Report: Hamas Killed, Maimed Dozens of Opponents

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Oct 22, 2008
Illinois
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Gunmen with suspected links to Hamas security forces in the Gaza Strip killed at least 32 Palestinians and wounded dozens in attacks on political opponents and alleged informers during and after Israel's recent war in the coastal territory, an international human rights group said Monday.

Article

Where this article falls on its face is where it reported: "Human Rights Watch portrayed the attacks as the worst outbreak of internal violence since Hamas militants violently seized control of Gaza in June 2007 and expelled rivals in the more moderate Fatah movement of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who now controls only the West Bank."

Why would they "violently seize control" when they won the elections and were already in power? Did they seize control from themselves?

Where this article falls on its face is where it reported: "Human Rights Watch portrayed the attacks as the worst outbreak of internal violence since Hamas militants violently seized control of Gaza in June 2007 and expelled rivals in the more moderate Fatah movement of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who now controls only the West Bank."

Why would they "violently seize control" when they won the elections and were already in power? Did they seize control from themselves?

Because they didnt control every gov't office, which was still staffed by Fatah workers.

I have yet to see the usual Jew-haters here come on and condemn this one. I suspect I needn't hold my breath for it.
And Israel is supposed to negotiate with these people? They can't even negotiate among themselves.

Because they didnt control every gov't office, which was still staffed by Fatah workers.

I have yet to see the usual Jew-haters here come on and condemn this one. I suspect I needn't hold my breath for it.
And Israel is supposed to negotiate with these people? They can't even negotiate among themselves.

Interesting premise. I have not heard that one before. Do you have a source?

From another of my posts.

The coup in Gaza
Facts about the Gaza coup.

After the coup the president was still the president. The Prime Minister was not changed. Not one person in the presidents cabinet was changed. The parliament remained unchanged.

It was the only coup in history where not one government official was removed or replaced.

It would not surprise me in the least that you are alos a Holocaust denier. Anyone who posits that the state of Israel doesnt exist because it has no borders, and that Hamas did not go to war with Fatah is easily capable of such self deception.
Palestinian Prime Minister's House Attacked
June 12, 2007

Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh escaped injury Tuesday after a rocket-propelled grenade hit his home. His Hamas movement said the attack was an assassination attempt by Fatah.

The death toll is rising from recent factional fighting between the rivals in the Gaza Strip. At least 21 Palestinians were killed Monday and overnight.

The intensified fighting shattered a truce that is two weeks old as appeals for calm by factional leaders have gone unheeded.

Fatah and Hamas gunmen are battling for control of security centers in Gaza City. The main presidential security compound is the scene of fierce combat.

Fatah loyalists are using heavy machine guns and 25 mm cannons, while Hamas fighters respond with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons.

Mohammed Suewherekey, a 28-year-old newlywed, became a casualty of the fighting. He worked as a cook and supply clerk with Force 17, an elite unit controlled by Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president and Fatah leader.

Suewherekey was kidnapped by Hamas militants while delivering food to soldiers Sunday evening as new factional clashes erupted. Around dusk, Hamas gunmen took him to the roof of an 18-floor abandoned high-rise in central Gaza City and pushed him off.

"Mohammed's legs had been tied together with his own belt. His hands also had been tied, and they threw him off the roof," said Rami Suewherekey, Mohammed's brother.

Sitting under a blue plastic tarp at the mourning tent for his brother's funeral, Rami said Hamas officials who witnessed the murder kept phoning the family, telling them Mohammed was sipping tea with his captives and would soon be released.

"We hope that Hamas keeps on inventing new ways of killing the people so the rest of the world knows the truth and the reality of Hamas and how vicious they really are," said Rami, 35.

He said Islam's core is about mercy and forgiveness. "We don't want retaliation. We don't want any more bloodshed in this civil war," he added.

But Fatah fighters were not in a forgiving mood. Later that night, loyalists shot 24-year-old Hossam Abu Ghanus, a suspected Hamas supporter, and hurled his body off a 10-story tower.

The tit-for-tat high-rise killings were just the beginning of a new, brutal round of internal Palestinian fighting.

On Monday night, Force 17 brought out one of its few functioning armored personnel carriers and blasted away with its main cannon and heavy machine guns. The target? Hamas gunmen holed up in the abandoned high-rise from which Mohammed Suewherekey was thrown.

Also Monday night, Hamas gunmen laid siege to the home of Jamal Al-Jedyan, a Fatah leader in northern Gaza and a close aid to Gaza strongman and Fatah leader Mohammed Dahlan. Hamas gunmen shot Al-Jedyan 45 times and also killed his brother after storming his house, according to witnesses and hospital officials.

Four people were killed earlier when fighting erupted inside and around Beit Hanoun's main hospital. Militants also stormed Gaza City's Al-Shifa hospital, prompting health care workers to flee in fear and to protest that Gaza hospitals had, once again, become combat zones.

The fighting has prompted thousands of residents to flee.

One is 39-year-old Ali Badwan, a married father of four, who says there's no place in Gaza for reasonable people. He directs a management consulting firm there and is the kind of educated entrepreneur who will be needed to someday help rebuild the Strip.

"They have no voice. The voice is only for the gun machines. This is the problem," he said. "We don't understand really what they are fighting for – to build a state by fighting each other? They will destroy themselves and our country."

European Union monitors at the Rafah border crossing in southern Gaza say in the past year, at least 30 Palestinians have left Gaza Strip every day and have not returned. That's double the daily permanent migration from the previous year.

