Here is what I think many of you believe.

Dude, you showed me a fuzzy picture of a wet statue (with no context) and demanded that I explain it. And then criticize me when I don't. Proving yet again my thesis that being saved requires one to lose all sense of the ironic.

Dude, the context was in the article accompanying the photos. Quite a few claims of factual events and eye witnesses in the text.

But forget it. Let’s face it… it does not matter how many eye witness testimonies are given, it can be 2 or 10 or 200, you will not accept them. That kind of makes it easy for you to sit where you now sit. God never showed you a thing. I guess Japanese nuns are prone to lying about these things in order to advance what cause? Cheap fame at the price of divine punishment? Makes zero sense. What also makes no sense is that these same nuns might be working with carpenter’s tools in the basement to devise a statue that can bleed blood from its eyes on cue.

So let me put it to you this way. God says knock and the door will be opened, seek and you will find. As long as you sit in your cynic’s throne and demand things be brought to you and so you can make some quick judgments and kick them aside, well, then, let neither of us expect any surprising results. You are neither knocking nor seeking sincerely (imo) --- because the truth is out there in a thousand different ways and reasons. It is up to you.

ummm, no.

You look just as pathetic as some unbelievers in these threads. You, too, afraid to face reality? You have that much animosity towards the Catholic faith that you would lie in order to look right to others? I really don't care.

Last edited:
I believe I ate a potato chip that had Jesus's face on it.

Uh oh! You have to decide whether the supernatural sign was from God or the evil one. You don't want to be guilty of having eaten Jesus in an unworthy manner.. Be careful how you choose dude.....

Just to be safe you had better go to confession, say some hail Mary's, light a few candles and recite a few novenas, bash yourself in the head with a hammer, and don't forget to put some cash in the collection basket on your way out.

Oddly, I was just listening to a song on the radio.

How can people be so heartless
How can people be so cruel
Easy to be hard, easy to be cold

How can people have no feelings
How can they ignore their friends
Easy to be proud, easy to say no

Especially people who care about strangers
Who care about evil, and social injustice
Do you only care about the be-in crowd?
How about a needing friend? I need a friend.

Note: I don’t need a friend, you do. You need Jesus as a friend.

Have you become maudlin from drinking too much wine?

Was it something I said?

Damn.....

Wow... three winners in a row... orangeman, the lion kid, and you.

Look, I find you to be just another one so filled with pride that he cannot resist saying something. Yet, your words have no meaning. I speak of a weeping statue and you come back with how can you Catholics worship a cracker. I ask questions asking for reasonable responses and you fail. So the last time I read your post that song was on the radio and it struck me funny. I thought, this is all the response this guy deserves until he becomes honest.

So since unbelievers cannot accept facts that make them uncomfortable I will try to be nice. Here it is Hobelim, you will one day die. At that moment you will see Jesus. He will love you but he will also be your judge. Your entire life will be played back for you in a brief moment and it will all then be crystal clear how often we were selfish and totally fooled ourselves pretending we had no way of knowing what God was saying to us. For many or most it will be a very scary time (even for me because purgatory likely awaits).

Anyway, do as you please, but I send you caution.

Dude, you showed me a fuzzy picture of a wet statue (with no context) and demanded that I explain it. And then criticize me when I don't. Proving yet again my thesis that being saved requires one to lose all sense of the ironic.

Dude, the context was in the article accompanying the photos. Quite a few claims of factual events and eye witnesses in the text.

But forget it. Let’s face it… it does not matter how many eye witness testimonies are given, it can be 2 or 10 or 200, you will not accept them. That kind of makes it easy for you to sit where you now sit. God never showed you a thing. I guess Japanese nuns are prone to lying about these things in order to advance what cause? Cheap fame at the price of divine punishment? Makes zero sense. What also makes no sense is that these same nuns might be working with carpenter’s tools in the basement to devise a statue that can bleed blood from its eyes on cue.

