Here's a good idea: Black Freshmen Orientation

Black Freshman Orientation

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people, skin pigmentation or groups that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Onward and upward, I say.
Not sure where you are going with this one, but what the hell. Just got up??

I have NO problem with VOLUNTARY segregation. They are free to do that. However, don't preach forced DIVERSITY, and MULTI CULTURALTISM to me to make yourself feel better in the name of "fairness". Also, don't criticize whites if they tend to congregate, and live in areas with other white people.

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color
We have a long history in this country that is not easily overcome.

Even in the university setting there is a long history of dividing up into fraternities. Of course it was just white kids doing so in its earliest days.
You'd think we'd have evolved past this by now, but unfortunately we appear to be regressing.
I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

The problem is that we're obediently dancing for them.
I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?
You say you don't see. I doubt I have the capacity to get you to.

I think that constantly, relentlessly dividing Americans by immutable characteristics is wrong and counter-productive. I like the melting pot idea, where we're together. You disagree. That's about it.

It's important that we always strive to divide ourselves by skin color, particularly at our universities, where we want to demonstrate to our young people that we need to keep to "our own" absolutely as much as possible.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Notice the left changing over time.
In the 60s and 70s we had forced busing.
Now, since we had the first black president, we have segregation again.
It's like Obama ushered in another Jim Crow era.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people or groups that that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Identity politics at it's finest.
The Democrat Party used to be referred to as the "Big Tent" party. A place for everyone.
Now it is a "Series of small tents loosely tied together" - Party.
Instead of coming inside to be among all....everyone is shown which small tent they can be "special" in.
Is the Black Student Alliance affiliated with the Democratic Party?

I have no idea. I am speaking about identity politics. And the progressives are the ones doing it....and what party do Progressives belong to again?
Let's be honest. You don't really give a crap about inclusiveness in society. That's why people band together in the first place.

With continued and focused effort, one day we will be able to avoid exposing our young people to any words, ideas, concepts, thoughts, actions, people, skin pigmentation or groups that may cause them the slightest momentary discomfort.

Naw, just forwarding along news stories of our country's togetherness. Seemed like a warm & fuzzy.

We have a long history in this country that is not easily overcome.

Even in the university setting there is a long history of dividing up into fraternities. Of course it was just white kids doing so in its earliest days.
You'd think we'd have evolved past this by now, but unfortunately we appear to be regressing.
I would hope we would have. But be honest.....look around. It's easy to see why we haven't.
Sure. What I see are people on each end of the spectrum who have a vested interest in keeping us separate and angry.

I don't see how anyone could complain about what this organization is doing. They are simply promoting their individual interests within a group setting. Americans have been doing it forever. Why is it bad in this scenario?

I think that constantly, relentlessly dividing Americans by immutable characteristics is wrong and counter-productive. I like the melting pot idea, where we're together. You disagree. That's about it.
How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal? Keeping in mind that the ruling class drives our ruling ideology.

How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal?
You start by no longer dividing them into little competing tribes.

I really need to say that?

Naw, just forwarding along news stories of our country's togetherness. Seemed like a warm & fuzzy.

How do you bring people together in a society that promotes individualism as the ideal?

People divide themselves up. Why are they doing it?

I really don't like "20 Questions". You made your point, I made mine, we disagree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I really don't like "20 Questions". You made your point, I made mine, we disagree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
I see, so you aren't really interested in having a discussion. Only in promoting your personal viewpoint.

Everyone sees through you.

Last edited:

I see, so you aren't really interested in having a discussion. Only in promoting your personal viewpoint.

Everyone see through you.
I promoted mine, you promoted yours.

I'm satisfied with that. You're whining.

I have. The Melting Pot was a lie and always was.

Here's the thing. "Melting Pot" often means conforming. When my Grandparents came here from Germany one step ahead of the Nazis, they did a LOT of conforming. They pronounced the family name in a way that sounded LESS German. They stopped calling themselves "Ludwig" and "Magdelena" and started calling themselves "Louis" and "Helen". So today, no one in my family except myself speaks any German. (And I speak it poorly).

Now, that's all good, because frankly a white German and a White Anglo are practically indistinguishable. We "conformed" by essentially stopping being German.

Funny thing is, black folks can't stop being black. The cops won't stop pulling them over for a "DWB" (Driving While Black) no matter how much they conform. Yeah, maybe you're kid will get more callbacks on his resume if you name him "Michael" instead of "Jamal", but the result often ends up the same if you don't have a strong affirmative action policy.

I'm not sure what to make of this, can those of us, which is a great many people who have just a bit of black in our DNA come? LOL When humans abandon race what will divide them next? There's religion and class but who counts.

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide by Carol Anderson

Race is a myth:

The Myth of Race by Jefferson M. Fish
The Myth of Race: The Troubling Persistence of an Unscientific Idea by Robert Wald Sussman
A Dreadful Deceit: The Myth of Race from the Colonial Era to Obama's America by Jacqueline A. Jones

"To lay all of this at Trump’s feet would be to give him too much credit. As I’ve argued before, the misogynist, racist, nativist, anti-LGBT right wing that took over the GOP in 1980—of which Perkins himself is evidence—has much to answer for, not least of all, the rise of Donald Trump as the party’s standard-bearer. Trump may not have been the first choice of right-wing leaders, but they created the conditions that cleared his path to the nomination, and most have lined up behind him since he won it."

The Normalization of Evil in American Politics

Who divided them into competing tribes? Oh, yeah, that would be the white folks with their privilege.

I had a discussion at work once where we talked about ancestory.com and DNA tests, and I made the joke, channelling Bill Murray in Stripes, that "We're Americans, our ancestors got thrown out of every decent country in the world." To which the black girl replied, not angrily, not bitterly, just matter of factly. "Not mine. Mine were kidnapped."

Notice the left changing over time.
In the 60s and 70s we had forced busing.
Now, since we had the first black president, we have segregation again.
It's like Obama ushered in another Jim Crow era.
Racists blaming Obama for their racism is always amusing.

Forum List

Back