Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee

I really have no problem with Charles, though I suspect I'm probably in the minority. My brother knows them all quite well (shoots with them even now and again). Says Charles is very intelligent and well informed, and apparently very pleasant in person, once you've got used to him.

I think he kinda blew his popularity with the whole 'Diana' thing. I just don't see how he can be as loved as his Mom clearly is. He should take a pass on the crown and hand it straight over to Wills... that guy is clearly adored by the people... he has his mother's way about him. Watching him and Kate earlier reminded me of Diana.

I hear a lot of people say that but seriously, I wouldn't want it. Once he becomes King his life would effectively be over and he becomes the property of the State. I think he deserves to have a life first.

Also, we've had one King in relatively recent history who betrayed his responsibility and dropped it on someone who was unprepared. You'll find there is a lot of bitterness still in the Royal Family about that, though arguably less since the Queen Mother died.

Best thing that ever happened to your royal family was for that selfish Nazi Lover Edward to abdicate and hand over to King George. He was, from what I've read, quite an impressive man. Having watched The King's Speech, I felt inclined to find out more about him so I read up on him. He - and the Queen Mother - were a remarkable couple.

Gotta say, that whole 'Dunkirk' thing gave me a whole new respect for your island. You are an exceptionally brave bunch - such a small island, such a massive global impact. And, I do like the Queen. She's incredible for her age... sure, she's had a privileged life but she has given a lot to the country in return, I think. Pity y'all have Charles to look forward to. :lol: William is gonna rock as King.

I really have no problem with Charles, though I suspect I'm probably in the minority. My brother knows them all quite well (shoots with them even now and again). Says Charles is very intelligent and well informed, and apparently very pleasant in person, once you've got used to him.

I think he kinda blew his popularity with the whole 'Diana' thing. I just don't see how he can be as loved as his Mom clearly is. He should take a pass on the crown and hand it straight over to Wills... that guy is clearly adored by the people... he has his mother's way about him. Watching him and Kate earlier reminded me of Diana.

I agree the "Diana thing" is his problem. It's sad in it's own way, both because it's clear he loved Camilla all along and was forced to marry Diana and because Diana isn't the saint she's made out to be (does anyone really believe Harry is Charles's son?).

As for the events, I really enjoyed watching the flotilla yesterday. I wish I still had BBC America, because watching it with Piers Morgan hosting made me want to drink battery acid.

Not that I give a shit, but what did the British taxpayers have to cough up for this little soiree?

As for the events, I really enjoyed watching the flotilla yesterday. I wish I still had BBC America, because watching it with Piers Morgan hosting made me want to drink battery acid.

Piers is a complete waste of space.

Not that I give a shit, but what did the British taxpayers have to cough up for this little soiree?

It was worth every penny.

My understanding is that a substantial amount of the cost is met through sponsorship... some of it certainly from taxpayers - however, it's generated a huge amount of tourism and, combined with the Olympics, it's a big year for British tourism. Good for them.

Having lived here for a few years, I've got a much better understanding of their royal family - while I wouldn't want a monarchy in my country... it works for them and I won't knock them for it. The British clearly adore the Queen and she clearly adores them right back.

My understanding is that a substantial amount of the cost is met through sponsorship... some of it certainly from taxpayers - however, it's generated a huge amount of tourism and, combined with the Olympics, it's a big year for British tourism. Good for them.

Having lived here for a few years, I've got a much better understanding of their royal family - while I wouldn't want a monarchy in my country... it works for them and I won't knock them for it. The British clearly adore the Queen and she clearly adores them right back.

It generates some tourism, but that's probably cancelled out by the decline in productivity from all of the off days. I still think it's a benefit though. Having a monarch without any real powers is pretty great, in that it gives people something to look at as a personification of the state that isn't a political actor. That creates a political process that's more accountable, in my opinion.

I was in London when the Queen Mums 80th birthday was being celebrated - in summer of 1980.

Brits take their royalty serious.

It was my ancestors gold from Ghanna, and Diamonds from South Africa, and my peoples Rum, and Sugar from Jamaica that made those Royals millions upon billions of pounds and dollars.
It was my ancestors slave labor that made the Royal Family rich today.

When will we Jamaicans and Africans that the British stole from going to receive any payments.
You British are theives. Most of the artifacts in that British museum was stolen out of many countries,
taken without permission.
When are you British going to pay.??
When will the Queen pay us some of her riches?

It was my ancestors gold from Ghanna, and Diamonds from South Africa, and my peoples Rum, and Sugar from Jamaica that made those Royals millions upon billions of pounds and dollars.

When will we Jamaicans and Africans that the British stole from going to receive any payments.
You British are theives. Most of the artifacts in that British museum was stolen out of many countries,

can i get a shine, please?

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Many of the historic Dunkirk 'Little Ships' in the Thames flotilla. My Great Uncle was evacuated from Dunkirk in 1940. Wonder if it was in one of those boats.....

Gotta say, that whole 'Dunkirk' thing gave me a whole new respect for your island. You are an exceptionally brave bunch - such a small island, such a massive global impact. And, I do like the Queen. She's incredible for her age... sure, she's had a privileged life but she has given a lot to the country in return, I think. Pity y'all have Charles to look forward to. :lol: William is gonna rock as King.

I remember Charlie being at the forefront of sustainability and all that jazz...organic food etc....People laughed at him trying to turn the Duchy of Cornwall into a sustainable affair....I think he did OK.

No, but you can get stuck up and robbed by a Slavery reparations armed robbery Gang of Blacks. So we can extract some slavery reparations from you by force.

No, but you can get stuck up and robbed by a Slavery reparations armed robbery Gang of Blacks. So we can extract some slavery reparations from you by force.

i'll give you $3/hour to wear a jockey uniform and hold a lantern in my front yard.

$4/hr if you say "yowsah" on the hour and half hour.

final offer

i'll give you $3/hour to wear a jockey uniform and hold a lantern in my front yard.

final offer

Just watch out for that slavery reparations armed robbery gang.
Now thats real!!

Ill admit it...i enjoy the Royals. It must be that British ancestry.

final offer

Just watch out for that slavery reparations armed robbery gang.
Now thats real!!

of course it is.

so is peter pan

It generates some tourism, but that's probably cancelled out by the decline in productivity from all of the off days. I still think it's a benefit though. Having a monarch without any real powers is pretty great, in that it gives people something to look at as a personification of the state that isn't a political actor. That creates a political process that's more accountable, in my opinion.

The royal family generate a huge amount of tourism, they trek around the globe promoting the countries of Britain and some of them work quite hard... particularly the Queen. I agree that having her as a figurehead gives a stability to their nation that works well, for them. Americans are far too rebellious to tolerate such a thing but that's also fine. I just quite like the whole tradition of it.... it's their country and, if there was a strong desire for a republic, that's what they'd have. As far as I can tell, the Brits have no desire to scrap their monarchy.

Oh please.

The British Royal family was rich when your people were eating one another. The black race is NOT the center of the universe.

Hip Hip Hooray for the Queen. Long may she reign. And William follow her.

Forum List

Back