Here's a good idea: Black Freshmen Orientation

There are people who don't WANT to see racial healing, who will ALWAYS defend, deflect for, and enable division. Always.

Keeping the races divided is good politics for them. That's one fucked up way to go through life, granted, but it is what it is.

I agree.

The main one is in the White House right now, and you can't stop sucking his dick and defending him.

Which is why we call you "Stormy Mac".

Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

The problem is that we're obediently dancing for them.
I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?
You say you don't see. I doubt I have the capacity to get you to.

I think that constantly, relentlessly dividing Americans by immutable characteristics is wrong and counter-productive. I like the melting pot idea, where we're together. You disagree. That's about it.
How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal? Keeping in mind that the ruling class drives our ruling ideology.
You consider individualism as exclusionary?
I think the way it has developed out of modern neo-liberal economic philosophy it is.

But then again, even Alexis de Tocqueville thought of it that way. So it is not a new or unique thought.
I'll have to agree to disagree.

Individualism is a self-centered concept has really has little bearing on what others are or do.

My daughter summed it up best by repeating the statement, "you do you, and I'll do me and we'll all be happy".

Yeah...and a self defeating culture with little to no accountability, and catastrophically bad decision making has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

In numerous studies, blacks and whites perform almost exactly the same when in the same circumstances.

And here's the thing. Dumb White Trash from the inner city probably perform just as badly as black kids from the inner city..

But funny thing. Just by virtue of being white in this society, they STILL get a leg up.

But most of them still end up in the trailer parks, voting for Trump, waiting for their welfare check and having no idea what the definition of "Irony" is.

You're a sad indivudual, dude. Idk if you're while, blk, or pink but that was one pitiful post.

Probably why you're not taken serious on here.

And you have a problem with this -- WHY?

Often black students come from mostly black elementary's, middles, high schools and neighborhoods. The white kids in colleges today are for the most part cool, but there ARE adjustments to be made and understandings to be had.

Get over it.

Doc, after you've had a few months of trying to reason with Stormy Mac, you'll find that he is always seeing "PC Police" hiding under his bed. And a Jihadist hiding in his closet.

I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

I think that constantly, relentlessly dividing Americans by immutable characteristics is wrong and counter-productive. I like the melting pot idea, where we're together. You disagree. That's about it.
How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal? Keeping in mind that the ruling class drives our ruling ideology.
I think the way it has developed out of modern neo-liberal economic philosophy it is.

But then again, even Alexis de Tocqueville thought of it that way. So it is not a new or unique thought.

Individualism is a self-centered concept has really has little bearing on what others are or do.

My daughter summed it up best by repeating the statement, "you do you, and I'll do me and we'll all be happy".
Chapter II: Of Individualism In Democratic Countries
I have shown how it is that in ages of equality every man seeks for his opinions within himself: I am now about to show how it is that, in the same ages, all his feelings are turned towards himself alone. Individualism *a is a novel expression, to which a novel idea has given birth. Our fathers were only acquainted with egotism. Egotism is a passionate and exaggerated love of self, which leads a man to connect everything with his own person, and to prefer himself to everything in the world. Individualism is a mature and calm feeling, which disposes each member of the community to sever himself from the mass of his fellow-creatures; and to draw apart with his family and his friends; so that, after he has thus formed a little circle of his own, he willingly leaves society at large to itself. Egotism originates in blind instinct: individualism proceeds from erroneous judgment more than from depraved feelings; it originates as much in the deficiencies of the mind as in the perversity of the heart. Egotism blights the germ of all virtue; individualism, at first, only saps the virtues of public life; but, in the long run, it attacks and destroys all others, and is at length absorbed in downright egotism. Egotism is a vice as old as the world, which does not belong to one form of society more than to another: individualism is of democratic origin, and it threatens to spread in the same ratio as the equality of conditions.
https://wwnorton.com/college/histor...rning/docs/ATocqueville-Democracy_II-1835.pdf

I have shown how it is that in ages of equality every man seeks for his opinions within himself: I am now about to show how it is that, in the same ages, all his feelings are turned towards himself alone. Individualism *a is a novel expression, to which a novel idea has given birth. Our fathers were only acquainted with egotism. Egotism is a passionate and exaggerated love of self, which leads a man to connect everything with his own person, and to prefer himself to everything in the world. Individualism is a mature and calm feeling, which disposes each member of the community to sever himself from the mass of his fellow-creatures; and to draw apart with his family and his friends; so that, after he has thus formed a little circle of his own, he willingly leaves society at large to itself. Egotism originates in blind instinct: individualism proceeds from erroneous judgment more than from depraved feelings; it originates as much in the deficiencies of the mind as in the perversity of the heart. Egotism blights the germ of all virtue; individualism, at first, only saps the virtues of public life; but, in the long run, it attacks and destroys all others, and is at length absorbed in downright egotism. Egotism is a vice as old as the world, which does not belong to one form of society more than to another: individualism is of democratic origin, and it threatens to spread in the same ratio as the equality of conditions.
https://wwnorton.com/college/histor...rning/docs/ATocqueville-Democracy_II-1835.pdf
You realize you are quoting leftists by quoting research done in a left-wing college? Hard to take collectivist research as serious when it comes to individuals and their yearning to be free.

