Here's a good idea: Black Freshmen Orientation

How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal?
You start by no longer dividing them into little competing tribes.

I really need to say that?
People divide themselves up. Why are they doing it?
I really don't like "20 Questions". You made your point, I made mine, we disagree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
I see, so you aren't really interested in having a discussion. Only in promoting your personal viewpoint.

Everyone see through you.
I promoted mine, you promoted yours.

I'm satisfied with that. You're whining.
You're whining about identity politics, again.......
But refuse to discuss it.

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.
Notice the left changing over time.
In the 60s and 70s we had forced busing.
Now, since we had the first black president, we have segregation again.
It's like Obama ushered in another Jim Crow era.
Damn Mudwhistle you did it again with that photo. Love it and it so accurately depicts the mindset of Big Ears.
DmkjvFRVsAAicBK.jpg

Maybe just call it student orientation and call it a day

and if the University itself wanted to sponsor it, that'd be fine.

This is a student organization catering the needs of a specific group that might not necessarily need the same resources or have the same interests.

Should sororities not be allowed to have orientations for their new pledges? I would imagine that the athletics department has tailored programs for their new recruits and walk ons; the Baptists Student Organization has their own orientation; etc… Hypochondriac commentary on perceived ills is getting to be a real problem in this nation. Having the sororities and the athletics department and the BSO work together to present opportunities for fellowship and enrichment to students who may not be aware of these other organizations is a plus in my book. That race is introduced in the OP is just more evidence of how obsessed with race the conservatives have become.

This is a student organization catering the needs of a specific group that might not necessarily need the same resources or have the same interests.

Should sororities not be allowed to have orientations for their new pledges? I would imagine that the athletics department has tailored programs for their new recruits and walk ons; the Baptists Student Organization has their own orientation; etc… Hypochondriac commentary on perceived ills is getting to be a real problem in this nation. Having the sororities and the athletics department and the BSO work together to present opportunities for fellowship and enrichment to students who may not be aware of these other organizations is a plus in my book. That race is introduced in the OP is just more evidence of how obsessed with race the conservatives have become.

Corny waltzes in and compares an apple to an orange

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color
We have a long history in this country that is not easily overcome.

Even in the university setting there is a long history of dividing up into fraternities. Of course it was just white kids doing so in its earliest days.
You'd think we'd have evolved past this by now, but unfortunately we appear to be regressing.
I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

The problem is that we're obediently dancing for them.
I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

It's real simple.
White only groups = racism
Black only groups = inclusiveness.
Yeah I don't get that.
Inclusiveness via exclusivity just doesn't make sense. It just keeps the divisive feelings alive.

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.
Inclusiveness via exclusivity just doesn't make sense. It just keeps the divisive feelings alive.

Well, it's clear you don't get it.

When the majority excludes a minority, that is racism.

When the minority organizes to advocate for it's own, it isn't.

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.

Well, it's clear you don't get it.

When the majority excludes a minority, that is racism.

When the minority organizes to advocate for it's own, it isn't.

No. That's ignorance.
Obviously blacks are not being excluded on college campuses. :rolleyes:
In fact, the opposite is true.

We have a long history in this country that is not easily overcome.

Even in the university setting there is a long history of dividing up into fraternities. Of course it was just white kids doing so in its earliest days.
You'd think we'd have evolved past this by now, but unfortunately we appear to be regressing.
I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

The problem is that we're obediently dancing for them.
I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.
Black only groups are not inclusive. They are survival instincts.

No. That's ignorance.

You mean the few black kids who get to college despite the costs and sub-standard education a lot of them get to the inner cities...

Here's the thing. I graduated from UIC back in the 1980's. It was specifically designed to serve the inner city population who couldn't get into the "real" U of I in Urbana. (We used to joke, Urbana got the chickens, we got the wings.)

Well today, the African American enrollment at UIC is less than 9% in a city that is 32% black.

Part of it that the tuition has gone up so high. Part of it is that the schools in Chicago had done a very poor job preparing them.

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Okay, let's look at the actual event Stormy Mac (Why can't Democrats be bigots like Republicans) 1958 wants to be all upset about.

The Black Freshman Orientation is a Black Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Black Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend. This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus.

OH MY GOD! That's horrible!!! Working with other organizations? Teaching new Freshmen how to navigate the campus and find resources?

