Here we go again. Repeal Ocare with TCare take Three.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
McConnell says they have till Sept 30th to pass it. I suppose since it eliminates the mandate & sends the money to the states I can support it.
Surprised Rand Paul would rather keep Ocare than pass this.

McConnell says they have till Sept 30th to pass it. I suppose since it eliminates the mandate & sends the money to the states I can support it.
As much as I prefer full repeal I agree. Paul better get what he can.

Republicans are punting and dumping healthcare on the states without funding

What? Its not our fault if the states don't provide healthcare

If I'm not mistaken, it is because he views Trump care as Obama care lite. He feels it doesn't go far enough!

• Banned

If I'm not mistaken, it is because he views Trump care as Obama care lite. He feels it doesn't go far enough!
You are correct but sometimes you have to take what you can get.

• Banned
Republicans are punting and dumping healthcare on the states without funding

What? Its not our fault if the states don't provide healthcare
The money is being sent to the states. Next year 45% of the counties in the US will have ONE OR NO Insurance options.
That is a recipe for huge plan hikes & fraud.

This is ocare with power to the states. Maybe rand just doesnt support failure.

OK thought you were asking why, my bad and I don't disagree. Sometimes yes you must compromise!

Yeah but when 90% of GrahmnestyCare is Obamacare, it's not a repeal at all, it's just reshuffling some money. There's no provision to allow insurance companies to compete across state lines either. I think this is really a farce, and if it passes and Trump signs it, I think he can kiss a second term goodbye.

If they don't ditch the Mandate, i'll consider it all a big failure. But we are talking about feckless GOP Congressional 'leadership.' So, another big failure certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Then perhaps he should roll up his sleeves, wade into Congress, do his job, and get 'er done. :p

Yeah but when 90% of GrahmnestyCare is Obamacare, it's not a repeal at all, it's just reshuffling some money. There's no provision to allow insurance companies to compete across state lines either. I think this is really a farce, and if it passes and Trump signs it, I think he can kiss a second term goodbye.
I want the mandate gone. That mandate stiffles growth in businesses.
I don't disagree that it's a shit bill BUT this may be the only shot we get at the mandate. If the GOP continues fucking around they're done. I'm less concerned with Trump winning in 2020 than I am with keeping the dems out of control in the house & Senate.

Have you rubes figured out yet that Trump hoaxed you? :lol:

LOL, the plan is just to just wreck current system, hand over grant money to states and let them deal with it.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

OK thought you were asking why, my bad and I don't disagree. Sometimes yes you must compromise![/QUOTE]
2 Points of View:

1. The 'Extremist': If you believe you are right, why would you want to compromise? Instead of taking all the 'poison' why would I compromise and only take a 'little bit' of the 'poison'.
-- Unless you have a near / a super-majority control of Congress (or a President willing to by-pass Congress and institute agenda as law through EO) you can not ram what you want into law alone.

2. Democracy runs on discussion, debate, and compromise when required to get things done.
-- Compromise is not the 'evil' politicians have made many come to believe it is.

LOL, the plan is just to just wreck current system, hand over grant money to states and let them deal with it. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
It could fail and Obamacare remains...until it finally collapses.

LOL, the plan is just to just wreck current system, hand over grant money to states and let them deal with it. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
It could fail and Obamacare remains...until it finally collapses.

There is only one thing collapsing Obamacare right now - REPUBLICANS and all the market uncertainty they are whipping up that makes any future planning for insurance companies a guessing game.

Trump said he had a replacement.

Now he can't even pass off a forgery to you rubes. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

He's letting others do all the work while he coasts on the stupidity and gullibility of his "base".

LOL, the plan is just to just wreck current system, hand over grant money to states and let them deal with it.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
The current system is already wrecked. Open your eyes! 45% of counties to have only one option or NO OPTIONS under the current system in 2018.

Forum List

Back