Here's a thought....

None of the above.

The more technologically advanced the society, the more it trends toward lower population growth.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

I'd love you to be able to prove your point... since there has been no other advanced of a society since... oh... before the Civil War, perhaps...

Now, granted... that doesn't take into account the theory of "ancient aliens" or anything like that... but basically.... the world has only progressed beyond horse and buggy since a little before the Civil War(think transcontinental railroad).

Have fun proving your point.

No, he's right, but he is only giving the final answer without showing his work. There is a reason that as societies advance that they have smaller families, and it is because the women go to work and have careers. Tell me, how often do you hear a young girl say that her life goal is to be a great housewife?

Buy my sperm and we'll only have an inbreeding problem in a couple of decades.

My balls will save humanity...

I thought the progressive position was that Geo was overpopulated anyways?

Hispanic's are having many kids, no problemo

Numbers win.
Correct, and that's all that will ever matter

No, intellect matters.

1,000 retards couldn't hold the balls of a wise man.

Truth will always be such and it doesn't matter how many liars we have telling people what they want to hear...

Any intelligent individual will see what I'm saying as truth and they will agree no matter what race.

The cookie crumbles faster than it bakes.

The dumb motherfukers better believe that.

To a certain degree you are right... Back in the 50's and 60's the wife usually stayed home and took care of the children and life was much simpler. People saved up to buy the things they wanted and relied very little on credit. Homes were much simpler, cars were much simpler - everything was simpler when you stop to think about it. There was less techno gizmos to spend your money on. Kids actually played outdoors with each other instead of staying indoors glued to a video game like they do now. Then along came the credit card, bigger and more fancier houses, cars, electronic stuff, and the list goes on and on. Instead of saving for things like was done in the past, people began to rely more and more on the ease of using credit cards and "instant gratification" became the norm. So, to meet the need for more income, the wife began to work outside of the home and kids began to fend for themselves with less and less supervision. Thus we have todays world. Nobody is happy with their salary now and blame the company they work for because they don't pay them enough to live the lavish lifestyle they desire when in actuallity they are paid what the job is really worth. It isn't the fault of business that money is tight and it's difficult to raise a family. It's our own fault for becoming so greedy and thinking things that we don't really need are essential for everyday normal life. Case in point, does your 15 year old kid really need to have a cell phone? I rest my case.

Oh... I am not saying you are necessarily wrong... a 15 year old doesn't need a cell phone... but that's where we have evolved to, isn't it? Instant Gratification is the norm. But, you have to realize that it's not just the "everyman's" fault. It is also... I would even venture so far as to say a ratio of.... 70/30 or perhaps 60/40.... the fault of big business and it's conspirator, Big banking's. Big business will convince you(through the medium of excessive advertising(you hear it enough times, it becomes truth), that you "need" their product... and big banking is more than willing to lend you the money on a little plastic card to get that product you "need so bad".

Sure... there are some(very few) that will resist temptation... but most will be suckered in to one extent or another to their ploys.

I mean... I'll even be willing to go as far as 50/50... But the truth is... money and power is on the conglomerate's side.... that's why I skew it slightly in their direction. They know most of us cannot afford it... but they don't care. Once the deal is done... it's no longer in their hands.

Are you really saying that it's businesses fault that you lack self control and can't resist temptation? And how did big business become big business after all?

I love it how when I make general statements you numbnuts make it about me. "I" lack self control and can't resist temptation?

Let me ask you something... why do you think Big Business spends hundreds of billions of dollars in advertising? Because they feel like throwing their money into the toilet? They do it because it works. It helps sell their shit.... and that's all they care about. Need a car, but have bad credit? We'll sell you one anyway... we reduce our stock, you get a car that you probably won't be able to pay for, and the credit Company will have to deal with you.

I urge a lot of you "Conservatives" to netflix a movie called "Maxed Out: Hard Times, Easy Credit and the Era of Predatory Lenders" To sit there and blame it all on the consumer is idiocy Sure the Consumer has a responsibility... but Business and banking are at LEAST equally to blame.