So let me put it to you this way. God says knock and the door will be opened, seek and you will find. As long as you sit in your cynic’s throne and demand things be brought to you and so you can make some quick judgments and kick them aside, well, then, let neither of us expect any surprising results. You are neither knocking nor seeking sincerely (imo) --- because the truth is out there in a thousand different ways and reasons. It is up to you.

Of course it doesn't matter how man anecdotes you present. Anecdotes are not scientific.

Seismic FAQ - Main Page

Anecdotes - stories recounted in support of a claim - do not make a science. WIthout corroborative evidence from other sources, or physical proof of some sort, ten anecdotes are no better than one, and a hundred anecdotes are no better than ten. Anecdotes are told by fallible human storytellers. Farmer Bob in Puckerbrush, Kansas, may be an honest, church-going, family man not obviously subject to delusions, but we need physical evidence of an alien spacecraft or alien bodies, not just a story about landings and abductions at 3:00 A.M. on a deserted country road. Likewise with many medical claims. Stories about how your Aunt Mary's cancer was cured by watching Marx brothers movies or taking liver extract from castrated chickens are meaningless. The cancer might have gone into remission on its own, which some cancers do; or it might have been misdiagnosed; or, or, or.... What we need are controlled experiments, not anecdotes. We need 100 subjects with cancer, all properly diagnosed and matched. Then we need 25 of the subjects to watch Marx brothers movies, 25 to watch Alfred Hitchcock movies, 25 to watch the news, and 25 to watch nothing. Then we need to deduct the average rate or remission for this type of cancer and then analyze the data for statistically significant differences between the groups. If there are statistically significant differences, we better get confirmation from other scientists who have conducted their own experiments separate from ours before we hold a press conference to announce the cure for cancer.

Ok by me if you just want to entertain yourself and play games pretending you won some battle against an imaginary foe. Whatever you just wrote there I consider a total surrender. Because you cannot address the facts of the case. Have a nice day.

Fact. There is no scientific evidence for the supernatural. Fact. Anecdotal evidence is not science. But I am happy to see that you concede that your god is imaginary. It's a start.

ummm, no.

You look just as pathetic as some unbelievers in these threads. You, too, afraid to face reality? You have that much animosity towards the Catholic faith that you would lie in order to look right to others? I really don't care.

Survey Finds Catholics Turning To Protestant Churches In Latin America To Find Relationship With God

A new Pew survey found that Latin American Catholics are increasingly leaving the Catholic Church, either to join evangelical Protestant churches or are abandoning religion altogether. The survey participants cited a search for a personal connection with God as the biggest reason for their shift.

The wide-ranging survey, released on Thursday, reported that although 69 percent of adults across the region identify as Catholic, in almost every country surveyed there was a reported net loss of Catholics in terms of people raised Catholic and currently Catholic. Overall for Latin America as a whole, 84 percent of the population was raised Catholic, but only 69 percent identify as part of the Catholic Church now.

By contrast, only nine percept of Latin America's population was raised in the Protestant tradition, but today 19 percent identify as Protestant. The number of religiously unaffiliated people is also rising, going from four percent raised without religion to currently eight percent identifying as no religion today.

As for various reasons why Latin Americans are leaving the Catholic Church, 81 percent of those who responded said that they are seeking a personal connection with God; 69 percent saidthey enjoy the style of worship at a new church, while 60 percent said that they wanted a greater emphasis on morality.

"Much of the movement away from Catholicism and toward Protestantism in Latin America has occurred in the span of a single lifetime. Indeed, in most of the countries surveyed, at least a third of current Protestants were raised in the Catholic Church, and half or more say they were baptized as Catholics," Pew pointed out.

Pew also highlighted that although Pope Francis has drawn much attention since his appointment in March 2013, only in his home country of Argentina, as well as in Uruguay, do the majority of ex-Catholics express a favorable view of the pope. In the other Latin American countries, only roughly half of ex-Catholics have a favorable view of the pontiff.

Uruguay has also been identified as having the largest percentage of religiously unaffiliated adults in Latin America, with close to 37 percent of its population. That number varies considerably across the region, with Bolivia, Peru and Paraguay all having less than 5 percent religiously unaffiliated people.

