Help with healthy snack suggestions please.

Sometimes overkill works for me. If I'm seriously craving chocolate...I'll break a cookie in half & eat each half with a rolo or a square of cadbury caramello.

It's so damn rich that 1 or 2 bites is more than enough.

Bananas are my go-to healthy option. I will buy three bundles at times. Apples are next in that list. However, the options seem limited. I have some oranges, grapes are a pain to maintain.
Unfortunately Bananas are about the worst fruits one can eat - you might just as well devour chocolate ice-cream topped with whip-cream and scooping it up with a chocolate bar.

Try 1-2 Granny Smith apples if you get a hunger or appetite.

I love pretzels!!! But unfortunately I have to watch my salt intake as well :206:

My favorite were those tiny little pretzel sticks!

I know.... sorry to hear....:(

But I love salt! I just love it I don't see myself stop having salt, ever! :)

I love pretzels!!! But unfortunately I have to watch my salt intake as well :206:

My favorite were those tiny little pretzel sticks!
Pretzel Crack
download (15).jpeg

I can't stop myself.

So let's talk about WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EAT.

Processed meats are horrible for you. Sausage is one of the worst things you can put in your body.

If you take it home raw & cook it yourself it should be OK (except bacon or sausage).

But you should try to avoid ham, sliced lunch meat, or any meat fried in oil (like chicken nuggets or a chicken sammich).

So let's talk about WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EAT.

Processed meats are horrible for you. Sausage is one of the worst things you can put in your body.

If you take it home raw & cook it yourself it should be OK (except bacon or sausage).

But you should try to avoid ham, sliced lunch meat, or any meat fried in oil (like chicken nuggets or a chicken sammich).
I eat all them things.

I am gonna die.

Skye...I agree 100%...I love salt to!

But ever since I had my chest sawed open I ain't had a choice in the matter. I can gain 3 or 4 pounds in one night if I have to much salt (water retention...bad for the heart).

I'm sorry to hear, Thunk! :(

I recently started making this again in my Vitamix, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a regular blender. It's really good, and healthy. Pretzels, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Towne House Pita crackers - any delivery method ends up tasting good.

Forum List

Back