Hemp, a clean Renewable fuel source

Marijuana and hemp are different plants.

HEMP AND MARIJUANA: Myths and Realities

Botanically, the genus Cannabis is composed of several variants. Although there has been a long-standing debate among taxonomists about how to classify these variants into species, applied plant breeders generally embrace a biochemical method to classify variants along utilitarian lines. Cannabis is the only plant genus that contains the unique class of molecular compounds called cannabinoids. Many cannabinoids have been identified, but two preponderate: THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient of Cannabis, and CBD, which is an antipsychoactive ingredient. One type of Cannabis is high in the psychoactive cannabinoid, THC, and low in the antipsychoactive cannabinoid, CBD. This type is popularly known as marijuana. Another type is high in CBD and low in THC. Variants of this type are called industrial hemp.

solar will never be able to power the country alone. remember, plants absorb CO2. so crops like hemp would absorb, then be released, then absorbed....
not completely neutral, but close, which is a lot better than oil.

Won't it?

Experts inform us that solar energy will be able to solve the world's energy problems.

No I doubt it will be Co2 neutral because the Co2 used developing the plants, converting the stuff to fuels, translporting it and so forth will ALSO be part of the pollution equasion just as it is now for ethanol

Sun to electic solar panels does not have that problem. They generation ZERO pollution.

don't get me wrong. I'm all for industrial hemp.

Just not for this problem.

Won't it?

Experts inform us that solar energy will be able to solve the world's energy problems.

No I doubt it will be Co2 neutral because the Co2 used developing the plants, converting the stuff to fuels, translporting it and so forth will ALSO be part of the pollution equasion just as it is now for ethanol

Sun to electic solar panels does not have that problem. They generation ZERO pollution.

don't get me wrong. I'm all for industrial hemp.

Just not for this problem.

do you have a link for this? everything ive read says that solar is very limited, it would take up far too much space to be effective, expensive to produce (except for the new sheets, but they arent very efficient).

dont get me wrong, im a big solar energy supporter. i want panels to be placed on the roofs of every house, over parking lots, and over highways in sunny areas. but it was my understanding that it wouldnt be possible to provide all our power.

and as for the transportation emissions, most experts want processing plants no further than 50 miles from the growth areas. this is to cut down on transportation costs and provide local jobs all over the country.

and how bout bringing back the electric car and decreasing rail prices?

TACO has it right. diversification is key.

do you have a link for this? everything ive read says that solar is very limited, it would take up far too much space to be effective, expensive to produce (except for the new sheets, but they arent very efficient).

dont get me wrong, im a big solar energy supporter. i want panels to be placed on the roofs of every house, over parking lots, and over highways in sunny areas. but it was my understanding that it wouldnt be possible to provide all our power.

and as for the transportation emissions, most experts want processing plants no further than 50 miles from the growth areas. this is to cut down on transportation costs and provide local jobs all over the country.

and how bout bringing back the electric car and decreasing rail prices?

TACO has it right. diversification is key.

solar power industrial scale - Google Search

Of course we will have to continue using and expanding what we've got now, but solar is the way of the future.

That's my only point.

Burning STUFF (doesn't matter what) is retro tech.

The sooner we focus our attentions on solar power, the sooner we can phase out the ancient systems that are killing us now.

So many babes in the woods, I can only take solace knowing most of you will be hardened, and become more Conservative with lifes exsperiances. Because right not you people remind me of a Carl Marx love fest.

solar power industrial scale - Google Search

Of course we will have to continue using and expanding what we've got now, but solar is the way of the future.

That's my only point.

Burning STUFF (doesn't matter what) is retro tech.

The sooner we focus our attentions on solar power, the sooner we can phase out the ancient systems that are killing us now.

very interesting. i would be surprised if solar is used widely, however, due to the hurt it would put on the oil, coal, nuclear industries.

link to a plan for powering a large majority of the US by solar
A Solar Grand Plan: Scientific American

So many babes in the woods, I can only take solace knowing most of you will be hardened, and become more Conservative with lifes exsperiances. Because right not you people remind me of a Carl Marx love fest.

Oh, you arrogant puppy.