Young Hispanics in the United States have also been leaving the church and joining Protestant denominations according to reports. A Boston College study released earlier this year found that 59 percent of priests who serve Hispanic communities are older than 55, creating a generational gap.

Uh oh! You have to decide whether the supernatural sign was from God or the evil one. You don't want to be guilty of having eaten Jesus in an unworthy manner.. Be careful how you choose dude.....

Just to be safe you had better go to confession, say some hail Mary's, light a few candles and recite a few novenas, bash yourself in the head with a hammer, and don't forget to put some cash in the collection basket on your way out.

Was it something I said?

Damn.....

Look, I find you to be just another one so filled with pride that he cannot resist saying something. Yet, your words have no meaning. I speak of a weeping statue and you come back with how can you Catholics worship a cracker. I ask questions asking for reasonable responses and you fail. So the last time I read your post that song was on the radio and it struck me funny. I thought, this is all the response this guy deserves until he becomes honest.

So since unbelievers cannot accept facts that make them uncomfortable I will try to be nice. Here it is Hobelim, you will one day die. At that moment you will see Jesus. He will love you but he will also be your judge. Your entire life will be played back for you in a brief moment and it will all then be crystal clear how often we were selfish and totally fooled ourselves pretending we had no way of knowing what God was saying to us. For many or most it will be a very scary time (even for me because purgatory likely awaits).

so why do you long so much for a sign? Do you admit that satan can disguise himself as an angel of light? I don't see any weeping statues in the bible.

Look, I find you to be just another one so filled with pride that he cannot resist saying something. Yet, your words have no meaning. I speak of a weeping statue and you come back with how can you Catholics worship a cracker.

You really need to pay attention. I suggested that your gullibility concerning weeping statues is directly related your sin and consequent death for setting aside the divine commands and worshiping that which is made by human hands has no life and is not God. Because you have allowed your mind to be filled with irrational superstitious archaic lore your mind has become defiled and contaminated and you have lost the ability to ruminate rationally and distinguish between true and false and good and evil. That's why your conscious mind has been relegated to the realm of the dead where anything is possible, statues cry blood, invisible demons are lurking everywhere, the devil is after your soul, and a nonexistent triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father and then healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, hosted a magical fish sandwich party in the middle of a desert out of thin air, raised the dead and then was tortured and crucified, on purpose, because God loved the Romans so much, then came back to life and spooked his friends for a while before floating up into the sky.

You expect people to believe all that is literally true even though it contradicts the entire Bible, not to mention reality, yet you find it too hard to believe that the traditional interpretations of the stories about Jesus are completely false, thanks to the very same Church that has sucked the life out of your brain by tricking you into seeking spiritual life by eating something that has no life and scaring you into believing that every rational doubt about the garbage you have swallowed and any rational thought that might arise in your mind is a demonic attack from the devil himself effectively rendering your mind useless and your intentions, however good, as completely disconnected from your actions as if your were paralyzed, buried alive and entombed under a mountain of blasphemy..

A very scary time for even you? That's a shame.

I am looking forward to it. I have already passed from death to life. no judgment, no purgatory, no hell awaits me. my hands have been washed clean.

Last edited:
You really need to pay attention. I suggested that your gullibility concerning weeping statues is directly related your sin and consequent death for setting aside the divine commands and worshiping that which is made by human hands has no life and is not God. Because you have allowed your mind to be filled with irrational superstitious archaic lore your mind has become defiled and contaminated and you have lost the ability to ruminate rationally and distinguish between true and false and good and evil. That's why your conscious mind has been relegated to the realm of the dead where anything is possible, statues cry blood, invisible demons are lurking everywhere, the devil is after your soul, and a nonexistent triune god diddled a virgin to father himself so that he could become fully human without a human father and then healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, hosted a magical fish sandwich party in the middle of a desert out of thin air, raised the dead and then was tortured and crucified, on purpose, because God loved the Romans so much, then came back to life and spooked his friends for a while before floating up into the sky.

