Help us choose a destination!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fuzzykitten99, Nov 20, 2004.

?

Where to go?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2004.
  1. New York City

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Florida (Orlando/Tampa Bay/Key West)

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Las Vegas/Grand Canyon

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. California (LA/Disneyland/Pacific coast hwy/san francisco)

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. Texas (San Antonio/Dallas/Houston)

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  6. Other---meaning any other suggestions for spots.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    My hubby and I are trying to decide where to go next year. We bought 2 tickets to Phoenix in October, but my hubby was not able to go, so we still have the ticket, good until Sept 24, 2005, anywhere we want to go in the US. Basically, we are planning another trip somewhere to use the ticket, and also to take a vacation.

The following cities/states are where we are looking into. I have been to NYC before, and I think that my hubby would have fun there too. We both want to visit Florida again. I have not seen the Pacific Ocean yet, and want to see Beverly Hills, etc. Las Vegas would also be fun, and from there drive to see the Grand Canyon. None of us have been in Texas other than passing through, and there is A LOT to do there.

Really, it's up in the air. cost is somewhat of an issue, so that is also a factor, so maybe we will have to save NYC for another time (i remember how expensive it was back in 97!). But, I will trust those who have been to these places for recommendations.

Also, the timeframe would be from May through September, so if anyone has any tips on that too...

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Wow, lots of choices......

A cheap way to go and see a lot, if you like the outdoors especially, would be to fly someplace and then go to a National Park. Vegas will be hot'r-n-hell May thru Sept, so that is something to think about......

Maybe you could fly into Denver and then hit the mountains, or fly into El Paso and then drive down to Big Bend National Park. It is at a decent elevation, so the weather wouldn't be too bad.....

Other suggestions would be to fly into Vegas, then drive to LA and San Diego..... The beaches are nice and you can go to Sea World in SD, and all the studios, Hollywood, etc. in LA.

The drive from LA to San Fran is probably further than you think..... LA/SD are about 4 hours from Vegas.

You're right about NYC being expensive and it can get pretty muggy during the summer months.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I voted for Texas. I would love to go there. I would have voted NYC or Florida,but since you haveallready been there,I though Texas would be a different place to go. Personally,I would love to see NYC too,but that would probably have to be after we hit the lottery!!!!

4. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Any kids fuzzy or just the two of you?

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    HEY !--you forgot to put Austin on your Texas list ! It's the prettiest of them all--best live music--and all the rest of the cities and be easily reached for from Austin. We are truly the HEART OF TEXAS!

6. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Austin is a great city for night life, and is quite a sight too. Corpus Chrisiti is a great city as well.

Personally, I highly recommend San Antonio, especially for someone who likes history. Granted, it's more Texas history and might not mean as much to someone from another part of the country. There's also a place called Howl at the Moon(?) that's a blast and, of course, the River Walk.

7. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    just the 2 of us. Nathan would make it too hard. we won't have a problem with finding someone to take him for a week-we have an abundance of babysitters.

we were thinking probably the last week of august through september, because 9/1 is our anniversary.

8. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    i didn't forget---i had limited space! plus, we would be doing a drive-tour of some of the major cities.

we were both leaning towards FL because we want to go back, but airfare is higher. plus we want to visit places we have never been, and maybe save FL for when Nathan is older and we can bring him to the parks.

Heat is not really an issue. We both don't mind it.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    In that case Las Vegas...Babbbbyyyyy...It's the adult Disney!!!!
    Just the two of you...You won't forget it!!...$$$ limits up front of course,
    cuz when ya get there you won't think straight...

Mr. P

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Colorado. Go skiing/snowboarding man! If you don't know how there are half-day lessons available that still allow plenty of time on the hill! If you stay on the slopes agreeable to your skill level there is only a very small chance of looking like this guy.

:crutch:

Unless you are one of those who are afraid of the Red States! :eek: