Help with healthy snack suggestions please.

I know.... sorry to hear....:(

But I love salt! I just love it I don't see myself stop having salt, ever! :)
Since I started a high blood pressure medication a couple years ago, it makes me pee more which led to a loss of interest in sweets and a craving for salt. But at least my sodium levels are always normal on the doctors annual checkup.

I've also been working on "dips" lately.

A good one I invented is a teaspoon of cole slaw dressing mixed with a teaspoon of horseraddish. Then I dip brussel sprouts in it or a hard boiled egg.

Very flavorful and has a nice bite to it!

So let's talk about WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EAT.

Processed meats are horrible for you. Sausage is one of the worst things you can put in your body.

If you take it home raw & cook it yourself it should be OK (except bacon or sausage).

But you should try to avoid ham, sliced lunch meat, or any meat fried in oil (like chicken nuggets or a chicken sammich).
Does it really matter?
As long as one doesn't overdo - keeps active and even engages towards some sports, one can eat whatever he/she decides upon.
BTW - AFAIK there is no such thing as "healthy" snacks. Unless on want's to go with unflavored/unsalted/unsweetened dry biscuits.

I've also been working on "dips" lately.

A good one I invented is a teaspoon of cole slaw dressing mixed with a teaspoon of horseraddish. Then I dip brussel sprouts in it or a hard boiled egg.

Very flavorful and has a nice bite to it!

I usually have my sandwiches with "dips"! I put any dip, like olive dip, or sweet potato and cashew dip, or there is this delicious dip it's a pesto dip, like the pesto you put in your pasta, but this is a dip, and wow it is so amazing!

so then I put that and then some chicken slices on top....yummy!

The other day I poured a bowl of corn checks and opened a can of peaches & poured the fruit juice from the can into the bowl (milk does not agree with me).

HOLY BUCKETS was that good! :eek2yum:

I recently started making this again in my Vitamix, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a regular blender. It's really good, and healthy. Pretzels, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Towne House Pita crackers - any delivery method ends up tasting good.

I absolutely love love love hummus and pita chips.

Unfortunately Bananas are about the worst fruits one can eat - you might just as well devour chocolate ice-cream topped with whip-cream and scooping it up with a chocolate bar.

Try 1-2 Granny Smith apples if you get a hunger or appetite.
Why are bananas bad for me? Simply because of natural sugars?

Why are bananas bad for me? Simply because of natural sugars?
I myself love bananas - but I can see a significant weight increase every-time upon having eaten them - so I more or less stopped eating them, and it works.
I guess it also depend on ones individual metabolism.

My go to snack is carrots and hummus, they go together so well. Pita bread is full of carbs and it's not a good snack for me. My next go to snack is low sugar yogurt, blueberries and walnuts. So, so delicious.

A reminder about fruits: Some of them should be avoided, particularly melons and grapes, due to their high sugar content. Some fruits that you can enjoy, in moderation, are apples, pears, peaches, raspberries, and blueberries. I'm avoiding all sugars,. and the only daily sugars I consume are blueberries and an apple, daily.

Have you tried the Planters Sweet and Spicy peanuts? They're spicy!

View attachment 772858
I am into the Keto diet so have come up with a few things I take to work for lunch. I don't always like to cook so I do pack "snacky" things, generally.

1) Pickles
2) People's Choice beef jerky (no sugar)
3) Boiled eggs (can be purchased pre-boiled at the store).
4) Olives
5) Cheese
6) Macadamia nuts or Pistachios

Those are some of my favorites and the ones I can think of at the moment.

Forum List

Back