Hello, Snowden/Freedom supporter here

I'm not so much a supporter, as I am someone who abhors what our Government has become. People like Snowden/Greenwald?Wikileaks are the only thing that can keep it honest and accountable. For that, I'm grateful.
Welcome.

I agree. These whistleblowers are our main hope for reversing the oppressive direction government is moving in. Snowden and Greenwald are good Americans.

Welcome to USMB, Snowden..:)

211770lkpyt3brkh.gif

Let's wait and see where Snowden ends up and what, if anything, he's given away. So far I can't decide if he's legit or another Manning....time will tell.

Welcome from another newcomer. :)

Although I generally agree that Snowden honored his oath to the Constitution above his contractual agreements with NSA --- I'm worried that carrying your board name into the next decade might be a bit of baggage someday.

Welcome anyway..

And hell has frozen over if I agree with MikeK on anything...

I'm not so much a supporter, as I am someone who abhors what our Government has become. People like Snowden/Greenwald?Wikileaks are the only thing that can keep it honest and accountable. For that, I'm grateful.
Welcome.

I agree. These whistleblowers are our main hope for reversing the oppressive direction government is moving in. Snowden and Greenwald are good Americans.

Me too. Welcome to the board. Snowden is my hero! I think the guy is awesome.

-Jeri

Isn't it something how we get transparency from them instead of our own government?

Oh, and welcome to USMB. :razz:

Welcome to USMB, snowdoneisahero. Hope you enjoy picking up the pieces when you realize how serious it is to betray a nation of 326,000,000 human beings to its chief competitor over ego issues.

Tell us what you think when he comes out from under the influence of the truth serum at Moscow International Airport and has given out all the National Security Agency's information on his person to Vladimir.

Hope you enjoy picking up the pieces when you realize how serious it is to betray a nation of 326,000,000 human beings to its chief competitor over ego issues.

Is that more or less damaging than a lying James Clapper and an organization that has lied about spying on millions of American citizens (the breaking of the 4th)?

Who has really betrayed us on a routine basis? Our officials in high places, or Edward Snowden... the man who told the truth?

Last edited:
There's no "war on terror", it's a war on the Constitution. Snowden exposed that, and those waging the war now want his head on a platter.

Let's wait and see where Snowden ends up and what, if anything, he's given away. So far I can't decide if he's legit or another Manning....time will tell.

Welcome from another newcomer. :)
Considering the public backlash we've already seen in Snowden's (and Manning's) favor you may rest assured if any truly damaging military or strategic secrets are included in their revelations condemning accusations to that effect would be pouring incessantly through the compliant mainstream media. But all we've heard thus far is these men have revealed "classified" information. No specifics, just "classified."

Let's keep in mind that while Candidate Obama promised "transparency" in an already too secretive government, President Obama has not only failed to keep that promise (as well as most others) he has in fact significantly reduced access by the American People to information concerning the actions of their government. In spite of his emphatic promise of transparency Obama prevails over the most arcane federal government in our history.

Until I am convinced in open court that Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning have revealed information which has overtly damaging potential I refuse to regard the rebellious conduct of these men as being detrimental to the interests of the American People.

Welcome to USMB, snowdoneisahero. Hope you enjoy picking up the pieces when you realize how serious it is to betray a nation of 326,000,000 human beings to its chief competitor over ego issues.
Let's wait and see if any information which is potentially damaging to the interests of the American People is included in the so-called "classified" data revealed by Snowden and Manning. At this point there is an equal possibility that the revelations these men are being demonized for will operate to the advantage of the American People by exposing things government doesn't want us to know.

I want some categorical specifics -- not just the generic "classified" designation that works so well for the brainwashed authoritarian jingoists among us. Classified what? And why?

Edward Snowden appears to be far too intelligent to reveal anything which might be damaging to the the Nation and its People. And Julian Assange has repeatedly stated that any such information has been removed from the data WikiLeaks has published.

Snowden and Manning belong to one of two possible categories; traitors or heroes. Let's wait and see what the evidence suggests.

I'm not a supporter of the corrupt Constitution destroying behemoth into which our federal government has transmogrified...but, that doesn't equate with being a Snowden supporter. He has done nothing to prove his credibility, imo. I believe the info he has outed, but do not trust his motives based on the countries he has chosen as his escapes.

Tell us what you think when he comes out from under the influence of the truth serum at Moscow International Airport and has given out all the National Security Agency's information on his person to Vladimir.
He didn't betray me. Also, what "ego issues" are you referring to? The man is on the run for his life, and will either be jailed, disappear (prob killed) or hopefully get asylum, and maybe get to live out the rest of his life after embarrassing the largest most influential and intrusive empire in this day and age. The only one who betrayed us is Alexander, and should be tried for perjury, and if found guilty, sent to prison for life: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/300162-alexander-needs-to-be-arrested-and-tried-for-perjury-and-treason.html#post7440834

I'm not a supporter of the corrupt Constitution destroying behemoth into which our federal government has transmogrified...but, that doesn't equate with being a Snowden supporter. He has done nothing to prove his credibility, imo. I believe the info he has outed, but do not trust his motives based on the countries he has chosen as his escapes.
The countries chosen were a brilliant strategic move. The man's brilliant. Let's see what happens in this chess game.

Let's wait and see if any information which is potentially damaging to the interests of the American People is included in the so-called "classified" data revealed by Snowden and Manning. At this point there is an equal possibility that the revelations these men are being demonized for will operate to the advantage of the American People by exposing things government doesn't want us to know.

I want some categorical specifics -- not just the generic "classified" designation that works so well for the brainwashed authoritarian jingoists among us. Classified what? And why?

Edward Snowden appears to be far too intelligent to reveal anything which might be damaging to the the Nation and its People. And Julian Assange has repeatedly stated that any such information has been removed from the data WikiLeaks has published.

Snowden and Manning belong to one of two possible categories; traitors or heroes. Let's wait and see what the evidence suggests.
Both men signed documents agreeing that they would not pass classified information to unauthorized persons.

Snowden is plowing with the wrong cows, having defected to Russia and contacted Ecuador who are feathering Assange's nest. The Ecuador in which I supported two orphans for about 10 years apiece while they were growing up, and the Russia that cheated us out of first class seats and put us on the back of the plane because we were Americans in 2006. They ignored two letters of protest requesting the difference in airfares which they cheated us out of.

Yep. Birds of a feather who think nothing of people who benefitted them generously, repaying bad for good.

Last edited:

He didn't betray me. Also, what "ego issues" are you referring to? The man is on the run for his life, and will either be jailed, disappear (prob killed) or hopefully get asylum, and maybe get to live out the rest of his life after embarrassing the largest most influential and intrusive empire in this day and age. The only one who betrayed us is Alexander, and should be tried for perjury, and if found guilty, sent to prison for life: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ried-for-perjury-and-treason.html#post7440834

He knew what he did was wrong. He ran. Real men go through channels to get wrongs righted. Justice moves too slowly for cowards, unwilling to wait their turn in light. Snowden insidiously omitted the hassle in a unilateral, illegal move. Revealing the nation's undergarments to enemies is shameful. The world waits to see if Putin is an honorable leader or a sycophant for information.

Snowden had nowhere else to go to avoid incarceration. I doubt if he sympathizes with the Chinese or the Russians, but what would his chances have been if he had gone to say...Great Britain?

I agree with FreedomBecky. Snowden should have stayed in the US where it would have been easier for Obama to kill him with a Drone Strike.

F*ck Due Process!

Forum List

Back