From NPR reports and The Associated Press

It would not surprise me in the least that you are alos a Holocaust denier. Anyone who posits that the state of Israel doesnt exist because it has no borders, and that Hamas did not go to war with Fatah is easily capable of such self deception.
Palestinian Prime Minister's House Attacked
June 12, 2007

Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh escaped injury Tuesday after a rocket-propelled grenade hit his home. His Hamas movement said the attack was an assassination attempt by Fatah.

The death toll is rising from recent factional fighting between the rivals in the Gaza Strip. At least 21 Palestinians were killed Monday and overnight.

The intensified fighting shattered a truce that is two weeks old as appeals for calm by factional leaders have gone unheeded.

Fatah and Hamas gunmen are battling for control of security centers in Gaza City. The main presidential security compound is the scene of fierce combat.

Fatah loyalists are using heavy machine guns and 25 mm cannons, while Hamas fighters respond with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons.

Mohammed Suewherekey, a 28-year-old newlywed, became a casualty of the fighting. He worked as a cook and supply clerk with Force 17, an elite unit controlled by Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president and Fatah leader.

Suewherekey was kidnapped by Hamas militants while delivering food to soldiers Sunday evening as new factional clashes erupted. Around dusk, Hamas gunmen took him to the roof of an 18-floor abandoned high-rise in central Gaza City and pushed him off.

"Mohammed's legs had been tied together with his own belt. His hands also had been tied, and they threw him off the roof," said Rami Suewherekey, Mohammed's brother.

Sitting under a blue plastic tarp at the mourning tent for his brother's funeral, Rami said Hamas officials who witnessed the murder kept phoning the family, telling them Mohammed was sipping tea with his captives and would soon be released.

"We hope that Hamas keeps on inventing new ways of killing the people so the rest of the world knows the truth and the reality of Hamas and how vicious they really are," said Rami, 35.

He said Islam's core is about mercy and forgiveness. "We don't want retaliation. We don't want any more bloodshed in this civil war," he added.

But Fatah fighters were not in a forgiving mood. Later that night, loyalists shot 24-year-old Hossam Abu Ghanus, a suspected Hamas supporter, and hurled his body off a 10-story tower.

The tit-for-tat high-rise killings were just the beginning of a new, brutal round of internal Palestinian fighting.

On Monday night, Force 17 brought out one of its few functioning armored personnel carriers and blasted away with its main cannon and heavy machine guns. The target? Hamas gunmen holed up in the abandoned high-rise from which Mohammed Suewherekey was thrown.

Also Monday night, Hamas gunmen laid siege to the home of Jamal Al-Jedyan, a Fatah leader in northern Gaza and a close aid to Gaza strongman and Fatah leader Mohammed Dahlan. Hamas gunmen shot Al-Jedyan 45 times and also killed his brother after storming his house, according to witnesses and hospital officials.

Four people were killed earlier when fighting erupted inside and around Beit Hanoun's main hospital. Militants also stormed Gaza City's Al-Shifa hospital, prompting health care workers to flee in fear and to protest that Gaza hospitals had, once again, become combat zones.

The fighting has prompted thousands of residents to flee.

One is 39-year-old Ali Badwan, a married father of four, who says there's no place in Gaza for reasonable people. He directs a management consulting firm there and is the kind of educated entrepreneur who will be needed to someday help rebuild the Strip.

"They have no voice. The voice is only for the gun machines. This is the problem," he said. "We don't understand really what they are fighting for – to build a state by fighting each other? They will destroy themselves and our country."

European Union monitors at the Rafah border crossing in southern Gaza say in the past year, at least 30 Palestinians have left Gaza Strip every day and have not returned. That's double the daily permanent migration from the previous year.

From NPR reports and The Associated Press

OK, but all that fighting was because Abbas was attempting a coup against the government. Hamas was merely responding.

"Vanity Fair has obtained confidential documents, since corroborated by sources in the U.S. and Palestine, which lay bare a covert initiative, approved by Bush and implemented by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Deputy National Security Adviser Elliott Abrams, to provoke a Palestinian civil war. The plan was for forces led by Dahlan, and armed with new weapons supplied at America’s behest, to give Fatah the muscle it needed to remove the democratically elected Hamas-led government from power. (The State Department declined to comment.)

But the secret plan backfired, resulting in a further setback for American foreign policy under Bush. Instead of driving its enemies out of power, the U.S.-backed Fatah fighters inadvertently provoked Hamas to seize total control of Gaza."

The Gaza Bombshell | vanityfair.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ai-Udti1M[/ame]

So, why the lie that Hamas staged a coup? Who initiates this propaganda? Why are they lying to us?

Last edited:
So, why the lie that Hamas staged a coup? Who initiates this propaganda? Why are they lying to us?

Must be Fatah, no?

Palestinians engaged in civil war. And Israel is supposed to negotiate with them? Leave them to kill each other off first.

RAMALLAH, West Bank — Gunmen with suspected links to Hamas security forces in the Gaza Strip killed at least 32 Palestinians and wounded dozens in attacks on political opponents and alleged informers during and after Israel's recent war in the coastal territory, an international human rights group said Monday.

It says, "Gunmen with suspected links to Hamas security forces".

In other words, no one even knows if Hamas is involved in this or not.

Says the guy who defends rocketing innocent civilians in Israel.

Israeli "innocent civilians" are a necessary and integral part of the occupation.

So killing women and children in bus bombs is OK by you?
Wow, you get weirder and sicker the further you go.

Actually it is not. I am opposed to this and any other war. My objection is that Israel who kills women and children on a much larger scale than the Palestinians has no room to complain. It is like the coal mine calling the kettle black.

And besides, people who are part of an occupation should expect to be targets. How can they expect to not have consequences for their actions?

Forum List

Back