Oh... I am not saying you are necessarily wrong... a 15 year old doesn't need a cell phone... but that's where we have evolved to, isn't it? Instant Gratification is the norm. But, you have to realize that it's not just the "everyman's" fault. It is also... I would even venture so far as to say a ratio of.... 70/30 or perhaps 60/40.... the fault of big business and it's conspirator, Big banking's. Big business will convince you(through the medium of excessive advertising(you hear it enough times, it becomes truth), that you "need" their product... and big banking is more than willing to lend you the money on a little plastic card to get that product you "need so bad".

Sure... there are some(very few) that will resist temptation... but most will be suckered in to one extent or another to their ploys.

I mean... I'll even be willing to go as far as 50/50... But the truth is... money and power is on the conglomerate's side.... that's why I skew it slightly in their direction. They know most of us cannot afford it... but they don't care. Once the deal is done... it's no longer in their hands.

Are you really saying that it's businesses fault that you lack self control and can't resist temptation? And how did big business become big business after all?

I love it how when I make general statements you numbnuts make it about me. "I" lack self control and can't resist temptation?

Let me ask you something... why do you think Big Business spends hundreds of billions of dollars in advertising? Because they feel like throwing their money into the toilet? They do it because it works. It helps sell their shit.... and that's all they care about. Need a car, but have bad credit? We'll sell you one anyway... we reduce our stock, you get a car that you probably won't be able to pay for, and the credit Company will have to deal with you.

I urge a lot of you "Conservatives" to netflix a movie called "Maxed Out: Hard Times, Easy Credit and the Era of Predatory Lenders" To sit there and blame it all on the consumer is idiocy Sure the Consumer has a responsibility... but Business and banking are at LEAST equally to blame.

It is the consumers fault.

As a matter of fact the consumer is the root cause of our present economy.

Do you believe when you rack up 100k in debt and run to your bankruptcy attorneys and cop out for 15k thats good for the economy?

Yeah you only spent 100k of someone elses money and managed to pay 15k because some shithead lawyer got you off the hook..

Of course bitch progressive believe their positions are "unique" and refuse to realize they're all the same..

At least republicans pay their debt..

To a certain degree you are right... Back in the 50's and 60's the wife usually stayed home and took care of the children and life was much simpler. People saved up to buy the things they wanted and relied very little on credit. Homes were much simpler, cars were much simpler - everything was simpler when you stop to think about it. There was less techno gizmos to spend your money on. Kids actually played outdoors with each other instead of staying indoors glued to a video game like they do now. Then along came the credit card, bigger and more fancier houses, cars, electronic stuff, and the list goes on and on. Instead of saving for things like was done in the past, people began to rely more and more on the ease of using credit cards and "instant gratification" became the norm. So, to meet the need for more income, the wife began to work outside of the home and kids began to fend for themselves with less and less supervision. Thus we have todays world. Nobody is happy with their salary now and blame the company they work for because they don't pay them enough to live the lavish lifestyle they desire when in actuallity they are paid what the job is really worth. It isn't the fault of business that money is tight and it's difficult to raise a family. It's our own fault for becoming so greedy and thinking things that we don't really need are essential for everyday normal life. Case in point, does your 15 year old kid really need to have a cell phone? I rest my case.

We live in a society of blame instead of personal responsibility. The OP prefers to blame others rather than shoulder his responsibility. That's apparently the liberal way in 2011.... shame, because that ain't the party of Kennedy.

Who held a gun to your head and forced you to borrow more than you could afford? No one. That's the fact.

Big business creates jobs. And if people prefer to buy from them rather than the small local business and that small local business goes bust, it is not the fault of big business, it is the fault of those who chose to buy from one supplier instead of another. I personally make an effort to support local suppliers. It usually costs me more, but I don't care.

Stop blaming others for the crap. You are part of the problem.

We live in a society of blame instead of personal responsibility. The OP prefers to blame others rather than shoulder his responsibility. That's apparently the liberal way in 2011.... shame, because that ain't the party of Kennedy.

Kennedy was a tyrant..........

Whites arnt breeding enough to maintain their numbers, happening in the EU to....

What gets me is Al Gores kick on overpopulation, who is he talking about, not whites thats for sure based on the numbers.

So the real question is why is al Gore allowed to be such a racist?