You realize you are quoting leftists by quoting research done in a left-wing college? Hard to take collectivist research as serious when it comes to individuals and their yearning to be free.
I'm quoting Alexis de Tocqueville from his book that he wrote following his investigative tour of America.

I'm quoting Alexis de Tocqueville from his book that he wrote following his investigative tour of America.
I didn't. Obviously, Tocqueville wasn't always correct.

I didn't. Obviously, Tocqueville wasn't always correct.
I believe he is correct in this case. I believe the truth is manifest in our dysfunctional society. I think it can be seen in people building walls around themselves, designed to isolate themselves from the general population and the hyperventilating about identity politics that goes along with it.

Last edited:
Treating people like victims isn’t in their best interest and that’s what the Dems do to everyone—women, blacks, gays, everyone except white men.

Yes, we should all ignore the elephant in the room, that 400 years of systematic and institutional racism has an effect.

Here's a story I love to tell. I worked for a company about six years ago, and we had three members of our team leave the company over a six month period.

One was a Chinese woman who had been with the company for 9 years, and was a key player in strategically sourcing a number of our suppliers in China.
The other was an African American woman who had been with the company for two years.
The third was a pretty white intern who had only been with the company for three months.

NOW - guess which one of those three the General Manager took time out of his busy schedule to attend the going away lunch for. Guess which two he was "too busy" to attend.

Come on, come on. Guess.

Of course, it was the pretty white intern.

Now, this isn't because the GM was racist. I worked with him for nearly 7 years, and frankly, not once heard him say anything remotely like that.

But the thing is, when white people, particularly white men, hold 99% of the positions of influence, of course, they are going to favor people who are like them.

You “love” telling a story that proves nothing.

You “love” telling a story that proves nothing.

I think it proved quite a lot... it's just that you are horrified by the implications.

You as a white person was born on third and thought you hit a triple.

“Horrified by the implications” LOL. Of course in your race-obsessed mind the only reason the boss gave this woman due attention is because of her race.

YOU are the racist here. I’m not expecting you’ll understand the following definition, but I’ll leave it here anyway in case you do.

Primary definition of racism according to Merriam Webster: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

“Horrified by the implications” LOL. Of course in your race-obsessed mind the only reason the boss gave this woman due attention is because of her race.

YOU are the racist here. I’m not expecting you’ll understand the following definition, but I’ll leave it here anyway in case you do.

Primary definition of racism according to Merriam Webster: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

But that was exactly my point.

The Asian gal and the Black gal didn't get attention, but the white girl did.

In short, even though she really did far less for the company, she got a personal going away lunch with the GM. She was an intern. She filed papers. Heck, six years later, I don't even remember her name, that's how little of an impression she made. But she gets a lunch with the GM, and the nice Chinese Lady whose efforts had major impacts on the business doesn't.

Hmmm.... now why could that be?

Cute young white intern.
Middle Aged Asian woman...

Hmmm....

Don't think too hard about this one, but I'm sure you'll give me a bunch of reasons why she deserved such attention.

Yeah...and a self defeating culture with little to no accountability, and catastrophically bad decision making has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

In numerous studies, blacks and whites perform almost exactly the same when in the same circumstances.

And here's the thing. Dumb White Trash from the inner city probably perform just as badly as black kids from the inner city..

But funny thing. Just by virtue of being white in this society, they STILL get a leg up.

But most of them still end up in the trailer parks, voting for Trump, waiting for their welfare check and having no idea what the definition of "Irony" is.
Dumb white trash? Are you just a bigot towards white people, or do you also use bigoted terms for other races too? Please clear up for us what kind of bigot you are.

Dumb white trash? Are you just a bigot towards white people, or do you also use bigoted terms for other races too? Please clear up for us what kind of bigot you are.

Naw, I'm just against, Dumb White Trash who despite having won an E-Ticket in America-Land, STILL managed to fuck it up.

They live in trailer parks and vote Republican. That's crazy.

Naw, I'm just against, Dumb White Trash who despite having won an E-Ticket in America-Land, STILL managed to fuck it up.

They live in trailer parks and vote Republican. That's crazy.
What about rich black kids with every advantage who fuck up? What do you call them?

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.

Okay, let's look at the actual event Stormy Mac (Why can't Democrats be bigots like Republicans) 1958 wants to be all upset about.

The Black Freshman Orientation is a Black Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Black Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend. This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus.

OH MY GOD! That's horrible!!! Working with other organizations? Teaching new Freshmen how to navigate the campus and find resources?

Yes, I can see why Stormy Mac would be upset about this.
Why only black freshmen ?

It took liberals millennia to advance us to the point where tribe did not matter.

It has takenregressives just a few decades to return us to a primitive state.

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.

Okay, let's look at the actual event Stormy Mac (Why can't Democrats be bigots like Republicans) 1958 wants to be all upset about.

The Black Freshman Orientation is a Black Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Black Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend. This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus.

OH MY GOD! That's horrible!!! Working with other organizations? Teaching new Freshmen how to navigate the campus and find resources?

Yes, I can see why Stormy Mac would be upset about this.
It just proves that Democrats have always been bigots segregation is just one of their tools. People use to fight against this sort of shit now Democrats have convinced their base that its a good thing.

Forum List

Back