Here's a good idea: Black Freshmen Orientation

Here's their logo:

0d68d156-4553-4b7e-8949-a2f7cc4dec813283ff83-aa8a-40ca-8131-004cc4031f91.JPG

Just imagine if it were "White Student Alliance". They would be accused of being the KKK, white nationalists, etc.

Blacks of course have the privilege of doing whatever the hell they want, and there's no questions asked.

Why don’t you just come out and say it, “or the same intelligence level”.

Because I'm not a bigot like you are. You need to talk to Stormy Mac, he's the one with the less than subtle racism problem.

Here is the thing. Black students often to find themselves less prepared for College than white students, not because they aren't just as smart, but because they haven't been prepared as well and they often don't have the support system white folks do. When they try to create such a system, you get bigots like you and Stormy Mac whining about it.

Treating people like victims isn’t in their best interest and that’s what the Dems do to everyone—women, blacks, gays, everyone except white men.

I have no idea. I am speaking about identity politics. And the progressives are the ones doing it....and what party do Progressives belong to again?

Identity Politics? Is that what you guys are calling "Facing reality" these days?

This society treats black folks different than white folks. This is a simple reality.

Your side treats black folks like helpless victims who must be coddled to survive. I treat them like my equal bc THEY ARE. It blows my mind more POC can’t see how insulting the left’s view of them is.

You'd think we'd have evolved past this by now, but unfortunately we appear to be regressing.
I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

The problem is that we're obediently dancing for them.
I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

It's real simple.
White only groups = racism
Black only groups = inclusiveness.
Yeah I don't get that.
Inclusiveness via exclusivity just doesn't make sense. It just keeps the divisive feelings alive.
Black only groups are not inclusive. They are survival instincts.

Bc blacks are victims, right?

This is what you think, isn’t it?

I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.
Inclusiveness via exclusivity just doesn't make sense. It just keeps the divisive feelings alive.

They have been historically victimized in this country. Say it isn't so.

Black ANYTHING is not good. Women ANYTHING is not good. Gay ANYTHING is not good.

If it doesn't apply to everyone equally and fairly, throw it in the trash.

Maybe just call it student orientation and call it a day

and if the University itself wanted to sponsor it, that'd be fine.

This is a student organization catering the needs of a specific group that might not necessarily need the same resources or have the same interests.
WTF does one group need the others don’t? Are you saying they need more specific hand holding to grasp the subject? Are blacks special needs kids now?

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.

Not one of these 18 year old cupcakes has been a victim of anything in this country.

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.

Don’t dodge the question.

I never said they haven’t been victimized in the past. Nowadays people like you continue to victimize them by painting them as helpless idiots who can’t do anything for themselves.

Would you be insulted if there were people who actually thought you were too stupid/lazy/unmotivated/poor to acquire an ID in order to vote?

Here's their logo:

0d68d156-4553-4b7e-8949-a2f7cc4dec813283ff83-aa8a-40ca-8131-004cc4031f91.JPG

Just imagine if it were "White Student Alliance". They would be accused of being the KKK, white nationalists, etc.

Blacks of course have the privilege of doing whatever the hell they want, and there's no questions asked.
This is the manifestation of the "soft bigotry of reduced expectations".

They want to lower standards for all of their various pet constituent victim groups. What they choose not to see is that, over time, lowered standards lead to decreased results.

Example: Corporations having to look overseas for quality employees. Meanwhile, our kids sure can tell you where the nearest "Safe Space" is, when the last "micro aggression" occurred, and what their tactics were in shutting down someone's freedom to speak.

Just another one of our many self-inflicted wounds.

It's real simple.
Yeah I don't get that.

Don’t dodge the question.

I never said they haven’t been victimized in the past. Nowadays people like you continue to victimize them by painting them as helpless idiots who can’t do anything for themselves.

Would you be insulted if there were people who actually thought you were too stupid/lazy/unmotivated/poor to acquire an ID in order to vote?
You are projecting.

All I am saying is that people form into groups for strength. Always have.

All I am saying is that people form into groups for strength. Always have.

Not anymore.
Not in the era of identity politics. It's the opposite.
Keep people divided by as many differences you can create to keep them weak.

I remember a terrible day in 2001. Sept. 11th.
But the aftermath was also a good time. Meaning how people everywhere dropped the petty, inconsequential differences and just became Americans. It was truly a sight to see. But it didn't last.

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people, skin pigmentation or groups that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.

And you have a problem with this -- WHY?

Often black students come from mostly black elementary's, middles, high schools and neighborhoods. The white kids in colleges today are for the most part cool, but there ARE adjustments to be made and understandings to be had.

Get over it.

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people, skin pigmentation or groups that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.

And you have a problem with this -- WHY?

Often black students come from mostly black elementary's, middles, high schools and neighborhoods. The white kids in colleges today are for the most part cool, but there ARE adjustments to be made and understandings to be had.

Get over it.
I'm not a big fan of PC/Identity Politics.

It's counter-productive, intellectually dishonest, divisive, and cowardly.

If you don't like that, tough shit.

OH MY GOD! That's horrible!!! Working with other organizations? Teaching new Freshmen how to navigate the campus and find resources?

Yes, I can see why Stormy Mac would be upset about this.

Mackie is largely a USMB fence sitter.
Up and until it is a matter involving RACE ;)

Forum List

Back