Did you ever think that the reason that people have less children these days is because they can't afford them?

Seriously... back in the 50's and 60's, people were having 3, 4. 5 and even 6 kids/family. Nowadays, you can BARELY scrape by with 2. I know... My wife and I have two... one we put through college and another that is starting this fall semester.

Our oldest is getting married on the 26th of May 2012. We just bought their Wedding present(a bedroom suite) NOW, because a local bedding store is going out of business.... which BTW, I asked the OWNER the reason why..... it wasn't that they pay too much taxes... or are regulated too much... it was simply that they cannot afford to compete with the Conglomerates, who have all the power and all the money... 47 years in business... gone to shit. Thanks Corporatists and Big Business supporters. Another local business down the drain because "Bigger is better".

Anyway... the point is... Families used to be able to have a large number of children, because their wages could support them. Nowadays... it can't.

THINK....The deal with "entitlements" are that there are more people retiring than there are people to pay into the system... who's to blame for that?.... yeah.. let's keep bottom lining the working people of America... and then complain that "government doesn't work". It's ingenuous in nature... but if you look beyond the surface... it's really easy to decipher.

There are many reasons people are not having more kids these days, and you are correct that it isn't as cheap raising kids these days. However, I think there are more tangible reasons that should be looked at. Today, most women work, and if it is even close to a career type position, there just isn't enough time to devote to more than one or two kids, and this I believe, is the main reason. But it goes beyond women working. Today, every family must have at least two cars. They must have a television in every room. They need three or four computers, along with every fancy electonic gadget out there. And lest we not forget, a family of four cannot do with anything less than a 3000 square foot home with an in ground pool, and a huge yard, for which they must pay a lawn maintenance company to take care of because they are just too busy working and doing a million other things.

Now, let's take a look back; in the 50's and 60's, and even to a great extent the 70's, women stayed at home, so they could be there for their kids. Families only had one car, and probably only had one television. They had much smaller homes, for the most part, at least the average middle class family did, and it generally came with a smaller, more manageable yard. Most people had time to have a garden in their yard, so they would can many of their own fruits and vegetables, which helped cut food costs a great deal. And going out to eat, well that was reserved for very special occasions, rather than it being the norm. Today, a lot of people eat out more than they cook at home.

Life during those times was much more simple and conducive to having a large family. Not saying one is better than the other, but I think the changes in lifestyle that we have chosen have led to families being much smaller.

Very good rebuttal, Thanks for the honesty and I also happen to agree. We aren't blameless... never said we were.

Did you ever think that the reason that people have less children these days is because they can't afford them?

Seriously... back in the 50's and 60's, people were having 3, 4. 5 and even 6 kids/family. Nowadays, you can BARELY scrape by with 2. I know... My wife and I have two... one we put through college and another that is starting this fall semester.

Our oldest is getting married on the 26th of May 2012. We just bought their Wedding present(a bedroom suite) NOW, because a local bedding store is going out of business.... which BTW, I asked the OWNER the reason why..... it wasn't that they pay too much taxes... or are regulated too much... it was simply that they cannot afford to compete with the Conglomerates, who have all the power and all the money... 47 years in business... gone to shit. Thanks Corporatists and Big Business supporters. Another local business down the drain because "Bigger is better".

Anyway... the point is... Families used to be able to have a large number of children, because their wages could support them. Nowadays... it can't.

THINK....The deal with "entitlements" are that there are more people retiring than there are people to pay into the system... who's to blame for that?.... yeah.. let's keep bottom lining the working people of America... and then complain that "government doesn't work". It's ingenuous in nature... but if you look beyond the surface... it's really easy to decipher.

I think there's a number of factors at work here.

1) Decline of Union Wages- back in the 1950's, a large portion of the working class were unionized, and most of the rest got decent wages. Wives could stay home with the kids and make more of them. Today, with the decline of unions, there's been a decline of union wages as well.

2) Birth Control - Women don't have to have five kids. Birth control was legalized in 1965, and oddly enough, that's when the "Baby Boom" ended.

3) Selfishiness- Well, we can have another kid, or we can have that vacation in Aruba.

