, you should stick to it, irrespective of who it is that you take that stand against. The UAE today, who tomorrow? Russia? China?

Or do you try to find a "middle path"?

This will be an interesting thread to watch.

So many here have called waterboarding torture, but from the sound of that video it beats waterboarding by a long way. I wonder how those that condemn the US for waterboarding will react to this story. A "middle path" sounds like it involves compromising a principle, but I've heard some pretty hard line voices on this subject. I can't wait to see the response.

They are just trying to figure out how to spin it so to blame Bush.

The agreement was made in the last week of Bush's presidency. They'll say it's his agreement, the torture happened on his watch, and even though the tape is just coming out now, it will still be Bush's fault.

is it shocking to anyone that arabic/mulsim countries are brutal?

I think so DiveCon,, that's why the waterboarding happened.. course no one dies when they are waterboarded.. they just fear death! it's not as if we asked them to set themsevles on fire and jump 110 stories!

gotta remember Dive...to some......ONLY,the US does this kind of thing....we do,but boy it sure seems like the other brand is a lot more sadistic,but i guess thats ok to the same people.....US do it ...BAD....other guys....we understand.....they are just primitives....

Last edited:

gotta remember Dive...to some......ONLY,the US does this kind of thing....we do,but boy it sure seems like the other brand is a lot more sadistic,but i guess thats ok to the same people.....US do it ...BAD....other guys....we understand.....they are just primitives....

So, you are a total fucking idiot. Now that you have established that, what do you think should be done.

Me. Do not sign the agreement.

Forum List

Back