Here's a tip: Don't

You did, by denying reality over and over.

No, I didn't. You're all excited to argue about it, but no one has argued the point that prices would go up so that owners could pay their workers a reasonable wage. No one, no matter how badly you want it to be so.

You posted the link dude. Not me. I just told you the facts that prices would go up.

It has been stated since page 1 that prices would go up. No one is arguing about that. Is it your intention to simply fill this thread with spam? At least have the balls to be up-front about it.

No, I didn't. You're all excited to argue about it, but no one has argued the point that prices would go up so that owners could pay their workers a reasonable wage. No one, no matter how badly you want it to be so.

You posted the link dude. Not me. I just told you the facts that prices would go up.

It has been stated since page 1 that prices would go up. No one is arguing about that. Is it your intention to simply fill this thread with spam? At least have the balls to be up-front about it.

Well... now you are making up more stuff. It's not there. I went through the whole of page one. Not seeing it.

You have yet to counter the argument from the people who make or have made a living off of tips.
I can honestly say that we really don't give a flying fuck if you tip or not ... Someone else will make up for what you cannot handle, don't like or just want to change.
I mean we get you don't like the tipping system ... But what you are talking about doesn't provide better service, better pay or the opportunity for people to earn extra through extra effort.

Unkatore is now just trolling his own thread.

Time to kiss this thread goodbye, the OP can't justify his opinion so now he's just being argumentative to attempt to save face.

Unk, Let me know when you actually have something real to discuss

Sad

just saying it does, doesn't make it true.

That's why I provided all those links.

First those links only claimed to have better service. That's not the same as actually having better service.

In fact, I can't think of any business initiative where they said "and our new system ruined quality and service!".

I did not see if you posted more actual examples, instead of empty claims, I didn't see any but two. The New York Japanese place, which if it hires Japanese people, with Japanese work ethic, then just like those store in Japan, yes you don't need a tip system.

The other store in California.... it's gone. Apparently it didn't work.

So, neither are very compelling.

Last edited:
Tipping is a way to keep wages low.

Option 1: The store charges you $20, and you pay a 15% tip.

Option 2: The store charges you $23, and pay the 15% tip.

Either way.... the employee is paid the same, and you pay the same.

The only difference is, in option 1, if you get bad service, you can refuse to pay the tip.

In option 2, you pay the tip no matter what service you get.

When you look at those two options, how does one or the other, keep wages low? The wages are the same regardless.

Forum List

Back