You expect people to believe all that is literally true even though it contradicts the entire Bible, not to mention reality, yet you find it too hard to believe that the traditional interpretations of the stories about Jesus are completely false, thanks to the very same Church that has sucked the life out of your brain by tricking you into seeking spiritual life by eating something that has no life and scaring you into believing that every rational doubt about the garbage you have swallowed and any rational thought that might arise in your mind is a demonic attack from the devil himself effectively rendering your mind useless and your intentions, however good, as completely disconnected from your actions as if your were paralyzed, buried alive and entombed under a mountain of blasphemy..

I am looking forward to it. I have already passed from death to life. no judgment, no purgatory, no hell awaits me. my hands have been washed clean.

You are truly a troubled soul, imo. What crazy assumptions you dare to claim as truth. . I doubt you even believe your own foul blasphemies.

Romans 1
For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools… And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, without understanding.

(I just picked out a few that might apply. You need to get to confession.)

Was it something I said?

Damn.....

so why do you long so much for a sign? Do you admit that satan can disguise himself as an angel of light? I don't see any weeping statues in the bible.

Yes, I noted satan can disguise himself as an angel well before you reminded us. So what are you trying to say instead of just saying it? Sounds like to me that you know in your heart those manifestations of certain weeping statues and paintings are surely supernatural. You are not that stupid to listen to the scoffers who have no credibility or the counter-proof, are you?

Yes, many of these statues of Mary weeping tears are supernatural in their origin. I would strongly caution you from saying they are from satan to deceive us. Scripture clearly warns against those boldly calling what is of the Spirit to be of the evil one.

Of course it doesn't matter how man anecdotes you present. Anecdotes are not scientific.

Seismic FAQ - Main Page

Anecdotes - stories recounted in support of a claim - do not make a science. WIthout corroborative evidence from other sources, or physical proof of some sort, ten anecdotes are no better than one, and a hundred anecdotes are no better than ten. Anecdotes are told by fallible human storytellers. Farmer Bob in Puckerbrush, Kansas, may be an honest, church-going, family man not obviously subject to delusions, but we need physical evidence of an alien spacecraft or alien bodies, not just a story about landings and abductions at 3:00 A.M. on a deserted country road. Likewise with many medical claims. Stories about how your Aunt Mary's cancer was cured by watching Marx brothers movies or taking liver extract from castrated chickens are meaningless. The cancer might have gone into remission on its own, which some cancers do; or it might have been misdiagnosed; or, or, or.... What we need are controlled experiments, not anecdotes. We need 100 subjects with cancer, all properly diagnosed and matched. Then we need 25 of the subjects to watch Marx brothers movies, 25 to watch Alfred Hitchcock movies, 25 to watch the news, and 25 to watch nothing. Then we need to deduct the average rate or remission for this type of cancer and then analyze the data for statistically significant differences between the groups. If there are statistically significant differences, we better get confirmation from other scientists who have conducted their own experiments separate from ours before we hold a press conference to announce the cure for cancer.

Ok by me if you just want to entertain yourself and play games pretending you won some battle against an imaginary foe. Whatever you just wrote there I consider a total surrender. Because you cannot address the facts of the case. Have a nice day.

Fact. There is no scientific evidence for the supernatural. Fact. Anecdotal evidence is not science. But I am happy to see that you concede that your god is imaginary. It's a start.

Fact. You do not know what a fact is.

You are truly a troubled soul, imo. What crazy assumptions you dare to claim as truth. . I doubt you even believe your own foul blasphemies.....You need to get to confession.)

I'm making crazy assumptions by pointing out the idolatrous nature of what you openly profess to believe and practice by worshiping a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a god that could give spiritual life to those who eat it?

I need to go to confession?

Right.....

What should I confess? Should I apologize to God for having an intelligent thought or should I apologize to God for exposing your sin that stands out like a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field and then to show God just how sorry I am for 'my sins' should I then get down on my knees and worship and eat a lifeless matzo made by human hands for spiritual life?

If I did that would I be saved just like you?

Not by the hairs of my chinny chin chin....

:funnyface:

Forum List

Back