Hemp, a clean Renewable fuel source

The positive implications of this crop are many, and no speculation is required. Just learn history -

(no really , you need to)

Hemp Facts

*Hemp has been grown for at least the last 12,000 years for fiber (textiles and paper) and food. It has been effectively prohibited in the United States since the 1950s.

*George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.

*When US sources of "Manila hemp" (not true hemp) was cut off by the Japanese in WWII, the US Army and US Department of Agriculture promoted the "Hemp for Victory" campaign to grow hemp in the US.

*Because of its importance for sails (the word "canvass" is rooted in "cannabis") and rope for ships, hemp was a required crop in the American colonies.

so all the links that have been posted were inaccurate fantasys by potheads? are you an oil executive?

I addressed Allie's earlier post, pretty close to a replicant of this and she ignored it, it dealt with the realistic picture we'd be looking at in farming hemp.

And, Hemp usually has .05%THC---ever hearda the term Industrial Marijuana?
:D

Baba I've grown weed plants in the crappiest of dirt...
...You wouldn't need to replace ANY food crops, PERIOD. All you need is a decent sandy loam. Sandy loam makes up the majority of the dirt in this country. The only places you wouldn't have success are in the north where the growing season is too short. But even there, you could grow marijuana. It matures in about 3 to 4 months. You just wouldn't have the benefit of growing it in mass quantity for hemp production.

Look here, too:The Lompoc Record)

To see this:

"...Hemp has so little THC in it, the psychoactive component in marijuana, that it cannot be ingested in any manner to get the marijuana high. Yet, hemp cannot be grown commercially in the United States because the DEA, not the Department of Agriculture, seems unable to distinguish between grape juice and wine. As of the fall of ‘07, two North Dakota farmers have been tied up in federal court by the DEA as the farmers' state issued, state condoned permit to grow industrial hemp was overridden by federal Judge Daniel Hovland. (see Vote Hemp: Information: Legal Cases: North Dakota watch the video.) However, things do not seem to be going well for the DEA as they face irritated farmers in North Dakota, Kentucky, Vermont, California, Oregon, and the list goes on..." [the link to the video doesn't work, naturally.]

"...While Europe is converting tens of thousands of acres to growing hemp, as is Canada, the United States remains the only major industrialized nation to prohibit the growing or processing of hemp. From the founding of Jamestown in 1607, in which residents were required to grow hemp, to the World War II “Hemp for Victory” program, the United States had made abundant use of hemp throughout its history. We've all heard how the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper as nearly all paper at the time came from hemp. Henry Ford even built a car out of hemp that could run on hemp oil..."

Then this:

Please go online to see some of the thriving hemp farms in Canada and Europe (HIA: Hemp Industries Association: Industrial Hemp Trade Group, Education & Industry Development).

Charles, who do you mean, fools? I only saw Allie standing alone over there.

Plus, there's always some bright side, even against the propaganda machine; didja see the post I made in Current Events about VT passing hemp farming bill??..

I am pro hemp
and pro legalization

the argument against is silly
time for a national refferendum

You'll find yourself in good company here; I'm new, too, but see there'r plenty of advocates here, some really know what they're talking about, too, so you might find entertainment...:D

Meanwhile, I posted a link in Current Events about VT having passed a hemp-farming bill this July 1, 2008, if you're interested.

Here's a blurb:

"Vermont Hemp Farming Bill Becomes Law

MONTPELIER, Vermont — Vote Hemp, a grassroots advocacy organization working to give farmers the right to grow non-drug industrial hemp, is extremely pleased that the Vermont Secretary of State's office accepted Formal Opinion #2008-1 from the Office of the Attorney General and gave H.267, the Hemp for Vermont bill, the designation of Act No. 212 last Friday. There had been a constitutional controversy as Governor Jim Douglas forwarded H.267 to the Secretary of State intending it to become law without his signature. The bill had overwhelmingly passed both the House (127 to 9) and the Senate (25 to 1). The new law sets up a state-regulated program for farmers to grow non-drug industrial hemp which is used in a wide variety of products, including nutritious foods, cosmetics, body care, clothing, tree-free paper, auto parts, building materials and much more. Learn more about industrial hemp at the Vote Hemp Web site..."

Marijuana and hemp are different plants.

Many cannabinoids have been identified, but two preponderate: THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient of Cannabis, and CBD, which is an antipsychoactive ingredient. One type of Cannabis is high in the psychoactive cannabinoid, THC, and low in the antipsychoactive cannabinoid, CBD. This type is popularly known as marijuana. Another type is high in CBD and low in THC. Variants of this type are called industrial hemp.

the antimarijuana. :)

Do you think it is possible for you to be so narrow-minded on a wider array of topics than you already are?

What logic has brought you to the conclusion that anyone who wants to consume marijuana themselves wants to waste it in their vehicles?

I have no problem with using it if it works and I CAN'T smoke weed ... I'm allergic to it. Kind of blows your "pothead" theory out of the water, doesn't it?

Hemp is not pot any-damned-way, you ignoramus. Hemp is made from the stems, not the buds, and no one that calls themselves a pot smoker is going to smoke the stems. Pot smokers go to some effort as a matter of fact to ensure all the stems and seeds are cleaned out of what they smoke.

Try getting your facts straight before making such an uniformed comment denigrating people you obviously don't know a damned thing about.

...on All counts!:popcorn:

Forum List

Back