This delusion of your mature outlook in life, is something you read in Reader's digest or something?

Solar is inefficient, and not a viable replacement for oil.

I know enough about hemp to know that they are smallish plants, and despite your claims, they do NOT grow in any climate or in any soil. I know it is related to pot and pot is difficult to grow, anywhere except a few select areas. And I know that in order to manke any sort of impact on the nation's energy crunch, you'd have to take food crops out and put hemp in. There aren't enough backyards in the US to grow the hemp it would take to fuel one small town for even a short period of time, I imagine.

Like I said, it's just a pipe dream, perpetuated by "Pot First" folks.

what are you even talking about? wanting to stop being addicted to oil (who said that?) makes us marxists?

It's marxist because you're willing to make people suffer in order to control them.

YOu don't like oil, and you don't care how many people suffer when you refuse them access to it.

I know enough about hemp to know that they are smallish plants, and despite your claims, they do NOT grow in any climate or in any soil. I know it is related to pot and pot is difficult to grow, anywhere except a few select areas. And I know that in order to manke any sort of impact on the nation's energy crunch, you'd have to take food crops out and put hemp in. There aren't enough backyards in the US to grow the hemp it would take to fuel one small town for even a short period of time, I imagine.

so all the links that have been posted were inaccurate fantasys by potheads? are you an oil executive?

Baba I've grown weed plants in the crappiest of dirt. You are so wrong, on so many levels, and it's a damn shame really.

You wouldn't need to replace ANY food crops, PERIOD. All you need is a decent sandy loam. Sandy loam makes up the majority of the dirt in this country. The only places you wouldn't have success are in the north where the growing season is too short. But even there, you could grow marijuana. It matures in about 3 to 4 months. You just wouldn't have the benefit of growing it in mass quantity for hemp production.

Do us all a favor and stay out of topics you are obviously less than educated on, ok?

You are so full of shit, and as I knew, you are a pot head.

Decent sady loam does not make up the majority of the dirt in this country, dumb ass. And the majority of the dirt that lends itself to farming is ALREADY BEING FARMED. Unless you plan to clear off trees.

Step away from the bong, dude and study agriculture before you make yourself look any more stupid than you already do. This is right up there with the yahoos who have never even seen a farm claiming, "There's all kinds of land out there that isn't being used for ANYTHING." Referring, of course, to crop land which is in rotation and is RESTING, for God's sakes. They, like you, are so stupid they don't even grasp the most basic of agricultural concepts.

Try to grow weed out here and I'll show you a bunch of scrawny, pathetic, 3-leaf plants. Not much cellulose there.

Babes in the woods, huh? Howso? If you have THE definitive answer for a viable alterante source of energy, feel free to produce it.

I'll wait.

Allie-

you couldn't be more entirely wrong about where hemp and pot will grow. I've seen it grown in some pretty insane places. If you think it's hard to grow, you are exposing yourself as ignorant as possible. Seriously.

(But I can already tell, facts ain't your bag...petulant dismissive hand waves is your bag...so 'skater in the 80's', dude.)

There are varieties that have been specifically hybridized to grow anywhere from Hawaii to Alaska, although by nature, it is native to more temperate climates. And even when it was also a large, national crop, people still grew their own private fields of it for profit.

The positive implications of this crop are many, and no speculation is required. Just learn history -

(no really , you need to)

Last edited:
Try to grow weed out here and I'll show you a bunch of scrawny, pathetic, 3-leaf plants. Not much cellulose there.[/QUOTE]

Seen it done. You are WAAAAAAY wrong.

Again Hemp is not pot, Industrial hemp can be grown in many places weed can not.

But why am I bothering arguing with fools anyways.

Allie will never admit when she's wrong. Even though she is so obviously wrong on this issue, she still presses on, hoping that she can get some of the shit she's throwing to stick on the wall.

guess im a pothead for wanting the most efficient crops to be used for ethanol (rolls eyes)

Hemp for Victory

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY]YouTube - Hemp For Victory[/ame]

You've probably heard of it plenty, but just in case. [If you scroll down from the video itself to the comments, I think Von had something there.]:D

Forum List

Back