Here comes Peter cotton tail....

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Peter Cotton tail,

was so happily hopping down the Bunny trail,

And The Killer, got him....he was laid to rest today.... so sad.....

I screamed and yelled at my cat and at the bunny rabbit to run for his life, and tried to chase them through the brush and woods, to stop the inevitable killing that was about to happen....

I did not succeed. The Killer (pronounced Killah) won the chase, and the battle..... sigh..... I hope it was not a Mrs Peter Cotton tail and she was still tending to baby rabbits..... sigh...:(

Deer also ate the tops of all my tomatoes plants but one....didn't touch the green pepper plants or the green bean plants....

I'm not having an enjoyable day of rest.... :(

Deer also ate the tops of all my tomatoes plants but one....didn't touch the green pepper plants or the green bean plants....

I'm not having an enjoyable day of rest.... :(
My sympathies.
Life in the fast lane.

the only consolation on the Hare's death is that there are about 50 plus others in the brush and woods around the house, and they have been doing a FANTASTIC job getting rid of my Clover weed in the yard....

What about a fence? .... :dunno:
for who? to keep my cat in? to keep the bunnies out? :lol:

we don't do fences in my part of Maine....I'm surrounded by at least 5000-10000 acres of woods with not even a handful of neighbors that share the space.... there are many more deer and Black Bears than people....(and bunny rabbits, and Raccoons and porcupines, and red squirrels and chipmunks, and weasels and bob cats and coyotes and Beavers, and muskrats by the creek wetlands part, and skunks!)

Last edited:
this is the very first year out of the past 10 years being here, that the deer ate my tomatoes plants....

i don't know what changed to make them do that?

this is the very first year out of the past 10 years being here, that the deer ate my tomatoes plants....

Really? Just consider yourself lucky that it's the first time. We've tried everything over the years--aluminum pie plates on a string, a radio left on all night in the garden, human hair (from the barber). My aunt had it right--plant some for you and some for the deer.
I'm sorry, though, they got all your tomatoes. It's too late now to start over.

Really? Just consider yourself lucky that it's the first time. We've tried everything over the years--aluminum pie plates on a string, a radio left on all night in the garden, human hair (from the barber). My aunt had it right--plant some for you and some for the deer.
I'm sorry, though, they got all your tomatoes. It's too late now to start over.
all but 1 tomato plant, so I'm gonna put it in a big planter and up on the deck....hoping to save it.

My cat chases and catches them...then lets them go so he can chase them again.
My cat tears their heads off, eats them, then digs a hole then buries the rest of their bodies to keep the meat fresh under the cooler ground so she can come back and eat them later....:eek:

That is what she did when she first found us and decided to make her home here....she was a stray or some one dropped her off in these woods when she was a kitten to get rid of her....

She's a hunter and a survivor! she can climb very tall trees too, and she knows how to climb back down.....unlike most kitties where you have to call the fire truck to get them back down.... even straight up and down telephone poles, (much to our dismay) she can climb to the top, and back up down, when she is in her "crooked tail" mode...

you have a good kitty!

I, have a KILLER.... she's a Killah!!!
Too well mannered to let roam...someone would sccop him up, Only allowed out under supervision. His younger bigger brother likes to chase the squirrels, don't let him catch any case they get a lucky bite or swipe in due to his being declawed. Don't need huge vet bill

you have a good kitty!

I, have a KILLER.... she's a Killah!!!
Too well mannered to let roam...someone would sccop him up, Only allowed out under supervision. His younger bigger brother likes to chase the squirrels, don't let him catch any case they get a lucky bite or swipe in due to his being declawed. Don't need huge vet bill
my cat could not live without her sharp claws in this neck of the woods! Plus, she simply is an outdoor cat...could not live happily inside a house with no outdoor time...

Our other cat, was an indoor cat and would venture out on to the deck or in to the yard if we were sitting there with her...but overall, she loved the inside of the house and would be happy even if she never went out.....she died of cancer, at 16....

I think this cat is 7 years old now....maybe 8

she, the other cat, died a few years ago

Last edited:

Forum List

Back