Help with healthy snack suggestions please.

Aug 6, 2012
I am pretty consistent with making healthy lunches and dinners. Where I am often deficient is in my snack decisions. I constantly reach for the granola bars and even chips (never had chips much at all before I met my wife, sigh).

Bananas are my go-to healthy option. I will buy three bundles at times. Apples are next in that list. However, the options seem limited. I have some oranges, grapes are a pain to maintain.

Any suggestions on good, healthy snack options, particularly low in sugar? I'd love some natural bars without sugar. Maybe the soft ones.

I am pretty consistent with making healthy lunches and dinners. Where I am often deficient is in my snack decisions. I constantly reach for the granola bars and even chips (never had chips much at all before I met my wife, sigh).

Bananas are my go-to healthy option. I will buy three bundles at times. Apples are next in that list. However, the options seem limited. I have some oranges, grapes are a pain to maintain.

Any suggestions on good, healthy snack options, particularly low in sugar? I'd love some natural bars without sugar. Maybe the soft ones.
popcorn no butter

Cashews

Freeze maple surrup in the ice cube tray, with some popsicles stuck in

Hazel nuts have some great cancer preventative compounds

512.jpeg

Wow, looks like I am not the only one that snacks on peanuts.

What I also like, as my "dessert," or sweet snack, in moderation, bite sized dark chocolate, something in the higher quality cocoa content range, like Dove or Ghirardelli, and five or six almonds with them.

It can get kind of pricey, but I can make a bag of each last three weeks.

And I love to snack on baby carrots, organic home jarred pickles, & bell pepper slices. Other folks pick their favorite veggies from traditional Crudités food, but those keep me the most regular. Occasionally radishes.

I don't care much for the dipping sauces though. . .

Get a bag of frozen cherries and blueberries...it's convenient.

Cinnamon apple sauce and grape nuts (tastes just like apple crisp but it's healthy)...

A bowl of blueberries with a small piece of poppy seed cake (the greatest blueberry muffin you ever tasted).

A bowl of cherries topped with yoplait cherry yogurt...I call that "Cherry bomb". Can also add a healthy boxed cereal to turn it into a parfait.

Canned peaches (packed in fruit juice) with any cereal tastes like a peach pie.

Forum List

Back