Yes, I can see why Stormy Mac would be upset about this.
you are not upset at racism??!!!

???!!!!!!!!!!????????????
''blacks'' only??
so, then you are OK with ''whites only'' groups??

It never said it was "blacks only". In fact, if it is like most university groups, they had to admit anyone who wants to become a member.

See, you really don't get how student organizations work, do you? Then again, I doubt if you ever got anywhere near a college, it was to sweep the floor for your betters.

???!!!!!!!!!!????????????
''blacks'' only??
so, then you are OK with ''whites only'' groups??

It never said it was "blacks only". In fact, if it is like most university groups, they had to admit anyone who wants to become a member.

See, you really don't get how student organizations work, do you? Then again, I doubt if you ever got anywhere near a college, it was touou sweep the floor for your betters.
you must be a dumbass
The Black Freshman Orientation i

You start by no longer dividing them into little competing tribes.

I really need to say that?
People divide themselves up. Why are they doing it?
I really don't like "20 Questions". You made your point, I made mine, we disagree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
I see, so you aren't really interested in having a discussion. Only in promoting your personal viewpoint.

Everyone see through you.
I promoted mine, you promoted yours.

I'm satisfied with that. You're whining.
You're whining about identity politics, again.......
But refuse to discuss it.
Okay, let's review, shall we?

In post 1, I made a point. It was made sarcastically, but it appears most got it.

In post 8, without directly refuting my point, you made a comment that was sympathetic to the division I highlighted.

In post 18, again without directly refuting my point, you made another comment sympathetic to the division I highlighted, and then asked an obtuse question.

In post 24, I fully and clearly admitted that I lack the capacity to get you to "see" my point. I pointed out that we simply disagree.

In post 28, again without directly refuting my point, you made another comment sympathetic to division and asked another obtuse question.

In post 29, I answered your obtuse question.

In post 31, again without directly refuting my point, you asked another obtuse question.

In post 32, I once again pointed out that we simply disagree.

In post 33, again without directly refuting my point, you complained that I was no longer interested in having a "discussion".

This is yet another lovely example of why I no longer try to have "conversations" on this board. I'm tired of the silly, shallow, intellectually dishonest games. So, I come here to (a) observe behaviors and (b) belch out whatever happens to be rattling around in my little brain at the moment.

If I stumble into an interesting conversation, great. It does happen now and then, and it can be interesting, challenging and stimulating. This is not one of those.

If this causes you (or anyone else) some kind of trauma, I would strongly suggest not reading my posts.

Last edited:
No. That's ignorance.

You mean the few black kids who get to college despite the costs and sub-standard education a lot of them get to the inner cities...

Here's the thing. I graduated from UIC back in the 1980's. It was specifically designed to serve the inner city population who couldn't get into the "real" U of I in Urbana. (We used to joke, Urbana got the chickens, we got the wings.)

Well today, the African American enrollment at UIC is less than 9% in a city that is 32% black.

Part of it that the tuition has gone up so high. Part of it is that the schools in Chicago had done a very poor job preparing them.

Yeah...and a self defeating culture with little to no accountability, and catastrophically bad decision making has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

In numerous studies, blacks and whites perform almost exactly the same when in the same circumstances.
Blacks growing up in the burbs or a small town, are statistically identical to whites.
Poor, inner city whites who grew up without a significant positive male in their lives are statistically identical to inner city blacks.
It's not the skin. It's the culture.
You raise young males without positive male influences, in a society where their is virtually no accountability and amoral surroundings you are a complete idiot to not think they are going to be dramatically behind the rest of society.

Okay, let's look at the actual event Stormy Mac (Why can't Democrats be bigots like Republicans) 1958 wants to be all upset about.

The Black Freshman Orientation is a Black Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Black Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend. This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus.

OH MY GOD! That's horrible!!! Working with other organizations? Teaching new Freshmen how to navigate the campus and find resources?

Yes, I can see why Stormy Mac would be upset about this.
It sounds great, until they break it down by race. Then it becomes racist garbage that we all should oppose.

Why is it that you people are against racist groups, until you arent?

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people, skin pigmentation or groups that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

While the left wants to segregate it’s the right that’s racist...

upload_2018-9-8_10-12-15.gif

Forum List

Back