4) Feminism- The end result of feminism is that women think of career first and family second. It's also hit the family from the other end where a guy has to compete with a woman who considers this job to be a second income (or as I like to say, "Shoe money"), and is willing to work for a lot less.

5) Free Trade- The reason why bigger corporations can do it cheaper is they can set up some factory in a third world shithole and make stuff for pennies on the dollar. Eventually, that doesn't work when no one can afford their products, though.

It is the consumers fault.

As a matter of fact the consumer is the root cause of our present economy.

Do you believe when you rack up 100k in debt and run to your bankruptcy attorneys and cop out for 15k thats good for the economy?

Yeah you only spent 100k of someone elses money and managed to pay 15k because some shithead lawyer got you off the hook..

Of course bitch progressive believe their positions are "unique" and refuse to realize they're all the same..

At least republicans pay their debt..

Bullshit... Supply side economics(Reaganomics) is a huge part of the problem... they make shit and convince us we need it. Yes... the ultimate decision is ours... but they do a hell of a job marketing their wares.

Let's see.... 62% of all bankruptcies in this country are due to Medical Bills... so that blows your theory out of the water, doesn't it?

If consumers stop spending, the economy collapses. Of course bitch Conservatives think the economy lives and breathes because of a hundred thousand or so extremely wealthy people and not the 300+ million that actually drive it by buying the goods and services of those 100K people.

Republicans pay their debt? What a bunch of shit. I know three die hard Republicans who have filed bankruptcy... one of them did it twice. What a ridiculous assertion.

Like I said... rent that documentary.... it will show you a dark side that you don't want to admit to. I bet you don't have the nerve and will blow it off as some "librul" movie.

Who held a gun to your head and forced you to borrow more than you could afford? No one. That's the fact.

Big business creates jobs. And if people prefer to buy from them rather than the small local business and that small local business goes bust, it is not the fault of big business, it is the fault of those who chose to buy from one supplier instead of another. I personally make an effort to support local suppliers. It usually costs me more, but I don't care.

Stop blaming others for the crap. You are part of the problem.

Who says my financial situation is fucked up? Oh that's right... you did. My finances are fine, you idiot. But there are probably 100 million people in this country just barely making it.

Maybe I should look at Republican posts a little more closely.... because whatever their comments are... it seems that they are related to themselves... because whenever a "librul" posts... they make it about the person and not about the topic.

I guess the GOP isn't the party of "NO".... they are the party of "ME".

You people are nuts, whites arnt breeding enough in the EU either, none of your liberal talking points can explain that.

Hispanics know numbers rule, so do the muslims, y'all being taken over by force of numbers and you want to blame conservatives? what a joke.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
The demographic trends in Europe and all other technologically advanced nations (i.e. Japan) have been moving toward zero population growth for decades now.

You can look it up.

Population Growth

The native population of the USA reached ZERO POPULATION GROWTH sometime back in the 1960s, didn't it?

You people are nuts, whites arnt breeding enough in the EU either, none of your liberal talking points can explain that.

Hispanics know numbers rule, so do the muslims, y'all being takin over by force of numbers and you want to blame conservtives? what a joke.

:cuckoo:

Wow... a racist bullshit post, from a racist... who'd have thunk it?

You know what slick, I don't lie in bed worrying about muslims and hispanics and blacks outnumbering white people. This country was a "colored" country before we showed up.

What do you think is going to happen? you think we'll be exterminated? You think all the "other colored" people are going to commit Genocide on people of European descent?

Yeah... I'll wake up....:321::321:

[..]

I agree in part with what you wrote, but having come from a large family in which mom's religion made birth control taboo, I can tell you firsthand poverty existed then too. We had nothing in material terms but lots in other ways, and it probably contributed to why I am a liberal progressive communitarian today. But now we - America - have moved in the other direction for the upper classes, and today, the best isn't good enough. Having moved far up the food chain I have to say the wealthy in this nation are a bunch of spoiled brats for the most part. The middle and lower classes are just as bad in some ways, with drugs and attitudes of entitlement dominant. But I also think there is a fairly large working class near poverty that needs productive work and everyone, corporations included, needs to contribute to America and not just Japan, Korea, China, India, or Germany. Everyone in America should read the book noted below.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

Forum List

Back